install os x on samsong laptop

5 posts in this topic

hey everyone,

fiest i am apologize if i have a bad english :) .

to the question..

i am a developer of ios and i wont to buy this computer Samsung NP530U4E or this Samsung NP370R5E

and i wondering if i be abel to run mountion lion on it . i did a search on the internet and i find nothing.

did anybudy have experience with this computers or know something about this computers ?

please let me know..

Hi,

I recommend the NP370R5. 

In theory it can run OS X. 

The NP530U4E can also, but it is unclear to me if it has CPU integrated graphics. If it does, you can not use the HD 8750M.

That said, if you are looking for a notebook, specifically for OS X, go for the NP370R5E.

I'm saying in theory, because nobody can guarantee that OS X ill run on certain hardware.

• Like 1

thank you for the quick answer .

i wont to know if on of this computers is more surely work

asus x502ca-xx014

Asus X402CA-WX035Hh

Toshiba Satellite U840-10Q

or if you can recommend me a laptop thet had the same advantage such as this laptops who surely work 

Thanks , nathan.

i was wrong 

the computer is

Samsung NP370R5E-S01:
i5 3230M 2.60 GHz
INTEL HM76
amd radeon 8750M
802.11bg/n 1Gigabit Ethernet 

is that mean that it also not going to work because of the amd radeon 8750M?

here is the details of other computers:

asus x502ca-xx014h:
Intel-4000
Intel HM76 Express
cpu i5 3317u 1.7GHz
Gigabit Ethernet

Asus X402CA-WX035H:
cpu i5 3317u  1.8mhz
Intel-4000
INTEL HM76

Samsung NP530U4E-S01:
NVIDIA-8750M 
i5 3337U 1.8 GHz
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235, 2x2 802.11 abg/n 
Gigabit Ethernet [10/100/1000]

Toshiba Satellite U840-10Q:
Intel-4000
i5 3317u 1.7GHz
AMD Radeon™ HD 7550M
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230

thank you

Hi,

Well, basically it comes down to this. 

If you have a laptop with integrated CPU graphics, that you can not disable in the bios, when it has another dedicated card (i think it is called that.) The dedicated card will not work, not now, not anywhere soon in the future. 

If the notebook has Intel wireless, you will have to switch the WLAN card, to 1 that is OS X compatible, or can be made compatible through kexts or a DSDT edit, this is not possible with the Intel WLAN cards.

From what i have read, you are new to the OSx86 scene, and are just looking for a notebook that will run it. 

Choose a notebook with an Intel processor, some compatible audio like the Realtek ALC series, and keep in mind what i just stated above.

If you also want to use the notebook for Windows, you can skip the part about the graphics, it's still possible to run OS X, but you will not be able to use the second card in OS X. And it requires some more spending time, when installing and setting up the system.

Best of luck on choosing your system. 

If i'm incorrect on some part, please correct me. 

• Like 1