WoW 10 day guest pass

Then there were none.

13 posts in this topic

My freind bought wow and he gave me a guest pass key, but when i go to set it up, it says that it needs a credit card number and to select my subscription.

but after my 10 day trial period is up what will it do, will it charge my card, will it automattically change to £8.99

p/m sub, and buy the retail game?

yea, after 10 days, it will automatically charge your credit card. thats part of the trick of using those. they get you to start playing, and then, chances are you either like it, or you don't and you forget about it. then you go and look at your creditcard bill at the end of the month and bam, you have a chage that you can't remember getting. of course, you coudl just play it for 10 days and then cancel the account. i would do that on the 8th day though, you never know how long it takes for them to proscess your canceltion.

well, because you got the card from your freinds retail version, it assumes that you already have the game, and will probably just charge you for the account. then again, idk how you plan to play it without the game software.

idk if you can do that and still play online. i bet Blizzard links each key to an account, much like Valve/ Steam does for Counter Strike. At the very least, i used to play Starcraft, also made by Blizzard, and i had borrowed my freind's CD, but we could never play online at the same time. if we got on at different times, it was ok, but i bet Blizzard has updated that tech to only allow a Serial number, key, to one account.

of course, you could always find ways to change the key...

WoW doesn't need a CD key to make an account(beside the trial)..

yea it does... my friend had to go get a legit copy to create one... and then he photoshopped a new cd key and put it where he removed the old one... then returned it

max

• 1 month later...

Ok,

Figured i'd post my 2cents since it appears everyone else is wrong.

1. You get the 10 day pass, you enter your name, credit card, 10 day pass number and your account is created.

2. You play for 10 days, have fun, enjoy life

3. After 10 day the account expires. In order to continue you need to either purchase wow online, receive

the new activation code for the full version or purchase the game at your local game store.

4. log back onto your account, it will then ask you for your purchased activation number. You enter this number and your account will be activated.

After your trial expires blizzard will not charge your credit card. That's only to verify that you are a legitimate user.

I've done this and have had friends do this with multiple accounts. This is the way it works.