Disk does not appears (Dell optiplex 755)

chris1111

45 posts in this topic

on the installation, my disk does not appears :(  I try A lot of kext on Extra / Extensions  and  its same result 

and I  try all installer ( my hack , vanilla installation and my own one )

PS:  EXT hdd drive usb appears :ph34r:  :blush:

Help please!!

sysstem :Dell optiplex 755 mini towers cpu core 2 E8500 3.16 ghz / 8 gig ram /geforce gt 610 .2048 mo

works perfect on ML and Lion 

th

Have you gone into disk utility and formatted the drive?

thanks to response, the drive not appears on disk utility, only  the usb drive  :(  :blush:

SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup_anim:   :D   :P sans_t10.jpg

I HAVE install the 10.8.4 kext  / IOPCIFamily.kext  / IOAHCIFamily.kext/ AppleAHCIPort.kext/  :thumbsup_anim:   :whistle:   :whistle:   :hysterical:   :yoji:   :moil:

for now AM ok with this 

thank you very mutch for your help  pharillion and sampledi  :D   B)

• Like 3

Hi there chris!  good news!!

Can you be more specific about the installation process please, what tools did you use? 

the Installer for Maverikcs on this configuratuion is provided here, its my  Maverikcs Installer  ^_^

http://www.osx86.net/view/3941-boot_usb_os_x_mavericks_10.9_dp.pkg.html

follow the step and if you have same problemes to me, just change the 3 kext on S/L /E  :moil:

Good Luck :D

• 3 months later...

Thanks Chris1111.

I found this post after 5 or 6 hours of fiddling with boot flags etc. In the MacOS installer, I was getting "waiting for root device" or the install would "see no drives" to install the OS onto. Same with DiskUtility.

After reading this post, I put IOPCIFamily.kext, IOAHCIFamily.kext and AppleAHCIPort.kext from S/L/E on my 10.8.5 OS in a folder. I used KextWizard and dragged the three kext and install them on the MacOS installation drive. Used KextWizard for maintenance of S/L/E (rebuild caches, set permissions etc) on the installation drive.

10.9 is installing now. Yeah.. On to the next hurdle!

I'm having a heck of a time getting mine to work. I'm running BIOS version A19, BIOS is set to RAID/AHCI. Normally I have a Radeon HD 6450 in the system but I've removed that for now. I remember getting it to boot to the installer once but it had no drives and it was before I found your post. Now I have no idea how I got that far.

- If I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to make the installer, I can get it to hang after initializing ethernet. Using the extensions from 10.8.5, installed using kext wizard, didn't help at all. 

- If I use myHack, it just kernel panics almost immediately even with -v -x -f 

Suggestions or pointers?? Thanks!

But you did. See post #9, I thanked you already.  I never really asked for any help, though!

the problems  is you using tony soft and your machine is on risk now because every=body haves problems with this software

the kp pointed to that I do need to replace IOPCIFamily - until there is a new AHCI or DSDT patch which does not require that extra old kext. The goal is to stay as stock Apple Vanilla as possible. But for now it's an OK work-around - thank you.