problem with alc892

34 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've got a problem with my audio because it isn't working. I tried to install  a lot of appleHDA.kext without any success. I think that i have to change the id audio because now is set to "0" but i don't know how. Can you help me please?        THX and sorry for my bad english  :(

Hi, you need to inject the "layout-id".

If you are familiar with editing the DSDT, you can add it to device HDEF or alternatively you can use an HDAEnabler (this one for example) kext. The layout-id depends on the AppleHDA you have and you need to write it into the enabler's Info.plist.

• Like 1

Hi,

How to extract the DSDT from Windows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8sHsQ-76Q

The AppleHDA solutions you have used  require DSDT edits i guess, so they will not work without them. 

The DSDT edits require 5 min, and the layout-id can be injected from that, like K3nny said. 

This can be done for you, if you do not know what we are talking about, just watch the video, and attach the DSDT file, and 1 of the AppleHDA files here. 

i prefer to use an enabler because is too difficult for me doing it. 

Now (as you can see in the photo) i've got on the right the hdaenabler and on the left an hdaenabler. what i've to do exactly?  :(

Hi,

What photo? I can not see it? 

Extracting the DSDT should not be that hard, drop it here, and it will be patched. I'm awake for another hour or two, just extract the DSDT, compress it with 1 of the AppleHDA's, and attach them here. 

If you ensist on using the enabler, follow the link K3nny has provided. 

Right click the file > add to archive, it will be zipped. OS X has a build in archiver, no need for third party, unless it is rar. 

I can extract it with Pacifist, so nvm. i do not see the extracted DSDT in the archive? Only the AppleHDA and the enabler. Is this the vanilla AppleHDA? Or 1 of the versions you have downloaded? 

Edit: Yes, the second 1 worked. Now for the DSDT :P

it only one that i've downloaded.. for what concerns the dsdt i didn't extract it because now i don't have windows installed on the machine where osx is running.

sorry  :D

anyway i have extracted the dsdt but i don't know how to patch it!

So all this time i'm asking you to upload a DSDT which you do not have extracted yet? Thanks for wasting my time. 

Also, the AppleHDA.kext you have attached has not been patched, so what exactly do you want? Audio working? Ok, use VoodooHDA. 

If you want help on this forum, you will have to put an effort in to it yourself. I'm going to stop here. 

Best of luck. 

i was doing what you say but on another computer, after the guide i understood that i've to do it on my computer and so i wrote to you that it's too difficult, because i've to install also windows.

sorry!!!

now i'm installing windows and i'll do what you say

i know that i've to do something by myself and because of this, is since this winter that i'm tring to make my machine working

Just create a linux live usb, and extract the DSDT from there. Use Ubuntu, here is a guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yzdHz3PsvpjG2Qr9ptBaxdBldgscXVnCE2Ux0Laqdpo/edit

I have never said you need Windows, but yes, i assumed you would still have it installed along OS X on your system. 

And if it was too difficult, i might have misunderstood, or the reasons where not clear. 

Anyway, you have only OS X installed on your system atm? To prevent further misunderstandings.

Patched for Layout ID 12.

Most AppleHDA.kext that are uploaded are patched under this ID. Place the DSDT.aml in the Extra folder of your OSX drive. 

The attached AppleHDA is a ALC892 patched kext, edited for the layout id 12.

And, i forgot: 

Use kext wizard to install the AppleHDA

DSDT.aml.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip