AMD FX-8350 and hardware help.

4 posts in this topic

So here's the PC I'm wanting to install it on.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.2Ghz

MOBO: ASRock 970 Extreme4

RAM: Kingston Beast 16GB @ 2133 Mhz (or something close)

Graphics: EVGA GTX 660 Superclocked

500GB SATA drive for OSX, Windows is installed on a 240GB SSD and I have a 1TB for data.

So heres my first question, the CPU is supported as I've found working kernels, the graphics card is too, the installer boots fine when using Nawcoms bootcd and installs fine with no errors, however, I CANNOT boot using the installed bootloader and it kernel panics every time even when using the same flags as the installer and the kernel for AMD.

But it DOES boot the installer with the modbin kernel from nawcom, so would it be possible to extract the modbin kernel from the disc and use that for my default? Also how do I view what's on the disc OUTSIDE of OSX since I haven't been able to get OSX to boot and even if i extract it when booting from the modcd will I be able to overwrite the existing kernel?

I need help because graphics don't enable when booting with the modcd and it's really getting me unhappy.. Might have to move back to Linux.

So here's the PC I'm wanting to install it on.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.2Ghz

MOBO: ASRock 970 Extreme4

RAM: Kingston Beast 16GB @ 2133 Mhz (or something close)

Graphics: EVGA GTX 660 Superclocked

500GB SATA drive for OSX, Windows is installed on a 240GB SSD and I have a 1TB for data.

So heres my first question, the CPU is supported as I've found working kernels, the graphics card is too, the installer boots fine when using Nawcoms bootcd and installs fine with no errors, however, I CANNOT boot using the installed bootloader and it kernel panics every time even when using the same flags as the installer and the kernel for AMD.

But it DOES boot the installer with the modbin kernel from nawcom, so would it be possible to extract the modbin kernel from the disc and use that for my default? Also how do I view what's on the disc OUTSIDE of OSX since I haven't been able to get OSX to boot and even if i extract it when booting from the modcd will I be able to overwrite the existing kernel?

I need help because graphics don't enable when booting with the modcd and it's really getting me unhappy.. Might have to move back to Linux.

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lpm0scn6fL0

not Nvidia ML 10.8 (boot -x for NV) work on Lion 10.7.5 flag : arch=i386 GraphicsInjector=Yes :)