Success - Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Mavericks DP2 Haswell Hackintosh

gaspimp

248 posts in this topic

I'm using the same method as you. My problem is that I've got only two P-States working (8x and 35x). Another problem is that I've to disable C1E, C3, C6 and C7 states in bios because with them on I get many freezes. I could not figure why. I mean these C-states are meant to be enabled...

My board is z87x-ud4h, but is very similar to z87x-ud3h.

This is the output of SSDTPRGen:

(I'm using iMac14,2 SMBIOS because they are haswell based)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Processor Declaration(s) Found in DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)
Generating ssdt_pr.dsl for a iMac14,2 [Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61]
Haswell Core i7-4770K processor [0x306C3] setup [0x0705]
With a maximum TDP of 84 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 8 (Core Frequency: 3500 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 4 (3600-3900 MHz)
Number of P-States: 32 (800-3900 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6)
Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3)

I tried the Mac14,2 smbios, and it seems that it also give me 3 c-states only. So i put it back to Mac13,2 to get all the c-states. I'll just wait for the updated Mac14,2 smbios details. :)

• Like 1

I discovered something really strange and I don't know how I have done.

I disable SpeedStep using CLOVER latency 0x03E9 and used SSDTPrGen. My multiplier was locked however consumption was correctly moving and managing... (strange)

Result a 4 days rock solid computer without any hand and any freeze ... no more speedstep and sleep but a nice working computer until someone find the solution.

The problem is I don't how I have managed this because right now my SpeedStep came back even with latency argument...

You cannot disable it in BIOS as 10.9 is able to overpass BIOS and check "deep inside the kernel"...

this may be a XCPM problem ...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have a REALLY weird issue. No matter what I do, just after BIOS, at the Darwin/x86 Boot screen, My keyboard is totally unresponsive, and I am unable to stop the counter to input my bootflags. I've tried multiple keyboards in different USB slots. I have a USB with 10.9/myHack, and a DVD with Naresh's 10.8.2. Still no luck with the keyboard. Its GOT to be a setting in the BIOS but for the life of me I can't seem to figure this out. Any thoughts?

Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H BIOS F7

i7-4770K Stock Speed

Gigabyte 7950 Video(Onboard is Disabled)

16G G.Skill Ripjaws X Series PC12800

Ok, I have a REALLY weird issue. No matter what I do, just after BIOS, at the Darwin/x86 Boot screen, My keyboard is totally unresponsive, and I am unable to stop the counter to input my bootflags. I've tried multiple keyboards in different USB slots. I have a USB with 10.9/myHack, and a DVD with Naresh's 10.8.2. Still no luck with the keyboard. Its GOT to be a setting in the BIOS but for the life of me I can't seem to figure this out. Any thoughts?

Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H BIOS F7

i7-4770K Stock Speed

Gigabyte 7950 Video(Onboard is Disabled)

16G G.Skill Ripjaws X Series PC12800

I have the same problem

I've discovered that only 1 USB port is active during boot. I've had to use a USB hub and insert my thumbdrive and my keyboard. But I'm still not able to get to the install screen

Go to Bios Settings. Start to put default. Share your settings.

• 2 weeks later...

I had sleep working great, but not any longer. I think it has to do with that i started to use the iGPU for a while again. System.log gives me "Wake reason: HDEF XHC" mostly. The issues reported in this topic with the unresponsive Chameleon prompt, i also had occur on my system. I suspect something fishy with the damn gigabyte usb design again (had it occur also on my X58  board, at random. Same {censored}). 

Anyone having issues with ssdtPRGen should contact me per e-mail – see script for mail address – and include a IORegistryExplorer and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext dump so that I can have a look at it.

But please, I need to know the exact problem, CPU type and board name/type, or I won't even start looking at it !

• Like 3

Anyone having issues with ssdtPRGen should contact me per e-mail – see script for mail address – and include a IORegistryExplorer and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext dump so that I can have a look at it.

But please, I need to know the exact problem, CPU type and board name/type, or I won't even start looking at it !

hello pike R. Alpha

I encountered a similar scene. Please help me with

I had sleep working great, but not any longer. I think it has to do with that i started to use the iGPU for a while again. System.log gives me "Wake reason: HDEF XHC" mostly. The issues reported in this topic with the unresponsive Chameleon prompt, i also had occur on my system. I suspect something fishy with the damn gigabyte usb design again (had it occur also on my X58  board, at random. Same {censored}).

I had two gigabytes over the course of my life, what I can say about the gigabyte? they suck, they are cards that only have problems, problems with usb, sudden reset bios, for me the only company gigabytes should fail, for me they are incompetent .... I had the asus motherboards are real, never had problems

same here. but mine was just due to XHC. After checking syslog, it started last December 18th, 2013. My last change was the update to 10.9.1 perhaps some of the kexts (mine USB 3.0 specifically) needs to be updated. not sure. 

-- Update

After some isolation, it seems that the Corsair H100i USB Link which was attached to the USB2.0 header of the board is causing the sleep issue. Not yet sure how to resolve this without removing the USB Link.

• 2 weeks later...

i´m a new user from this mother, nice OB.

my good bios settings

bios V7, in attachment

Press F7 to load optimized default

xHCI Mode auto

xHCI Hand-OFF Enabled

EHCI Hand-OFF Enabled

Internal Graphics Disabled

Init Display First, change it to the PCIe slot that you placed your graphics card in.

Wake on Lan Disabled

Intel VT-d Disabled

Network stack Disabled

my files:

Z87X-UD3H.zip

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and am trying to get the integrated Intel 4600 graphics to work. My issue is that it is working intermittently. I can boot and sometimes after the verbose output for startup and the login screen is supposed to appear I get an image filled with snow/static. Other times it boots fine and I get the login screen and everything works fine.

Here are a few things I have tried that didn't seem to matter:

1. In the bios the memory settings for the Intel 4600 graphics was not 1024 like OSX thought so I changed it so they matched.

2. Tried the DVI vs hdmi port from the motherboard.

3. From an earlier post I followed these directions:

For HD4600, add the following lines to org.chameleon.bool.plist in the Extra folder:

<key>IGPlatformID</key>
     <string>0c260000</string>
     <key>IGPenabler</key>
     <string>Yes</string>

When it boots fine I don't have any issues, and the about displays as Intel HD Graphics 4600 with 1024 MB. I even ran cinebench and it worked fine. When it doesn't boot fine I am able to ssh into the box and see that it hasn't crashed, just no windows display. Are there any logs that I could check to see what is going on? The system.log file has more entries when it works for WindowServer then when it doesn't that process seems to be the one getting stuck but not sure why... Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

David.

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and am trying to get the integrated Intel 4600 graphics to work. My issue is that it is working intermittently. I can boot and sometimes after the verbose output for startup and the login screen is supposed to appear I get an image filled with snow/static. Other times it boots fine and I get the login screen and everything works fine.

Here are a few things I have tried that didn't seem to matter:

1. In the bios the memory settings for the Intel 4600 graphics was not 1024 like OSX thought so I changed it so they matched.

2. Tried the DVI vs hdmi port from the motherboard.

3. From an earlier post I followed these directions:

For HD4600, add the following lines to org.chameleon.bool.plist in the Extra folder:

<key>IGPlatformID</key>

<string>0c260000</string>

<key>IGPenabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

When it boots fine I don't have any issues, and the about displays as Intel HD Graphics 4600 with 1024 MB. I even ran cinebench and it worked fine. When it doesn't boot fine I am able to ssh into the box and see that it hasn't crashed, just no windows display. Are there any logs that I could check to see what is going on? The system.log file has more entries when it works for WindowServer then when it doesn't that process seems to be the one getting stuck but not sure why... Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

David.

1. Do not change the VRAM setting in BIOS to 1024. Change it back to default which I believe is 64.
  2. No difference if you use the right default IGPlaformID eg 0D220003
  3. Only <key>IGPenabler</key>

<string>Yes</string> should be enough and should default to IGPlaformID 0D220003

4. <key>IGPlatformID</key> is only needed if you experience difficulties with default and need to overide and/or experiment.
  5. Which bootloader and what version are you using? All the above only applies to Chimera 2.2.1
  6. Good luck.

I had the IGPenabler set to yes but setting IGPlatformID seems to have done the trick. I tried a couple of different values but setting it to

0D260000 has allowed me to reboot 5 times and each time i get the login screen correctly when it comes back up so I think I am good now.

I also figured out I was using Chimera 2.2.1 as my boot loader, I didn't know since I just did the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] install and it installed it for me. Thanks for the help.

David.

1. Do not change the VRAM setting in BIOS to 1024. Change it back to default which I believe is 64.
  2. No difference if you use the right default IGPlaformID eg 0D220003
  3. Only <key>IGPenabler</key>
         <string>Yes</string> should be enough and should default to IGPlaformID 0D220003
  4. <key>IGPlatformID</key> is only needed if you experience difficulties with default and need to overide and/or experiment.
  5. Which bootloader and what version are you using? All the above only applies to Chimera 2.2.1
  6. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the following:

1. Intel Core i7-4770/4770K 
2. Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Motherboard

F7 bios from Gigabyte

onboard graphics

Using following kexts: FakeSMC, AppleHDA & HDAEnabler1

The Problem: Keyboard and mouse attached to USB ports stop working after sleep/wakeup. Is this a known problem? Any solutions?

BR,
Oki

I have the following:

1. Intel Core i7-4770/4770K 
2. Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Motherboard

F7 bios from Gigabyte

onboard graphics

Using following kexts: FakeSMC, AppleHDA & HDAEnabler1

The Problem: Keyboard and mouse attached to USB ports stop working after sleep/wakeup. Is this a known problem? Any solutions?

BR,
Oki

Problem is in keyboard or mouse.

i have similar problem with keyboard on my windows PC. Connect another keyboard - and all works fine.

Problem is in keyboard or mouse.

i have similar problem with keyboard on my windows PC. Connect another keyboard - and all works fine.

Not really - tried with 3 keyboards (one of them being new apple keyboard) - results are the same. Cannot login after sleep since keyboard not working :(. Please help. Disconnecting/connecting again does not help. Tried with both USB3.0 and USB2.0 ports.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and i having problem after the installation of the welcome screen.

i booted up USB pendive which attached on the front USB 2.0. After select the language of English then it shows the error log.

any advise? Mouse and keyboard connected as USB and it both are working during the installation

Here is my config:

Z87x-UD3H  (F7 Bios)
GTX670

i4770K

Kingston SSD (pluged in SATA slot 1 (not slot 0) )

BIOS setting:

Load default BIOS setting

EHCI hand-off =Enable

XHCI Mode = AUTO

Intel Processor Graphics = Disable

SATA config = Hot Plug = Enable   ( on all SATA port)

Secure Boot = Disable

I have to boot up with this boot flag otherwise i can't see the welcome screen:

-v graphicsEnabler=No

there is no goal with : -v graphicsEnabler=No -f

Log files attached

Thanks~

Installer Log 23-Jan-2014.txt

hi

•  
  • I have the same mb ,no problems to install,check your prepared usb mavericks..the restore, the add of fake and nullcpu... as the guides recommend,and last chameleon,on mine I use g210,as video card,don't have experience with video integrated to processor..like hd3000,hd4000 and so on..
  • c.frio
  • photo-thumb-366489.jpeg?_r=1365193745

^did you put some unknown kext ( say like usb 3 kext or something?)

i've got the same issue back then in mountain lion using my z68 board

No! Just 3 of them - FakeSMC, patched AppleHDA & HDAEnabler1. I will check it out later today by connecting via ssh when computer wakes up.