Success - Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Mavericks DP2 Haswell Hackintosh

gaspimp

248 posts in this topic

I fixed the mega link, sorry for abandoning this thread for a while.

Don't use the F6L Beta Bios any more, the latest F7 bios from Gigabyte fixes almost all known BIOS issues.(SATA 6gbps link, UEFI boot delay, etc.). I'll upload a v1.4 zip when I get a chance that removes the beta bios.

• Like 1

i cannot for the life of me get audio to work...anyone have suggestions?

If you want help you can start by answering some questions and providing more information.

1. Is your MB a gigabyte-z87x-ud3h ? If the answer is yes then you have an Onboard Realtek ALC 898 Intel HDA Audio chip.
  2. If you have something else for audio please specify.
  3. What have you tried? Did you use any kext? Please specify which ones.

If you are using the Onboard Realtek ALC 898 Intel HDA Audio chip then download the Z87XUD3H files v1.3.zip  file from the first post and use the AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext from it. Copy them to the right location and rebuild cache. There's nothing more to it. You should have audio after doing so. Good luck.

If you want help you can start by answering some questions and providing more information.

1. Is your MB a gigabyte-z87x-ud3h ? If the answer is yes then you have an Onboard Realtek ALC 898 Intel HDA Audio chip.
  2. If you have something else for audio please specify.
  3. What have you tried? Did you use any kext? Please specify which ones.

If you are using the Onboard Realtek ALC 898 Intel HDA Audio chip then download the Z87XUD3H files v1.3.zip  file from the first post and use the AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext from it. Copy them to the right location and rebuild cache. There's nothing more to it. You should have audio after doing so. Good luck.

I can confirm that the audio kexts in the zip file still work as of the latest 10.9 DP update.

Hey Guys,

I have followed this guide and everything works except sleep:

The monitors turn off but the fans are still spinning and the power led lights. After a while, maybe 2-3 minutes, the computer restarts.

I have tried different things/kexts. The first setup was fakesmc and both kexts for sound and one for Ethernet. I have also tried to delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, to patch AppleRTC or played around with NullCPUPowerManagement (which I don't need as far as I know?!)

My PC:

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H (F7 Bios)

Intel 4670 i5 Haswell

GeForce GTX 660 (which works native)

In 10.8.4 sleep works!

Thanks for help.

10.8.5 is released, guys!

10.8.5 waiting for the full release before it.
Then it's time to do it now, do not select that 10.8.5 will be released this September.
Please be patient is better.

10.8.5. Looking forward to a Mountain lion guide where everything works. :)

Z87 ud3h not booting for anyone else after the 10.8.5 combo update? Boots with safe mode though.

Also note that it booted fine with 10.8.4 + a modified haswell kernel.

Managed to boot it by reinstalling and doing the steps all over. (code for - don't know what the problem was lol)

Audio is working with Toleda's latest patch for ALC898 for 10.8.5. Intel graphics is working with the latest Chameleon and GraphicsEnabler=Yes and IntelAzulFB=10 . Ethernet works with the 10.8.4 intel kext on 10.8.5 for now.

Hey Guys,

I have followed this guide and everything works except sleep:

The monitors turn off but the fans are still spinning and the power led lights. After a while, maybe 2-3 minutes, the computer restarts.
I have tried different things/kexts. The first setup was fakesmc and both kexts for sound and one for Ethernet. I have also tried to delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, to patch AppleRTC or played around with NullCPUPowerManagement (which I don't need as far as I know?!)

My PC:

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H (F7 Bios)
Intel 4670 i5 Haswell
GeForce GTX 660 (which works native)

In 10.8.4 sleep works!

Thanks for help.

Same here. System goes to sleep BUT wakes up instantly. Maybe we need a patched DSDT for this motherboard with EHCI/USB fixes? I've extracted the raw DSDT for my motherboard from WIndows but not sure how to patch it before using it.

Mavericks is going to release end of october. I say that it's better to get 10.8.5 running perfectly now :)

Same here. System goes to sleep BUT wakes up instantly. Maybe we need a patched DSDT for this motherboard with EHCI/USB fixes?

Managed to fix sleep for now by using the darkwake=0 bootflag. Not sure if a dsdt fix would be better?

For those unable to boot into 10.8.5, make sure VT d is off in the bios.

I have tried to install OSX 10.8.5 12F37 he first made ​​a UEFI results show it works better with my board. And who do not go on .... I keep them all before.

The rot my OSX 10.9.x ignominiously reinstall it rot. Thinking remedies. Wait for the full version is better than the first, but used infrequently.

OSX 10.8.512F37 seems to be quite slippery than 10.9.x anyone has a opinion on it.

:D  :D  :D

I can confirm this. 10.8.5 is not what we hoped it would be, for haswell based systems at least. Even the Chameleon based hd 4600 support is faulty on it.

UEFI booting works great with Clover but I just couldn't get it to install perfectly - but did learn a lot of things related to this new bootloader. HD 4600 also works perfectly with Clover as opposed to Chameleon on 10.8.5. Configuring the hidden EFI partition is what makes things complicated on Clover, I think.

I got frustrated wishing for a stable system that I ended up reinstalling Windows 8 and it works great. I've become used to gigabytes's fan control software :)

Btw, does anyone know how to remove UEFI entries from the gigabyte boot menu?

Btw, does anyone know how to remove UEFI entries from the gigabyte boot menu?

I was also confused that it was not in the bios menu. And I can not get deleted.
It seems like it would. Embedded with the bios with Clover felt grateful to mess with bios.
I have also seen how it can help you to remove the boot UEFI.
Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I was also confused that it was not in the bios menu. And I can not get deleted.
It seems like it would. Embedded with the bios with Clover felt grateful to mess with bios.
I have also seen how it can help you to remove the boot UEFI.
Thank you.

Reflash the bios and choose default settings. It will go away then.

Mavericks gold master is out. Anyone test out the haswell speedstep yet?

Reflash the bios and choose default settings. It will go away then.

Mavericks gold master is out. Anyone test out the haswell speedstep yet?

Thanks for the guidance.
Mavericks gold master's haswell speedstep is working very well.
Most really proceed.
Much faster.

Hey guys !

Since Mavericks GM is out, I've tried to switch from ML to Mavericks. To be completely honest, I've used the old method, using ##### + post installation with ##### 5.5.2. I've used the ALC898 without DSDT, hnak's for the ethernet. Everything works like a charm, except sound. It's working, but it's stuttering all the time ! 

My guess is that's a PM management issue, unfortunately, I don't know which setting is wrong. 

One thing I've noticed : my vt-d is enabled is the BIOS, but the option is greyed, so I CANT change this. Does that means that it's enabled and that I can't do anything about that {censored} ? Or that I have to enable something else to disable it afterwards?

That sucks ! Nothing in the console is recurring or appearing when it's stuttering...

edit : Oh and right now, my trackpad is very laggy. Don't know why. But also, when the hack is booting, I need to unplug/plug the USB Bluetooth dongle in order to get the multitouch working. Isn't that weird? Do you think it's related? 

New edit : Ok I've deleted the com.apple.bluetooth.plist and reboot, and now the trackpad is working fine from the boot. I still got some stutters at some points, like when I'm using two applications that needs sounds at the same time. Do you know if it's possible to add a line somewhere to get the bluetooth prefs reload at each boot ? Don't you think it's a USB power management issue?

Mavericks gold master's haswell speedstep is working very well.
Much faster.

Yeah, the OS is definitely much faster.

But the speedstep... It's just like 10.8.5 here. Only the lowest, highest and turbo steppings are available. The rest in between are missing. Disappointing. :(

I hope it gets fixed soon.