Success - Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Mavericks DP2 Haswell Hackintosh

gaspimp

248 posts in this topic

Only tried with -v. Can try -x next.

The installer works, but installing OS X from clover boot breaks my computer/BIOS so hard I can't boot anything until I reflash my BIOS xD Never seen anything like it.

I am booting installer without caches.

I am also using FakeSMC and intel network kexts in the clover/kext/10.9 folder.

Hardware is i7 4770k, the GA-z87x-ud3h using Intel graphics. Tried Bios versions F7, F8, F9b

Mind you this is install from Clover. Chameleon based installs works just fine, except for sleep mode and C/P states.

Edit:

Install randomly worked...

Edit2:

Most seem to be working.

Sleep is "working".

Computer goes to sleep, but crashes/shutdown happens 2 seconds after waking, a second after display comes back up.

Edit3:

I am having random shutdowns/reboots happening during normal use.

Some informations

You can get sleep (manual) working with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement patched or HPET fix in DSDT 

i could get automatic sleep only with intel cpu graphics and not with nvidia card ?

with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement patched the energy saver has no automatic sleep but five options with the new "Power Nap"

with simple HPET fix in dsdt you got only three options but the automatic sleep is back 

?

with Clover i can manage to get working ethernet with AppleIntelE1000e in 10.9 folder (only working in S/L/E)

so many things to investigate !

How many options in your energy saver system preferences ?

try hpet and shutdown fix in old way of clover dsdt patch and uncheck every others options

working this way here 

how do you get audio with clover?

thank's

Ok, will try!

I used HDAEnabler and AppleHDA kexts for sound to work.

With only old way HPET and shutdown fix in clover, my computer can't sleep (instant wake up) and then dies (power off) within 1 second of waking up (I can barely see display come on before crash).

You can go mess around trying to patch HPET and AppleintelCPUpowermanagement trying to get sleep to work, but i don't really understand when u can get native sleep with x86Platformplugin.. I did run with a older macpro smbios with z87 myself for long time. had s3 sleep working running that also, but a newer haswell based smbios would probaly be better for power management related stuff.

You can go mess around trying to patch HPET and AppleintelCPUpowermanagement trying to get sleep to work, but i don't really understand when u can get native sleep with x86Platformplugin.. I did run with a older macpro smbios with z87 myself for long time. had s3 sleep working running that also, but a newer haswell based smbios would probaly be better for power management related stuff.

Thank's

You are right! I've just tested with MacPro3.1 no need of HPET fix to get manual sleep

What looks like your energy saver panel : 5 options with Power Nap or 3 options ?

Yeah i got 5 as well i guess that's what it defaults to, the "power nap" option appears when u drop (i forgot which one but one of two Pm SSDT's) via clover, if i understand it correctly it adds ways for making backups via timecapsule and check mail etc when in sleep state? 

Yes,

that's why i guess there is no more control on automatic sleep timing ?

thank's for the trick to activate in Clover

So now my Clover install goes smoothly with minimum options 

i manage to inject audio via Clover

and Intel Power Gadget app shoes perfect changes in power and frequencies so i guess it means correct power management

i have to install kexts in S/L/E and not in 10.9 folder ; no big deal!

I don't know how to tell if it's actually working as it should, because the intel power gadget rarely shows below 2 GHz.

The log looks pretty ok though:

24/03/14 13:24:55,000 kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]

24/03/14 13:25:14,000 kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]

24/03/14 13:24:54,000 kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU C7-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]
24/03/14 13:25:54,000 kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ (8) 19 20 21 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ]

24/03/14 13:24:54,000 kernel[0]: XCPM: registered
24/03/14 13:24:54,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: XCPM mode

Yes, there is, but I suspect it isn't really working. It never really goes below 2GHz in intel power gadget.

Did you recompile aicpupmi info kext on the computer you are using it? Fixed it for me.

24/03/14 13:36:10,000 kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ (8) 11 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ]

Yes, there is, but I suspect it isn't really working. It never really goes below 2GHz in intel power gadget.

Did you recompile aicpupmi info kext on the computer you are using it? Fixed it for me.

24/03/14 13:36:10,000 kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ (8) 11 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ]

No!

i'll give it a try

thank's

sorry i've been awhile for a bit... I just want to share my config

I don't get sleep working but as I mention earlier I've Corsair Link plugged on my motherboard usb. Computer goes sleep but it just suddenly wake up again.

Wondering if someone give a try to this and give me feedback if sleep does work for you (yes i'm lazy to unplug it and test myself :) )

I'm using fakesmc and kext for eth as share before. I did generate an ssdt with pike's tool but activating c-p state will work fine anyways.

I got Audio patched via clover (follow toleda clover guide on github, don't forget to add the kext in clover and the patch under cloverACL folder!)

Hope you will be happy as me with clover!

config copy.plist.txt

thank's for sharing your congif

sorry i've been awhile for a bit... I just want to share my config

I don't get sleep working but as I mention earlier I've Corsair Link plugged on my motherboard usb. Computer goes sleep but it just suddenly wake up again.

Wondering if someone give a try to this and give me feedback if sleep does work for you (yes i'm lazy to unplug it and test myself :) )

I'm using fakesmc and kext for eth as share before. I did generate an ssdt with pike's tool but activating c-p state will work fine anyways.

I have tested your config.plist

no more sleep ! and i got only 2 options in Energy Saver panel ?

so perhaps you could try to drop some ssdt 

<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>SSDT</string>
<key>TableId</key>
<string>CpuPm</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>SSDT</string>
<key>TableId</key>
<string>Cpu0Ist</string>
</dict>
</array>

and fix some usb ?

<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<true/>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<true/>
<key>AddClockID</key>
<true/>
</dict>

I got Audio patched via clover (follow toleda clover guide on github, don't forget to add the kext in clover and the patch under cloverACL folder!)

Could you be a little more explicit about audio please?

what's that "cloverALC folder"

what kext exactly do you put in Clover (10.9 ? i guess)

Could you be a little more explicit about audio please?

what's that "cloverALC folder"

what kext exactly do you put in Clover (10.9 ? i guess)

follow his readme here > https://github.com/toleda/audio_cloverALC

when you download the codec for 898 don't get confused on which patch to use due the system version

correct one is inside the folder cloverACL.. and there is only one

• 2 months later...

I am having a hell of a time trying to just install Mavericks on this board.

my Config:

Motherboard: GA-Z87X-UD5 TH (F3 Bios)

Using the on-board graphics for install.
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) (Only Using One stick to install)

I keep getting a CPU panic like this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/hu2sc2976u9gl6p/AACvgFIu44RGxwEWO-9JorXpa

Any Ideas? I tried everything on the first post in this thread.

I have been banging my head on this all day!

Thanks!

You are not giving much info.

When does it happen? What options are you using? What options have you tried? Does anything change the behavior?

Have you tried the usb stick in another computer to verify it works?

memtest?

Sorry, its been a long day.

I have used many combinations of flags like, GraphicsEnabler=No, -x -v ncpi=0x3000 -f PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=2048

I have used different USB sticks, but I only have the one computer to try on.. so I have not tried anywhere else.

I don't know anything about memtest. I have used four different memory sticks though.

Nothing I do seems to change the results.