Trying to install 10.8.2 (Niresh)

9 posts in this topic

Hey,

i'm trying to install OSX 10.8.2 On my Acer 5739G laptop (~3.5 years old).

I remember instaling 10.5 and 10.6 without big hastle, but now with almost every bootflag at most i get to DSMOS Has Arrived, and its just the installation!!

Processor : Intel T6600

My video card: Nvidia GeForce GT130M

The chipset: Intel ICH9M

Wlan won't work, but that's not the problem (Intel 5100BG)

P.s More than enough info is in Report.htm file attached.

Should i use other type of install? What to do? I've tried to build DSDT.aml, but i dont think its supposed to go with the install?

Im hopeless, but i need MacOs badly :/

Thanks in advance!!

Report.htm

My question still stands.. what method are you using? and why are you using Niresh's kernel.. You are on an Intel CPU, so you must be using stock/vanilla kernel.

Check bios to use AHCI and aslo try npci=0x2000 flag if you think you're stucked on "PCI configuration Begin"

I have no other mac, so i can't make a vanilla usb flash or cd. And niresh uses modified kernel only if you specify it. Tryied the command, no luck, still DSMOS HAS ARRIVED...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone just to start am new to the world of OS X but here goes lol...

i ve the same problem with my acer aspire 6930G.

as for the "vanilla kernel" comment ... Wrong well from what i have read up the standard kernel "mach_kernel" is compatible to install ML...

the other comments include removing the .kexts for the gpu....?? (but how can we do that when we can't even get a install done) 

idea..extract the contents of the Niresh .iso (ultra iso) to get basesystem.dmg then decompile (7-zip) and remove the gpu .kexts rebuild the thing.

but my only issue is the rebuild... but i will see 

updates to come