Mavericks not writing to network WD book

10 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is an isolated event with me but my Mavericks DP2 will not allow me to write or delete things from my Western Digital network storage hard drive. It works just fine in ML but no good in Mavericks. Kicks me out with server error.

I can browse everything just not delete, nor add anything. I can bring stuff over from the network drive to my desktop ect...just not delete or add.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Perhaps it's NTFS? If so you'll need a special "driver" to write to it, like Paragon, Tuxera or Fuse. More info here --> http://ntfsonmac.com

The above NAS is debian linux based product. It has EXT3 internal file system and is accessible via LAN as a shared storage. Hence it can be used with any OS as long as it is connected via LAN.

The issue is either with LAN card/driver or with Mav's implementation of networking protocols. IMO

Sorry, thought it was an external disk as I've got a WD Book as well, didn't know it was a NAS :whistle:

There are different versions of the Book. The one with LAN port (to be used through LAN and should be connected to router) and USB only versions which should be connected via USB to a PC. I've been given a dead (toasted main PCB) LAN version some time ago. Hence the info about the internals :)