5 posts in this topic

hey guys i just got done installing 10.8.2 on my custm pc and everything works after i install drivers and programs but my gpu seems to not be affected after i install the nvidia cuda or the webrelease drivers.

i have a pny 9800gtx+ on my desktop and my laptop has the 9800m gs but my laptop works perfectly except the intel 5100 wifi card which will never work. on my laptop i've upgraded to 10.8.3 and before that i had installed the cuda drivers to make it work otherwise it'll get a no signal screen before it gets to the desktop.

i tried the same method with my desktop but no matter what i always get the no signal, so im stuck on 10.8.2. the main problem is my gpu runs at 100% all the time and i can hear the noise which dont sound healthy.

anyone with the same card or similar have got it working perfectly?

ive tried searching "gpu runs at 100%" in search but no results. if anyone got a link to anything please let me know. thanks in advance:P

EDIT- its not a gpu problem but a cpu problem. my fan spins at 100% well at least the noise makes it seem like it. and idles around 99%, take a look at the picture below. anyone with the same problem please gimme some tips.

I had a similar problem with my 6850 a while back. It's pretty much the most annoying thing ever. Try this link and see of any of it is helpful http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281441-agpm-help-gf-8800-gts-always-running-on-full-speed-power-management-not-working/

Edit: I had a much longer post than that, I'm not sure what happened. I think it was something to do with Tapatalk. There's a few other possibilities. IIRC changing the SMBios will help, so you might want to experiment with that. I ended up having to flash my card with a different manufacturer's vbios in order for osx to detect it correctly. I don't know if you can do that with an Nvidia card or what the process is for that. You can also add g-states to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. Hope that helps.

well i messed up lol its not gpu but instead is my cpu fan. the speed seems like its at 100% and when its idle it shows 99%. take a look at my screenshot below. sorry for the above information.

should i start a new post?

60505d1372804981-cpu-fans-runs-high-spee

Add your hardware specs to your signature like the other poster above.

You probably have CPU power management disabled. Nobody can help you without information about your hardware.

The 9800GTX+ is among the most Hackintosh friendly video cards out there, it should pose no problems. I still have mine.

• 2 weeks later...