Asus Z87-Deluxe & 4770K - A Guide to Mavericks

Gus93

254 posts in this topic

The audio_ALC1150 is an archive file with the original and patched AppleHDA.kexts and a record of the edits performed.  It is not necessary for booting.  What was the boot problem?

Since you have the Z87I Deluxe, WiFi/BT is supported.

I've downloaded the zip files and have been trying to figure out exactly what I need to do to enable wifi and BT on my z87i-itx (BCM4352). Like I said, I'm a little bit new to this, this is my first build, and I've definitely just jumped in the deep end -- a lot of this stuff is over my head.

At a high level, exactly what needs to be done?

As I understand it, I need to:

1. Edit the plist file, which is synonymous with editing the .kext, then install it (how exactly do I do this?)

2. Do something with a DSDT in order to enable it, which involves using the patch files in the .zip download.

Is this correct? Is there somewhere you could point me to fill the gaps in my knowledge here?

My system will only boot in safe mode :(

Without  declaring a Haswell framebuffer, boot hangs.

See http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291614-intel-hd4000-and-haswell-inject-aaplig-platform-id/

Use IntelAzulFB=10

10 = 0300220d

Safe mode disables audio.

I've downloaded the zip files and have been trying to figure out exactly what I need to do to enable wifi and BT on my z87i-itx (BCM4352). Like I said, I'm a little bit new to this, this is my first build, and I've definitely just jumped in the deep end -- a lot of this stuff is over my head.

There are 3 ways to enable BCM4352 WiFi/BT, select one and follow the instructions for that enabler.

Suggest bcm4352.kext.zip.  

Installation

1. Copy Downloads/bcm4352.kext to Desktop

2. Run kext installer

3. Restart

OK?

There are 3 ways to enable BCM4352 WiFi/BT, select one and follow the instructions for that enabler.

Suggest bcm4352.kext.zip.  

Installation

1. Copy Downloads/bcm4352.kext to Desktop

2. Run kext installer

3. Restart

OK?

Oh wow, that sounds a lot simpler. I thought each option, a) B) and c) was required, that they were sequential steps.

I just finished editing the .plist files in the BT and wifi kexts, and was moving on to the DSDT edit. So I don't have to do any of that I guess. Will restore the native ones, and use the method you described.

Also in the readme of that folder, BCM94352 is listed under both bcm4352.kext and toledaARPT.kext. Why is this? I used bcm4352 as you suggested, and it is working fine.

Thank you for all your help.

What's your opinion guys about the 10.9 Mavericks GM? I'm using 10.8.5 on I7 4770K - Asus Deluxe - 32Gb ram 1600FSB - GTX 780 - 120Gb SSD - RAID HDD x 4 . :rolleyes:

I haven't updated to the GM yet, but at least DP 3 seemed to work pretty great for me. Besides some failures of bluetooth kexts and such.

10.9 Gold Master 13A598 using myhack with a little modifications

Extra folder I add FakeSmc and delete nullcpupowermanagment [topic=http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/107-fakesmc-w-haswell-cpu-sensor-for-1089]Download[/topic]

I install all Kext on the USB folder S/L/E manually except audio and graphic card

I install Ermac chameleon bootloader v2.2 r2265 and i select AZUL AAPL ig platform id 0000260C

i run myhack fixer   

In the installer log NO ERROR and I boot directly with out using kernel flag

-GUS93- I purchased a magic-trackpad but doesn't detected by bluetooth as you see in photo so me too I have problems in bluetooth

Without  declaring a Haswell framebuffer, boot hangs.

See http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291614-intel-hd4000-and-haswell-inject-aaplig-platform-id/

Use IntelAzulFB=10

10 = 0300220d

Safe mode disables audio.

That was exactly it! thanks! I knew I was missing something!

Oh btw I managed to enable audio as well with toledo method. First with the applehda injection and it worked right away. not even needed to reboot. the problem was that I followed the Clover method and then at reboot it would hang cause I had to use the framebuffer option set for chameleon, so i Re installed chameleon and then went ahead and patched the original applehda and used the hdaenabler1 (or at reboot it wont enable the sound) renamed hdaenabler.

also I am using the integrated graphic card and to have some kind of acceleration I have to boot with the IGPEnabler=Yes option.

However at startup there is some kind of noise effect (snowy tv noise type of thing)

Also the cpu seems to go only from 800Mhz to 3500Mhz and back to 800. I do have GenerateCStates=Yes and GeneratePStes=yes in the chameleon.boot.plist file.

Oh and the system seems to recognise all the sensors but the fan controllers. fans spin at full speed and in fact I cant see their rpms.

My system is:

i7-4770k

Asus Maximus VI Impact

Integrated GPU intel 4600

Supreme FX Impact Sound sound card.

Bloothooth 4 + WiFi AC combo.

Im posting here because here I found hints on how to get working most of things but i am on 10.8.5 not 10.9

cheers

ok spent about 12 hours today =

z87 deluxe 

1405 bios updated but not patched

Clover Uefi only boots if i de select all options on dsdt... then boot into my old SSD setup for my dead p6t deluxe...

cannot get chameleon to boot at all...

I played around tonight trying to change SLE... got wifi to work but very slow, bluetooth was recognised but couldn't get anything to pair.. no sound etc and thought i was installing the files in this thread correctly...

I could not get an installer to work at all with clover uefi on the same drive on on another USB...

basically stuck and in need of help but midnight so time to give up for the night... 

cannot get chameleon to boot at all...

I played around tonight trying to change SLE... got wifi to work but very slow, bluetooth was recognised but couldn't get anything to pair.. no sound etc and thought i was installing the files in this thread correctly...

I could not get an installer to work at all with clover uefi on the same drive on on another USB...

Z87I-Deluxe, confirm Chameleon 2266 (MBR/Fat32/CSM enabled)) boots on HDMI (DP fails) and Clover 2236 (GPT/HFS+/CSM enabled or disabled).  Did not mention what installer you used or what bootloader worked.  Nothing works properly until the new install boots successfully.

Clover selections: Install for UEFI motherboards/Theme/Drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioDev-64

Z87I-Deluxe, confirm Chameleon 2266 (MBR/Fat32/CSM enabled)) boots on HDMI (DP fails) and Clover 2236 (GPT/HFS+/CSM enabled or disabled).  Did not mention what installer you used or what bootloader worked.  Nothing works properly until the new install boots successfully.

Clover selections: Install for UEFI motherboards/Theme/Drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioDev-64

i have not managed to boot an installer yet... only my old ssd or test drive with 10.8.5 set up for my old p6t deluxe...

only bootloader that has worked was clover uefi and with that cant get an installer to work...

i have not managed to boot an installer yet... only my old ssd or test drive with 10.8.5 set up for my old p6t deluxe...

only bootloader that has worked was clover uefi and with that cant get an installer to work...

It is not possible to help without details. Again; what booter/format? What installer/format?  Did you try the suggestions above?

It is not possible to help without details. Again; what booter/format? What installer/format?  Did you try the suggestions above?

sorry...

i am getting places... posting from a fresh install of Mavericks... used Clover and a mix of efi's 2 members here sent me kindly... 

thats me just gotten wired lan to work and about to try and get bluetooth and wireless to work...

Update -

well only things not working on Mavericks GM now are -

Sound... Now works... 

Bluetooth seems to register but not actually work with bcm4352, It can find any devices. Disabled onboard Bluetooth and using my Trust dongle...

WIFI works perfectly... 

Ethernet works perfect... 

Hi

@scott_donald..

when you have time can you write a small guide..and add your efi...and the efi's they send too?

tks

c.frio

work at a school and have the next week off so plenty of time...

not wanting to finalise everything on my SSD until the real release of Mavericks... lets hope its this week...

plus stil not got working board bluetooth.... hope Toleda can help...

Of course it matters.  IOReg shows Bluetooth is recognized correctly.  Verify your Bluetooth devices are configured properly.

to answer that they must be...

magic mouse and apple keyboard... when i disable on board then add the dongle they work perfectly...

can connect to them(endless search) with onboard bluetooth...

i am not the only one - 'The only issue I have is the Bluetooth it did work with 10.8.5 but not with Mavericks, apart from that WiFi etc all work including' that was when i was asking 'Tony Dickinson' for help as he has the same board fully working... 

• Like 1