• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

jay_phoenix

jay_phoenix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Talking about Audio, try the attachment, don't forget about the permissions and send all gratitude for "toleda".

The attached kext works as long as i don't reboot. after reboot it won't pick up any networks, or bt devices :(

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 958 posts

The attached kext works as long as i don't reboot. after reboot it won't pick up any networks, or bt devices :(

No reboot issues on my system. Permission problem?  Suggest adding the device ids to IO80211Family.kext//AirPortBrcm4360.kext and IOBluetoothFamily.kext//BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport.kext.

NewFuse

NewFuse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi I am looking at getting the Asus Z87I-Pro, looking at the comments posted here, it's likelihood of installing Mavericks with most important items working such as USB 3, and WiFi and Sound is very likely yes? 

truthfulie

truthfulie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Similar question to the post above. I am considering Z87-Expert ATX for near-future Haswell build, is this motherboard similar enough to more higher-end boards mentioned earlier on this thread?

Gus93

Gus93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

I would say that both of those boards would likely work if you are willing to be persistent. However, Mavericks is predicted to officially come out at the end of next month, so you may want to wait?... Also, I haven't been paying much attention, but possibly there is Haswell support in 10.8.5 which just came out

cdnGHOST

cdnGHOST

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

yeah 10.8.5 is haswell supported... 

i got my Asus Maximus VI Impact.. .

any chance this guide will work for me??

Gus93

Gus93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Probably should be pretty similar...

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 958 posts

i got my Asus Maximus VI Impact.. .

any chance this guide will work for me??

jay_the_newb has described his success with the Impact.

I have the Deluxe.  Two issues (endemic to Haswell): 1. SpeedStep is not working (x86PatformPlugin loads, turbo works, no BIOS patch required) and 2. HD4600 HDMI audio.

jay_phoenix

jay_phoenix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

jay_the_newb has described his success with the Impact.
I have the Deluxe. Two issues (endemic to Haswell): 1. SpeedStep is not working (x86PatformPlugin loads, turbo works, no BIOS patch required) and 2. HD4600 HDMI audio.

Actually I totally jumped the gun on that one. At the time everything was working as far as onboard devices, but not booting from hd and I'm pretty sure my CPU isn't being supported properly. It's going to take asus bios update to get this thing to boot on its own I'm sure of it. If you're installing ML voodoo won't work for sound and bcm4532 won't work for bt. Bluetooth transport causing failed boot also under ML
For some reason I'm still getting unsupported CPU when booting in verbose mode
, even though haswell is supposed to be supported under 10.8.5..

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 958 posts

I'm pretty sure my CPU isn't being supported properly. It's going to take asus bios update to get this thing to boot on its own I'm sure of it. If you're installing ML voodoo won't work for sound and bcm4532 won't work for bt. Bluetooth transport causing failed boot also under ML
For some reason I'm still getting unsupported CPU when booting in verbose mode

No BIOS update required; something else is wrong.  I use Clover UEFI, Chameleon works fine.  Unsupported CPU means you are not using a Haswell Board-id (macbookair6,1, imac14,1, etc.) and a Haswell custom ssdt.  Bluetooth suspend error (actually status) does not prevent boot, usually a graphics problem.  I have 1150 audio working, no Voodoo.  WiFi/BT works.  Updated the bcm4352.kext  attached previously, see if anything changes.

jay_phoenix

jay_phoenix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

No BIOS update required; something else is wrong.  I use Clover UEFI, Chameleon works fine.  Unsupported CPU means you are not using a Haswell Board-id (macbookair6,1, imac14,1, etc.) and a Haswell custom ssdt.  Bluetooth suspend error (actually status) does not prevent boot, usually a graphics problem.  I have 1150 audio working, no Voodoo.  WiFi/BT works.  Updated the bcm4352.kext  attached previously, see if anything changes.

you were right about the bluetooth...installed a graphics card and it booted.Still won't boot from HD.How do i make a haswell custom ssdt? or where can i get one?? sorry for the noob questions.how did you get the 1150 working.I could only get it working via voodoo under mavericks.can you please link the updated 4532 kext please? for some reason i can't even install clover UEFI...says install failed. Tried installing ML as MBR and GUID--same result. I think asus bios for this board has bug. most likely will have to wait for bios update to be able to boot from HD:(

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 958 posts

Tried installing ML as MBR and GUID--same result. I think asus bios for this board has bug. most likely will have to wait for bios update to be able to boot from HD:(

ML has to be 10.8.5 to support Haswell.  GUID works fine on Asus 8 series for the installer as well as the install.  Use snatch's install guide posted on this thread.  Regarding Clover, you must select for UEFI motherboards.  Chameleon v2262+ supports user slected Haswell frambuffers.

jay_phoenix

jay_phoenix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

ML has to be 10.8.5 to support Haswell.  GUID works fine on Asus 8 series for the installer as well as the install.  Use snatch's install guide posted on this thread.  Regarding Clover, you must select for UEFI motherboards.  Chameleon v2262+ supports user slected Haswell frambuffers.

THank you Toleda. I appreciate your help. Finally got it to boot on its own, used a MBR patch on usb installer and removed some boot security settings in bios..I tried clover UEFI but all i got was a purple screen that loops.Chameleon is working now though !!! yay!!!

tonydickinson

tonydickinson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 189 posts
I hope not OT as I am using 10.8.5 not Maverics (yet).

But thanks to Toleda and all for your input here and I have o/b WiFi and Blutooth working very well - first time ever i can wake up my hack using the Trackpad. I use a wired Ethernet connection normally, but nice to see o/b WiFi working with 2.4Ghz. I cannot get the o/b audio to work but not an issue for me as I use an USB DAC anyway. I have not tried Voodoo. Thanks to Toleda and Vasko Tsintsevfor the WiFi patches

I am booting with latest versions of Clover, with a PikeRAlpha Haswell SSDT and get good speedstepping, although with the normal known Haswell issues with a big gap.

Currently I am using a home made DSDT although with Clover and DSDT/kext patching it works fine and I only need the DSDT to provide charging for my iPad etc, as using Clovers patching cannot get USB3 charging to work. . Question to Toleda - are there any MacIASL fixes yet for Haswell builds as I cannot find any?

But I am very happy with this MB, the only disappointment is expectations, I understood that the nvram saving issue was confined to Z77 MB, but using Clover OS nvram is not saved requiring the use of EmuVariableUefi-64.efi .

Thanks to all for your input(s).

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 958 posts

I cannot get the o/b audio to work but not an issue for me as I use an USB DAC anyway. 

Question to Toleda - are there any MacIASL fixes yet for Haswell builds as I cannot find any?

An ALC1150 AppleHDA.kext will be available for testing soon.  On 8 series dsdt fixes, nothing yet.  I am only seeing a couple return syntax problems to date.

jsl

jsl

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

An ALC1150 AppleHDA.kext will be available for testing soon.  On 8 series dsdt fixes, nothing yet.  I am only seeing a couple return syntax problems to date.

I'm eagerly waiting for your patched AppleHDA.kext for ALC1150(actually 900).

By the way I have suffered from two issues related to dual booting of Windows 7/8 and Mac OSX 10.9/10.8.5:

After logout from Mac OSX and login Windows 7 or 8, always loss of onboard WiFi 802.11ac/n/g/b/a functions in Windows 7 or 8.

The only way to regain WiFi function is changing physical RAM size by removal of one DDR3 ram then rebooting.

Since the beginning there is no way for 32-bit Windows 7 or 8 to correctly identify its RAM size.

It always gets either 1.2GB (disable IGPU) or 833MB (enable IGPU).

However it's correct in 64-bit Windows 7 or 8 as well as in BIOS.

These problems still bother me a lot up to now in Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual MB plus Nvidia GTX 780 card.

rgb

rgb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Z87 pro users, i need help with this issue

Pls help

http://www.insanelym...ng-sample-cpus/

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,708 posts
if you need AppleHDA for ALC1150 can try
I edited the kext!

jsl

jsl

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

if you need AppleHDA for ALC1150 can try
I edited the kext!

Thanks and this new 2.2 version working for Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual MB now.

The next step I'll try to activate HDMI audio from both Intel HD 4600 and Nvidia GTX 780 dispaly cards.

jay_phoenix

jay_phoenix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Thanks and this new 2.2 version working for Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual MB now.

The next step I'll try to activate HDMI audio from both Intel HD 4600 and Nvidia GTX 780 dispaly cards.

new chimera is supposed to work for that

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haswell, asus z87-deluxe, mavericks, installer, guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy