Asus Z87-Deluxe & 4770K - A Guide to Mavericks

Gus93

254 posts in this topic

No BIOS update required; something else is wrong.  I use Clover UEFI, Chameleon works fine.  Unsupported CPU means you are not using a Haswell Board-id (macbookair6,1, imac14,1, etc.) and a Haswell custom ssdt.  Bluetooth suspend error (actually status) does not prevent boot, usually a graphics problem.  I have 1150 audio working, no Voodoo.  WiFi/BT works.  Updated the bcm4352.kext  attached previously, see if anything changes.

you were right about the bluetooth...installed a graphics card and it booted.Still won't boot from HD.How do i make a haswell custom ssdt? or where can i get one?? sorry for the noob questions.how did you get the 1150 working.I could only get it working via voodoo under mavericks.can you please link the updated 4532 kext please? for some reason i can't even install clover UEFI...says install failed. Tried installing ML as MBR and GUID--same result. I think asus bios for this board has bug. most likely will have to wait for bios update to be able to boot from HD:(

Tried installing ML as MBR and GUID--same result. I think asus bios for this board has bug. most likely will have to wait for bios update to be able to boot from HD:(

ML has to be 10.8.5 to support Haswell.  GUID works fine on Asus 8 series for the installer as well as the install.  Use snatch's install guide posted on this thread.  Regarding Clover, you must select for UEFI motherboards.  Chameleon v2262+ supports user slected Haswell frambuffers.

ML has to be 10.8.5 to support Haswell.  GUID works fine on Asus 8 series for the installer as well as the install.  Use snatch's install guide posted on this thread.  Regarding Clover, you must select for UEFI motherboards.  Chameleon v2262+ supports user slected Haswell frambuffers.

THank you Toleda. I appreciate your help. Finally got it to boot on its own, used a MBR patch on usb installer and removed some boot security settings in bios..I tried clover UEFI but all i got was a purple screen that loops.Chameleon is working now though !!! yay!!!

• Like 1

I hope not OT as I am using 10.8.5 not Maverics (yet).

But thanks to Toleda and all for your input here and I have o/b WiFi and Blutooth working very well - first time ever i can wake up my hack using the Trackpad. I use a wired Ethernet connection normally, but nice to see o/b WiFi working with 2.4Ghz. I cannot get the o/b audio to work but not an issue for me as I use an USB DAC anyway. I have not tried Voodoo. Thanks to Toleda and Vasko Tsintsevfor the WiFi patches

I am booting with latest versions of Clover, with a PikeRAlpha Haswell SSDT and get good speedstepping, although with the normal known Haswell issues with a big gap.

Currently I am using a home made DSDT although with Clover and DSDT/kext patching it works fine and I only need the DSDT to provide charging for my iPad etc, as using Clovers patching cannot get USB3 charging to work. . Question to Toleda - are there any MacIASL fixes yet for Haswell builds as I cannot find any?

But I am very happy with this MB, the only disappointment is expectations, I understood that the nvram saving issue was confined to Z77 MB, but using Clover OS nvram is not saved requiring the use of EmuVariableUefi-64.efi .

Thanks to all for your input(s).

I cannot get the o/b audio to work but not an issue for me as I use an USB DAC anyway. 

Question to Toleda - are there any MacIASL fixes yet for Haswell builds as I cannot find any?

An ALC1150 AppleHDA.kext will be available for testing soon.  On 8 series dsdt fixes, nothing yet.  I am only seeing a couple return syntax problems to date.

• Like 2

An ALC1150 AppleHDA.kext will be available for testing soon.  On 8 series dsdt fixes, nothing yet.  I am only seeing a couple return syntax problems to date.

I'm eagerly waiting for your patched AppleHDA.kext for ALC1150(actually 900).

By the way I have suffered from two issues related to dual booting of Windows 7/8 and Mac OSX 10.9/10.8.5:

After logout from Mac OSX and login Windows 7 or 8, always loss of onboard WiFi 802.11ac/n/g/b/a functions in Windows 7 or 8.

The only way to regain WiFi function is changing physical RAM size by removal of one DDR3 ram then rebooting.

Since the beginning there is no way for 32-bit Windows 7 or 8 to correctly identify its RAM size.

It always gets either 1.2GB (disable IGPU) or 833MB (enable IGPU).

However it's correct in 64-bit Windows 7 or 8 as well as in BIOS.

These problems still bother me a lot up to now in Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual MB plus Nvidia GTX 780 card.

Z87I-Deluxe, no BIOS patching required (tested on 0403 and 0702); Console/kernel[0]: XCPM: registered. For Asus 802.11ac WiFi and BT, install the attached kext in S/L/E.  What audio codec?

9/21/13 - Updated bcm4352.kext

Hi Toleda - your bcm4352.kext.zip works well here.

On my board the WIFI is supposed to work in both 2.4 & 5GHz bands, seems fine with 2.4 but no 5GH. Any ideas?

Tks.

Software Versions:
  CoreWLAN:	3.4 (340.18)
  CoreWLANKit:	2.0.2 (202.11)
  Menu Extra:	8.1 (810.11)
  configd plug-in:	8.5 (850.252)
  System Information:	8.3 (830.5)
  IO80211 Family:	5.3 (530.5)
  Diagnostics:	2.1 (210.25)
  AirPort Utility:	6.3.1 (631.4)
  Interfaces:
en1:
  Card Type:	Third-Party Wireless Card
  MAC Address:	24:0a:64:49:45:6b
  Supported PHY Modes:	802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
  Supported Channels:	1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
  Wake On Wireless:	Supported
  AirDrop:	Supported

I'm eagerly waiting for your patched AppleHDA.kext for ALC1150(actually 900).

By the way I have suffered from two issues related to dual booting of Windows 7/8 and Mac OSX 10.9/10.8.5:

After logout from Mac OSX and login Windows 7 or 8, always loss of onboard WiFi 802.11ac/n/g/b/a functions in Windows 7 or 8.

The only way to regain WiFi function is changing physical RAM size by removal of one DDR3 ram then rebooting.

Since the beginning there is no way for 32-bit Windows 7 or 8 to correctly identify its RAM size.

It always gets either 1.2GB (disable IGPU) or 833MB (enable IGPU).

However it's correct in 64-bit Windows 7 or 8 as well as in BIOS.

These problems still bother me a lot up to now in Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual MB plus Nvidia GTX 780 card.

#1 - I have the same issue with the WiFi card, my solution is to completely shutdown and unplug the PC from the AC power , and turn it ON again after about a minute.

#2 - If your RAM is above 4Gb you have to use 64bit versions of Windows, read this: link

THank you Toleda. I appreciate your help. Finally got it to boot on its own, used a MBR patch on usb installer and removed some boot security settings in bios..I tried clover UEFI but all i got was a purple screen that loops.Chameleon is working now though !!! yay!!!

I've clearly done something wrong from the start here! I have a Asus z87 Deluxe Dual with 4770k and have so far just built the machine, used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install and have a working OSX 10.8.5, still booting off of USB, but nothing else so far. No bios changes, kexts or any other settings applied. It's limping along in this state, but I desperately need to be making the right decisions on moving forward. I know this is an irritating noob question, but have I done everything right so far? Should I start an install from scratch using another method before I go any deeper?

Any support very greatfully received. I'm meant to be editing on Monday and at this rate I'll be putting my Z77 back together on Sunday!

Thanks

On my board the WIFI is supposed to work in both 2.4 & 5GHz bands, seems fine with 2.4 but no 5GH. Any ideas?

Tks.

Software Versions:
  CoreWLAN:	3.4 (340.18)
  CoreWLANKit:	2.0.2 (202.11)
  Menu Extra:	8.1 (810.11)
  configd plug-in:	8.5 (850.252)
  System Information:	8.3 (830.5)
  IO80211 Family:	5.3 (530.5)
  Diagnostics:	2.1 (210.25)
  AirPort Utility:	6.3.1 (631.4)
  Interfaces:
en1:
  Card Type:	Third-Party Wireless Card
  MAC Address:	24:0a:64:49:45:6b
  Supported PHY Modes:	802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
  Supported Channels:	1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
  Wake On Wireless:	Supported
  AirDrop:	Supported

if you need AppleHDA for ALC1150 can try
I edited the kext!

Tks.

Hi there. I've just installed 10.8.5 on a Z87I-Deluxe board. It boots up fine, ethernet works, but I don't have sound or BT or wifi yet? Just to clarify, will both of these fixes work with ML or do they only work with Mavericks DP?

Also, I'm still a little new to this -- would I download the attached files and simply dump them into System/Library/Extensions? Or how exactly do I apply them to my system?

Thanks if advance for your help.

Also, I'm still a little new to this -- would I download the attached files and simply dump them into System/Library/Extensions? Or how exactly do I apply them to my system?

Thanks if advance for your help.

To install additional extensions I would use the program, Kext Wizard.

Tks.

I have the same issue, not solved.

Hi there. I've just installed 10.8.5 on a Z87I-Deluxe board. It boots up fine, ethernet works, but I don't have sound or BT or wifi yet? Just to clarify, will both of these fixes work with ML or do they only work with Mavericks DP?

For 10.8.5 1150 audio, see Mountain Lion Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio - OSx86 10.8 (Mountain Lion) - InsanelyMac Forum

For 10.8.5 HDMI and/or DP audio, see Mountain Lion Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio - OSx86 10.8 (Mountain Lion) - InsanelyMac Forum

For Airport/BCM4352 kext or dsdt enablers, see toleda/airport_pcie-hm · GitHub.

I have the same issue, not solved.

For 10.8.5 1150 audio, see Mountain Lion Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio - OSx86 10.8 (Mountain Lion) - InsanelyMac Forum

For 10.8.5 HDMI and/or DP audio, see Mountain Lion Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio - OSx86 10.8 (Mountain Lion) - InsanelyMac Forum

For Airport/BCM4352 kext or dsdt enablers, see toleda/airport_pcie-hm · GitHub.

I just swapped out my motherboard (z87i-deluxe for h87i-plus), so I already have a patched appleHDA.kext. I understand I need to get the native one back again to install the 1150 patch. How exactly do I do this? The guide mentioned the combo update -- I'm already at the latest version of OS X, however. Is there anywhere I can just download the original kext and replace it?

And I'm still a little confused how to install the new kext - I'm pretty new to the world of Hackintosh. Can I use the utility listed directly above? Or can I just run the script included in the download, and everything will be OK? Or are there other other things I need to do -- something in the guide about 4 possible techniques for enabling the kext?

I just swapped out my motherboard (z87i-deluxe for h87i-plus), so I already have a patched appleHDA.kext. I understand I need to get the native one back again to install the 1150 patch. How exactly do I do this? The guide mentioned the combo update -- I'm already at the latest version of OS X, 

The instructions do not apply to the H87I-Plus; it has the 887 codec and doesn't have BCM4352 WiFi.

For 10.8.5 887_v100302 audio, see Mountain Lion Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio - OSx86 10.8 (Mountain Lion) - InsanelyMac Forum

The script patches the installed AppleHDA.kext (patch in place).  The Combo Update installs the native AppleHDA.kext over whatever is there; no need to look for a posted native kext.

Regarding the audio enabler, use Audio ID: 1 for motherboard labeled 3 port audio (2 inputs, 1 output). Use Audio ID: 2 for 5.1 Analog (3 outputs).  Any enabler is fine, suggest the ssdt.

For WiFI, download http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/, reply with the a screenshot of PCI List.

The instructions do not apply to the H87I-Plus; it has the 887 codec and doesn't have BCM4352 WiFi.

For 10.8.5 887_v100302 audio, see Mountain Lion Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio - OSx86 10.8 (Mountain Lion) - InsanelyMac Forum

The script patches the installed AppleHDA.kext (patch in place).  The Combo Update installs the native AppleHDA.kext over whatever is there; no need to look for a posted native kext.

Regarding the audio enabler, use Audio ID: 1 for motherboard labeled 3 port audio (2 inputs, 1 output). Use Audio ID: 2 for 5.1 Analog (3 outputs).  Any enabler is fine, suggest the ssdt.

For WiFI, download http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/, reply with the a screenshot of PCI List.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I am no longer using the H87 board. I replaced it with the Z87 board.

So, if I understand you correctly, I've got to:

1. Install combo update

2. Run the script

3. Run an audio enabler.

What exactly is the ssdt? I do not currently have a DSDT installed, as far as I know.

Thanks for your help!

3. Run an audio enabler.

What exactly is the ssdt? I do not currently have a DSDT installed, as far as I know.

3. Install an enabler, instructions (README) provided for audio_kext_enabler or audio_ssdt_enabler

The  ssdt edits the native dsdt/HDEF during boot and is installed in Extra.

3. Install an enabler, instructions (README) provided for audio_kext_enabler or audio_ssdt_enabler

The  ssdt edits the native dsdt/HDEF during boot and is installed in Extra.

It worked! Thanks for your patience. One final question: it put a file audio_ALC1150 onto my desktop. I assumed it was a remnant of the installation, so I removed it (after copying it somewhere else just to be safe). I found that after this, I wasn't able to boot up normally. So, I guess I have to leave this file on my desktop?

For Wifi, I downloaded the program, here is the screenshot:

post-1219418-0-77002900-1380762388_thumb.png

It worked! I found that after this, I wasn't able to boot up normally.

For Wifi, I downloaded the program, here is the screenshot:

The audio_ALC1150 is an archive file with the original and patched AppleHDA.kexts and a record of the edits performed.  It is not necessary for booting.  What was the boot problem?

Since you have the Z87I Deluxe, WiFi/BT is supported.

The audio_ALC1150 is an archive file with the original and patched AppleHDA.kexts and a record of the edits performed.  It is not necessary for booting.  What was the boot problem?

Since you have the Z87I Deluxe, WiFi/BT is supported.

Hmmm. It could just be a coincidence, but after I deleted the file, it froze on boot with the last line being:

"HDA Enabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga"

Then it would just say "Still waiting for root device."

I tried booting a couple times more, but it just kept hanging at that place.

So I copied the file back to the Desktop after booting into safe mode, restarted, and it booted just fine.

Hi guys I've been following this topic since the beginning. I have a Asus Maximus Impact with i7-4770K and using the integrated graphic card(I was trying to install Mavericks but that didn't go well. I am trying my luck with 10.8.5 now).

My system will only boot in safe mode :(

I managed to Have bluetooth, wifi, and ethernet working thanks to toleda's files.

I have had no luck with audio yet. I installed "AppleHDA for ALC1150 UPDATE (TEST) 2.2" by Mirone with his HDAEnabler since it seems others with the same motherboard have had success. I have intel high definition audio (audio ID=1) in system report....

Anyways whenever I try to boot without the -x option the system won't completely boot. it gets to a point where it says :

[iOBluetoothhostControllerUSBTransposort][interruptReadHandler] timed out or something and it tries again and again till the point that it stops and won't go on anymore. It's not kernel panic. I can even type with the keyboard although nothing happens. It's not a shell.

i also see the following things that fail: "kIOUSBHighSpeedSplitError " and "Sound assertion command/Response Timed out."

Other than that There is a fatal error on SuperIODevice ITE Sequence which seems to be the sensors.

nevertheless the system seems to continue the boot process despite those errors till it hangs I guess doing nothing

other "weirdness" is 3D graphics. whenever I opens Safari and its 3d view there is some flickering but I don't know if thats because in safe mode maybe hardware acceleration is not enabled... never had the chance to try out with normal boot. Oh and when I open Activity monitor and check memory usage, there is 15GB out of 16GB of wired memory used. So I have only 1GB free :D :D

Anyways when booting in safe mode sensors seem to work (beside fans rpm), bluetooth and usb work as well. so those error messages listed above don't really help me figure out why it wont boot. Maybe somebody here has fixed this kind of issues already   ;) I have the feeling I am missing something really obvious...