Asus Z87-Deluxe & 4770K - A Guide to Mavericks

Gus93

254 posts in this topic

Thanks for your information and help which made my Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual working in Mavericks 10.9 DP1-->DP 3.

However there are several items need more help here :

1. Have your Intel HD 4600 (internal graphic card) working with CI/QE enabled at resolution of 1920x1080 or more ?

2. Have your ALC 900 or 1150 HD Audio working by your DSDT.aml ?

3. Up to now I can get PCIe Nvidia GTX 780 card working only without Intel HD 4600 enabled, and need VooDooHDA 2.8.4 for audio.

4. I can not find Device (IGPU), Device (GFX0), or Device (HDAU) in your DSDT which are required for HDMI audio working.

Do you have any comment or advice for me ?

Thanks again !

In order to boot in this Asus Z87 Deluxe or Deluxe Dual MB, both USB flash and installed HDD should be formated in MBR instead of GPT.

Thanks...I know this is a newbie question, but how can I get the OSX installer to continue if my HDD is formatted as MBR?  I format the USB flash with MBR with no problem but the installer on my Hackintosh Asus DD forces me to change it to MBR.

Besides that major issue, I've been able to get through the full install (with HDD formatted as GUID) but at the end of the install, I ALWAYS get an internal fatal error where I cannot recover.  My system will show me the very long error long, but when i restart my system, I'm just taken to my bios welcome screen.

Thanks...I know this is a newbie question, but how can I get the OSX installer to continue if my HDD is formatted as MBR?  I format the USB flash with MBR with no problem but the installer on my Hackintosh Asus DD forces me to change it to MBR.

Besides that major issue, I've been able to get through the full install (with HDD formatted as GUID) but at the end of the install, I ALWAYS get an internal fatal error where I cannot recover.  My system will show me the very long error long, but when i restart my system, I'm just taken to my bios welcome screen.

Are you using the installer from the beginning of my tutorial? If you use that installer then you should not have issues with MBR. If you try that installer and still have issues, update me and I will find you the right one.

No because I cannot get to the installer using those instructions; I've been using myHack (and it's pretty much the only one that's worked).

In that case there should be a place during the myHack USB creation process where you select MBR:

"Posted on 

2013/06/11

by Conti

This has taken a lot longer than I anticipated to actually release. I have not had the time, energy or financial resources to dedicate more time to this project than a day here or there for many months. There are still more changes planned for the 3.2 milestone and I like to avoid releasing minor builds or revisions these days but in this case it is quite justified due to this years WWDC and the release of the 10.9 developer preview.

The download is available on the guide page.

Changelog:

• Bugfix: Fixed “user canceled exiting error”.
  • Bugfix: Fixed (and improved) dialog icons.
  • Made MBR Patch optional (yes/no dialog)."

From MyHack Installation Page

• 3 weeks later...

In that case there should be a place during the myHack USB creation process where you select MBR:

"Posted on 

2013/06/11

by Conti

This has taken a lot longer than I anticipated to actually release. I have not had the time, energy or financial resources to dedicate more time to this project than a day here or there for many months. There are still more changes planned for the 3.2 milestone and I like to avoid releasing minor builds or revisions these days but in this case it is quite justified due to this years WWDC and the release of the 10.9 developer preview.

The download is available on the guide page.

Changelog:

• Bugfix: Fixed “user canceled exiting error”.
  • Bugfix: Fixed (and improved) dialog icons.
  • Made MBR Patch optional (yes/no dialog)."

From MyHack Installation Page

Okay now I've had a little time to give a couple things a try.  I'm using Christ111's installer and once I used the following flags: -v PCIRootUID=0 cpus=1 I was able to get into the installer.  I partitioned my SSD HD drive to MBR through Disk Utility on the installer USB, as recommended, and sadly, I keep getting this error message.

"To install on this disk, open Disk Utility by choosing Utilities > Disk Utility, and repartition this disk using "GUID Partition Table." Important: you will lose all data on this disk by repartitioning it."

I'm not sure where to go from here, as I have no options to continue, if my HD is MBR.  Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated...sad that I cannot get this beautiful new computer working with OSX Maverick.

Okay major update so here it goes:

I've tried almost everything to get Mac OSX Maverick on my Asus Z87 Deluxe/Dual and I don't know where to go from here.  I followed the following manuals to the letter...yes I've done that many installs and re-installs: Gus's manual for his Z87 Deluxe, Rockiron's vanilla install instructions (see insanelymac guides), and I've installed via myHack and I cannot get any of the installs to boot with my HDD; even after following all of the post-install recommendations.  

I know my biggest issue is that during all of the above installs, I do not have the option to choose MBR as a format option.  OSX Installer ONLY allows me to continue my install with a GUID partition (no matter what option above).

Based on various recommendations, I even went to the great length of continuing to install on my Hackintosh with a GUID partition and using my MacBook Pro to format a separate hard drive as MBR and copy all of the files from the prior install on the MBR drive...again to no avail.

I'm not sure how individual's are getting past the MBR issue or how they got their systems working, but if someone could spare some time to help that would be great.

Best,

CW

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys , I'm new to this and haven't attempted a hack since my i7-970-WHICH is STILL a BEAST getting geeekbench  3 scores of 18,469 @ 4.08ghz.WOOOT, however I'm not here to gloat.I also have an asus impact ROG itx board I'm trying to hack and have a question

is it absolutely necessary to flash the bios? Ive been able to boot and install without any issues aside from the fact that i still need the USB to do it after install

So far everything is working except audio...and well BT and WIFI...so pretty much nothing is working cept lan OOB

is it absolutely necessary to flash the bios? Ive been able to boot and install without any issues aside from the fact that i still need the USB to do it after install

So far everything is working except audio...and well BT and WIFI...so pretty much nothing is working cept lan OOB

Z87I-Deluxe, no BIOS patching required (tested on 0403 and 0702); Console/kernel[0]: XCPM: registered. For Asus 802.11ac WiFi and BT, install the attached kext in S/L/E.  What audio codec?

9/21/13 - Updated bcm4352.kext 

bcm4352.kext.zip

• Like 1

Z87I-Deluxe, no BIOS patching required (tested on 0403 and 0702); Console/kernel[0]: XCPM: registered.  For Asus 802.11ac WiFi and BT, install the attached kext in S/L/E.  What audio codec?

Alc 1150 codec is 900 i believe..I installed the kext attached and wifi works but no  bluetooth:(

Alc 1150 codec is 900 i believe..I installed the kext attached and wifi works but no  bluetooth:(

By the way my build is Rampage VI impact 

Gtx 660ti

The attached kext works as long as i don't reboot. after reboot it won't pick up any networks, or bt devices :(

No reboot issues on my system. Permission problem?  Suggest adding the device ids to IO80211Family.kext//AirPortBrcm4360.kext and IOBluetoothFamily.kext//BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport.kext.

I would say that both of those boards would likely work if you are willing to be persistent. However, Mavericks is predicted to officially come out at the end of next month, so you may want to wait?... Also, I haven't been paying much attention, but possibly there is Haswell support in 10.8.5 which just came out

i got my Asus Maximus VI Impact.. .

any chance this guide will work for me??

jay_the_newb has described his success with the Impact.

I have the Deluxe.  Two issues (endemic to Haswell): 1. SpeedStep is not working (x86PatformPlugin loads, turbo works, no BIOS patch required) and 2. HD4600 HDMI audio.

• Like 1

jay_the_newb has described his success with the Impact.

I have the Deluxe. Two issues (endemic to Haswell): 1. SpeedStep is not working (x86PatformPlugin loads, turbo works, no BIOS patch required) and 2. HD4600 HDMI audio.

Actually I totally jumped the gun on that one. At the time everything was working as far as onboard devices, but not booting from hd and I'm pretty sure my CPU isn't being supported properly. It's going to take asus bios update to get this thing to boot on its own I'm sure of it. If you're installing ML voodoo won't work for sound and bcm4532 won't work for bt. Bluetooth transport causing failed boot also under ML

For some reason I'm still getting unsupported CPU when booting in verbose mode

, even though haswell is supposed to be supported under 10.8.5..

I'm pretty sure my CPU isn't being supported properly. It's going to take asus bios update to get this thing to boot on its own I'm sure of it. If you're installing ML voodoo won't work for sound and bcm4532 won't work for bt. Bluetooth transport causing failed boot also under ML

For some reason I'm still getting unsupported CPU when booting in verbose mode

No BIOS update required; something else is wrong.  I use Clover UEFI, Chameleon works fine.  Unsupported CPU means you are not using a Haswell Board-id (macbookair6,1, imac14,1, etc.) and a Haswell custom ssdt.  Bluetooth suspend error (actually status) does not prevent boot, usually a graphics problem.  I have 1150 audio working, no Voodoo.  WiFi/BT works.  Updated the bcm4352.kext  attached previously, see if anything changes.