Asus Z87-Deluxe & 4770K - A Guide to Mavericks

Gus93

254 posts in this topic

interesting... i haven't really been following this board but still getting replies...

Awesome continued work from Toleda...

My drive still works with 10.9.2 with clover 2283 and usb audio, using the RealtekRTL8111.kext for wired internet... Bluetooth works with the windows pair them reboot and pair in OSX even with my windows drive isn't attached currently...

What surprises me there isn't a full guide on how to do it yet... i am about to move house and when i do was planning on reformatting my SSD and then re installing... going to have to properly re leaner how to do everything... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have the Asus z87i-deluxe (same board as Toleda) with a Haswell 4770 (non-k) processor. I pretty much have everything working with Mavericks and Clover except I haven't be able to get sleep working properly. I have a problem similar to the one posted here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296650-h87i-plus-sleep-reboot-problems/

in that my machine will shut down but then wake almost immediately...then sleep, then wake, then sleep, then reboot. I've installed a DSDT that has been patched with Toleda's 8-compile-clean patch and removing the lines indicated in the post above but it still does the same. I've tried numerous permutations of the BIOS configuration to no avail. I have only the FakeSMC.kext installed in addition to the required drivers for ethernet/bluetooth/audio. 

What I do know is that pmset -g and pmset -g assertions seem to indicate the mds.store, aps, UserAgentEvent, etc. are preventing the sleep (with a sleep failure code of 0x1f006700).

Does anyone have sleep actually working with this motherboard (BIOS rev 1003) and Clover? If so, could you provide the BIOS settings and/or give some hints on what kexts/patches are required? I've got Clover generating C-/P- states (or in various combinations without), an SSDT generated from ssdprgen (MacIASL), and, based on what I've read, the AICPM kext isn't really relevant for for Haswell PM but is, instead, managed via Xnu CPM.

Thanks!

Does anyone have sleep actually working with this motherboard (BIOS rev 1003) and Clover?

Yes, full disclosure, BIOS 0804/Clover 2636.

The sleep fix linked above is the fix for the reboot after sleep problem.  The Clover/dsdt patch for sleep is noted below.  For Haswell Power Management,  I use the ssdt generated for my CPU with Pike's script: Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh.  The only Clover/PM settings are the 2 CPU Drop Tables as shown below.

AICPUPMI report/4770K stock/10.9.2: Mar 17 19:59:27 kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 (39) ] iGPU P-States [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 (16) 18 19 20 21 23 24 25 ]

config.plist - sleep and PM

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Patches</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>Asus/dsdt/sleep fix </string>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					DAwAAIBcLl9TQl9QSU5YXC5fU0JfSVNNSQqQcA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					</data>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
		<key>DropTables</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>SSDT</string>
				<key>TableId</key>
				<string>CpuPm</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>SSDT</string>
				<key>TableId</key>
				<string>Cpu0Ist</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>

post-618506-0-33826200-1395690168_thumb.png

• Like 2

Thanks, Toleda. That seems to have done the trick even with the 1003 BIOS. I'm not certain if it's the table dropping or the "on-the-fly" patching that remove of the two lines as indicated in the reference in my original post. I didn't explicitly use Pike's script in this case but, instead, use the SSDT generated bundled with MacIASL. Presumably, it does the same thing.

My hats off to you!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding Bluetooth, i have connect my android phone. I can send a file from my Hackinthosh to phone. 

that's all. I was expecting to stream music to mac. 

Is this normal ?

" Chipset: 20702A3

Firmware Version: v14 c5446

Bluetooth Power: On

Discoverable: Off

Connectable: Yes

Auto Seek Keyboard: On

Auto Seek Pointing: On

Remote wake: On

Vendor ID: 0x0B05

Product ID: 0x17CF

HCI Version: 0x6

HCI Revision: 0x1546

LMP Version: 0x6

LMP Subversion: 0x220E

Device Type (Major): Computer

Device Type (Complete): Mac Desktop

Composite Class Of Device: 0x380104

Device Class (Major): 0x01

Device Class (Minor): 0x01

Service Class: 0x1C0"

"

"Major Type: Smartphone

Minor Type: Phone

Services: OBEX Object Push, OBEX Phonebook Access Server, MAP EMAIL, AV Remote Control Target, Headset Gateway, Tethering Control Channel Protocol, AAS, MAP SMS/MMS, Android Network Access Point, Advanced Audio, Handsfree Gateway

Paired: Yes

Configured: Yes

Connected: No

Manufacturer: Unknown (0x6, 0x7D3)

Firmware Version: 0x0010

Vendor ID: 0x0FCE

Product ID: 0x019E

Class of Device: 0x02 0x03 0x5A020C

EDR Supported: Yes

eSCO Supported: Yes

SSP Supported: Yes"

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

hello guys how is it going.

I was on mountain lion and my system was just fine but now i decided to try out mavericks 10.9.2. 

I installed with myhack. I have wifi working but i can only boot in safe mode. I had the same problem when installed mountain lion and fixed this by adding this to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file

<key>InjectIntel-ig</key>
<string>0300220d</string>
<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>10</string>	

I tried the same fix this time but it didn't help. Also If i try to boot (no safe mode) with graphicsenalber=yes my screen turns off (sleep mode) but boots seems to go little farther... anyways it stucks.

Here is my system:

i7-4770k

Asus Maximus Impact z87 mini itx

ssd smasung pro 128GB

Intel Graphics 4600 (integrated haswell graphic card)

I am using a hdmi cable. Only alternative is minidisplayport which i dont have on my screen...

Here is the option im trying to boot with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>InjectIntel-ig</key>
	<string>0300220d</string>
	<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
	<string>10</string>	
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Instant Menu</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

hello guys how is it going.

I was on mountain lion and my system was just fine but now i decided to try out mavericks 10.9.2. 

I installed with myhack. I have wifi working but i can only boot in safe mode. I had the same problem when installed mountain lion and fixed this by adding this to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file

I tried the same fix this time but it didn't help. Also If i try to boot (no safe mode) with graphicsenalber=yes my screen turns off (sleep mode) but boots seems to go little farther... anyways it stucks.

Here is my system:

i7-4770k

Asus Maximus Impact z87 mini itx

ssd smasung pro 128GB

Intel Graphics 4600 (integrated haswell graphic card)

I am using a hdmi cable. Only alternative is minidisplayport which i dont have on my screen...

Here is the option im trying to boot with:

try UseKernelCache=No

10.9.2 security update doesnt like MKEXT on similar system

try SSDT gen script 2 cuz its better n eazy info in thread sumwhere

• 1 month later...

Has anyone updated to 10.9.4? I had ethernet, wifi, bluetooth, and audio working at 10.9.1, then after update lost it all except ethernet. Got audio working again using HDAEnabler1.kext, but still no wifi/bluetooth.

i am at 10.9.4 on the z87 build and using clover to inject... i have never had sound working properly so use a usb sound... everything else works... 

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifbcm4352.kext.zip

Thanks,  interesting the WiFi card has no description.  Regarding WiFi and BT patches, try the attached kext; it injects the same information you are patching without editing the kexts.  It is appropriate for Asus Haswell native Superfast 802.11ac Wi-Fi.

attachicon.gifbcm4352.kext.zip

Deu certo usando o Kext.B_e_a_s_t]. (Portuguese BR)

It worked using Kext.B_e_a_s_t.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yosemite Handoff & bcm4352.kext

EDIT: I have taken the advice of Skvo over at appellate.ru and I will get the Broadcom BCM94360CD plus a PCIe mini to PCIe adapter and use that for BT & WiFi as googling indicates its fully compatible with OS X Yosemite without the need for kext patching.

cant get it to boot with out it on asus z87 deluxe

Try F12: boot list (if you don't see your 1T HD on the list,  it is secure boot option problem)

try play around with these settings (Csm and Secure boot)

Secure Boot favour  WIN8.1 HD,  they call it windows boot manager (windows EFI)

it use feature of win81 with MB (like kext cache of OSX),   it let win81 boot to desktop in under 10 Seconds.

if you are also using  windows 8.1   should  try UEFI setting,  and use win81 as starting disk,  f12 to boot OSX.

UEFI is a very loose standard,   different MB,  different settings, need trial  & error method.

• 2 weeks later...