FixEDID V2.3.2, Application to generate overrides automatically for Apple Displays

FixEDID Display EDID iMac Cinema HD Thunderbolt MacBook MacBook Air HiDPI scale-resolutions

• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

C'mon guys.

In the login screen, colors appear to be normal, almost no step effect visible.

Directly after entering the password, some color profile or driver kicks in, and I can see obvious step effects.

Never had such a problem with 10.12.1 or 10.9.4...

Any idea please....?

maxiedaniels

maxiedaniels

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hoping someone could help me with something...

I'm trying to get my computer to act the same without a display connected vs. with a display connected, because I work in a studio where someone switches out the display at times. The problem is when I use Teamviewer to login.. it will hang on login if I don't have a display connected, and it's very difficult to get around that.

I thought an EDID override would fix it, since I believe EDID overrides are what fix Windows HTPC systems having Steam streaming problems when the TV receiver is off. Should this fix my issue?

I tried using DarwinDumper to dump my EDID when the proper display was in, and then used FixEDID to create a 'DisplayMergeNub.kext'. I installed the kext, I had to disable SIP on my system, but then it is definitely loading. But when I disconnect the display and try teamviewer, I'm still experiencing the same issue... low resolution, freezing, etc.

Any ideas? I'd be happy buying a small hardware component that does this.. I believe there is an EDID pass through HDMI adapter on Amazon for example, but it doesn't support HDMI -> DisplayPort which is my setup, and it also only exists as a 4K UHD resolution.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FixEDID, Display, EDID, iMac, Cinema HD, Thunderbolt, MacBook, MacBook Air, HiDPI, scale-resolutions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy