CPU, case and GPU fan speed control

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

i've OS X 10.8.4 and all works great. I've only one problem (that i read is common for hackintosh). After a bit time (2 or more hours) that i turned on my hackintosh, the GPU temp rise up (with windows i haven't this problem). So i read that there is a software called smcfuncontrol. But it shows me only the rpm of fun (the case and cpu one) and i can't control it. So, is there an app that allows me to control fan speed and the temp of gpu as in windows?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, which did not occur at all under 10.6.x ; this is annoying as hell because I cannot find out why this is happening and how to remediate it.

I have  a i7-920 and a GTX 470. After about 1h the temp of the GPU rises to 85C and the GPU fan goes from 1600 rpm to 2500. It sounds like a turbine, and the only way to quiten it is to restart. Even logging off is of no use. I do not have this problem under Linux or windows of OSX 10.6. At the wall, the computer uses 250 Watts !

Any help appreciated.

Yeah that temperatures are out of control! And even the fans rpm!! Have you installed the HWsensors kext?

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Full quote removed. Please don't quote entire posts when replying directly below them. Thanks