Booting Mountain Lion after Install

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

managed it to Install Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on my PC. Just had to use the flags npci=0x2000 and PCIRootUID=1.

But it does not boot after the installation (same flags as above) - it gets stuck at ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin and DSMOS does not arrive (look at screenshot). I've even tried -x etc, but it didn't work out.

I've also tried to wait a bit longer, but the only thing that comes up is resettingIOCatalogue.

MY Config is:

Asus P6T SE

Nvdia GTX 660 (non Ti)

i7 920

i've used ermacs Mountain Lionizer http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&nv=1&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=it&tl=en&u=http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/276216-guida-usb-mountain-lion-automatizzata/&usg=ALkJrhhCHFFr6q62fAeiRvtgKGGlEyOLAg and i've chosen the smbios macPro 4,1 (because of nehalem etc etc)

Maybe someone know how to help here?

Hi,

Boot the installation using the usb. 

Give in the following flags: -v -f

The extra folder, with the needed extensions, should now load, because the kernel cache will be skipped. 

After succesfull boot, install FakeSMC.kext to /System/Library/Extensions, like mentioned above, it is missing. 

Best of luck.

• Like 1

Hi,

Boot the installation using the usb. 

Give in the following flags: -v -f

The extra folder, with the needed extensions, should now load, because the kernel cache will be skipped. 

After succesfull boot, install FakeSMC.kext to /System/Library/Extensions, like mentioned above, it is missing. 

Best of luck.

I am going to try this right now. I'll post the result.

I did not find the screen shot ... did you forget to upload it?

Sorry forgot it! Here it ispost-225390-0-72568900-1371840114_thumb.jpg

Here I am again typing this from Mountain Lion 10.8.3 :thumbsup_anim:

Solution was that there was no FakeSMC.kext on the USB Boot in Extra/Extensions. Copied it, and the system started normally! Now I can go on and continue to set up my hack. Thanks a lot for your contribution!

BTW: I advise the owners of a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 to use Mountain Lion 10.8.3 + for the Installation. This Version lets your system start with npci=0x2000 (maybe you need PCIRootUID=1 , too) and it works OOB with QE/CI.

Tried my first installation with ML 10.8.0 and just got stuck.

Success.tiff

• Like 1