HD 5450 on Mavericks

ati radeon maverick qe/ci hd 5450 5xxx 10.9

Best Answer Aju Deeju, 30 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Finally fixed it .... I got full QE/CI. The problem was that AMDRadeonAccelerator doesn't work for 10.9...

-Remove AMDRadeonAccelerator kext.

-Install ATI5000Injector kext attached below in /E/E.

-Install ATI5000Controller and AMDRadeonx3000 attached below in S/L/E

-In org.Chameleon.boot.plist add :

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Eulemur</string>

Reboot and Voila!!

:D  :thumbsup_anim:  :D

HD 5450.zip

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

It is actually ATI5000Controller and it is here.

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Thanks but it's the ATI5000Controller, not the AMD5000Controller. But no matter, I found one on the web and modified it and it's still not working whereas it's the ATI or the AMD. I don't understand where I made a mistake, I have followed every step, I even reinstalled the DP1 from scratch but when I update it, it stops to work.

bettyboop

bettyboop

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

hi.i followed your instructions but I do not have qe/ci .my id card is 0x68F91002

ps I updated to dp2

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Aju Deeju, are you using the DP 2 or the DP 1 ? Could you list all your AMD & ATI kexts that's are in your S/L/E folder please ? I just want to check if I have them all ?

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

hi.i followed your instructions but I do not have qe/ci .my id card is 0x68F91002

ps I updated to dp2

I am not sure about dp2....but you can try removing all and or ati kexts in the S/L/E folder and install only the kexts I posted...

P.S. Use the latest chameleon version and GE=Yes

Aju Deeju, are you using the DP 2 or the DP 1 ? Could you list all your AMD & ATI kexts that's are in your S/L/E folder please ? I just want to check if I have them all ?

I'm using DP1. The kexts I have are:

AMDRadeonX3000.kext
AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle
AMDRadeonX4000.kext
AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle
ATI2400Controller.kext
ATI2600Controller.kext
ATI3800Controller.kext
ATI4600Controller.kext
ATI4800Controller.kext
ATI5000Controller.kext
ATI6000Controller.kext
ATI7000Controller.kext
ATIFramebuffer.kext
ATIRadeonX2000.kext
ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin
ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle
ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle
ATISupport.kext

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

That's what I thought, you're using DP 1 and as I said, the problem only occurs with DP 2. And so far, it seems that no one has fixed the problem. My DP 1 build works great, i confirm that your kext does the job but in DP 2, something's going wrong about QE/CI support. The card is not even recognized and the vram is still stucked at 3 mb.

Maybe bettyboop can confirm ?

So does anyone succeeded enabling QE/CI support with DP 2 (BUILD 13A497D)

Oh Aju Deeju, I've just noticed that you did not mention ATI5000Injector kext in your list, are you using it and where did you put it ? I use it with DP 1 in S/L/E  but I'm not sure it is necessary. 

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I'll update to dp2 and confirm it...

bettyboop

bettyboop

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

That's what I thought, you're using DP 1 and as I said, the problem only occurs with DP 2. And so far, it seems that no one has fixed the problem. My DP 1 build works great, i confirm that your kext does the job but in DP 2, something's going wrong about QE/CI support. The card is not even recognized and the vram is still stucked at 3 mb.
Maybe bettyboop can confirm ?

So does anyone succeeded enabling QE/CI support with DP 2 (BUILD 13A497D) ?

Oh Aju Deeju, I've just noticed that you did not mention ATI5000Injector kext in your list, are you using it and where did you put it ? I use it with DP 1 in S/L/E but I'm not sure it is necessary.

Yes,same problem

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Great news everyone ! Someone finally fixed the DP2 issue !

thanks to Rene, we can now enjoy full QE/CI support withe those kexts : http://www.osx86.net...ericks_dp2.html

It works now like a charm !!

bettyboop

bettyboop

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

ok for me, whitout ati emuleur qe/ci active :lol:

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Hello guys !

New build, same problem :-)

As I expected, the new D4 build doesn't work with the DP2 kexts (nor the DP3 by the way). A usual, I tried to edit the vendor/product ID of the DP4 kexts but you know what ? it didn't worked. Thenh I tried to install the working DP2 kexts but still the same, no QE/CI support.

Any ideas ?

I'm curious to know how to patch thoses kexts properly because, I was figuring that editing was just enougn but there's a point that I'm surely missing because anytime I tried, it just never works. I'm pretty sure that there's more editing job to do than just adding the ID in the AMD5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX3000.kext PCIOMatch field but I don't know where.

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Well, seems that I talk too fast :-)

I've just installed the Cedar ATI 5450 512mb for 10.9_13a524.zip http://www.osx86.net..._13a524_...html and it's working again.

I'm still interested in patching method so I can edit the kexts myself without goggleing with every new build.

albertico

albertico

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

:thumbsup_anim: Hello everybody I have an issue with my video card on mavericks  (GM) obviously it's the final release from the App Store. I've installed mavericks in a separated hard disk using #####- then when the OS was installed I  tried to enable QE/CI for ATI Sapphire HD 5450 1GB-is (0X68E1) I edited the string (info.plist) of AMDRadeonX3000, adding the correct ID for my video card under AMDCedarGraphicsAccelerator.kext, on IOPCIMatch changing the old code (0X68E10002) for this new code (0X68E11002). Then I added ok org.chameleon.Boot.plist >ATIConfig< >Eulemur< After all I got QE/CI but it's not working properly, because the PC starts very slow with lags and sometimes it's freeze without kernel panics  :) HELP.....!!1

Core2Duo 2,66ghz

MoBo: Asrcok G41M-VS3 Rev. 2.0

Video Card: ATI Sapphire HD 5450 1gb DD3

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Hello albertico ! I'va the same config as yours with both Sappphire and MoBo as yours. Check that :

Is there the AMDRadeonAccellerator Kext in your S/L/E folder ?

DId you also edit the plist of the AMD5000Controller kext ?

Did you use Kext utility to install those kexts and rebuild the S/L/E cache ?

I think your problem is that you do not have the AMDRAdeonAccellerator Kext which previous posts recommends to delete. If you do so, QE/CI won't work properly.

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around in the internet waste lands!! Politics, Science, Medicine. Watching cartoons, c...

I wrote some info here regarding the HD5450 in Mavericks. You guys might be interested. 

http://www.insanelym...-radeon-hd5450/

jorge.alexandro

jorge.alexandro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I have and ATI HD5470 Devide ID 0x68e0 - Vendor 0x1002, I edit your ketxt and put my device id instead of yours, but doesn't work my graphics still on 3mb and no QE/CI, ¿any suggestions please?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ati, radeon, maverick, qe/ci, hd, 5450, 5xxx, 10.9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy