HD 5450 on Mavericks

ati radeon maverick qe/ci hd 5450 5xxx 10.9

Best Answer Aju Deeju, 30 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Finally fixed it .... I got full QE/CI. The problem was that AMDRadeonAccelerator doesn't work for 10.9...

-Remove AMDRadeonAccelerator kext.

-Install ATI5000Injector kext attached below in /E/E.

-Install ATI5000Controller and AMDRadeonx3000 attached below in S/L/E

-In org.Chameleon.boot.plist add :

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Eulemur</string>

Reboot and Voila!!

:D  :thumbsup_anim:  :D

HD 5450.zip

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Anyone having full QE/CI on this device....

It had full QE/CI under 10.8.4 but now it doesn't work not even full resolution.

If anyone finds a solution please notify me.

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,378 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco

hello

check the kext...

no more amdradeonaccelerator.. now is amd3000x

see and apply wath u have donne to run in 10.8

u car is not native in mac os x

good hack

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Same problem for me, I tried to edit the plist in the kext AMDX3000 with vendor/revision ID but it doesn't work. Help welcomed !

gils83

gils83

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique

:)

and ATI5000Controller.kext , 0x68F91002 in info.plist  ;)

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Gils83 ...Thanks but I tried it already it doesn't work. It only works for 10.8.x
Meanwhile can somebody try http://www.osx86.net...52-hd_5450.html
that...I'm not home so I cannot try it

Dradis

Dradis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Just had a similar problem with my 5750, hope my solution also works for you.  First make absolutely sure that you have the correct device ID (sorry if that goes w/o saying).  Putting it in ATI5000Controller.kext should give you full resolution support.  Putting it in AMDRadeonX3000.kext should give you QE/CI support.  In AMDRadeonX3000 there are sections for various graphics card families or code names.  Be sure to put you DevID in the correct section.  Your card should go in the AMDCedarGraphicsAccelerator section.  (I do not have this card, so I cannot verify that it is Cedar).  

Also, I don't think your card is a natively supported card, so you may need GraphicsEnabler=Yes.  Try both Yes and No.

I hope there's something here that you haven't tried yet.  Good luck.

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I'll try as soon as possible...thanks

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

nope…

I installed ATI5000Controller kext, I installed ATI5000Injector kext, I modified AMDRadeonX3000 and AMD5000Controller kext with vendor/revision ID 0x68F91002 and I confirm that's a Cedar personality. The best I result I had was that the card was recognized as a Radeon HD 5450 but with just 5 Mb of vram and no QE/CI support. I tried to remove ATI kext letting just the AMD ones like it was with the original DP1 build. Same problem.

​I have to mention that It worked perfectly withe the original DP1 build, the problem occurs with the new seed proposed via Software update. It seems that Apple changed something with the graphics drivers as I noticed that the ATI kext disappered after the update.

I'm still looking for a way to solve the issue but I really don't know what's going wrong.

I've attached all the kext used in this post if it can help someone to fix this out

Good luck !

Attached Files

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

What is the build version of the "original" build polyzargone ?

What i the version that stopped working ?

13A476u or 13A497d

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

The original one was 13A476s, I got it a few days after its announcement. It's marked as the OS X 10.9 Developer Preview and the dmg was named OS X Mavericks 10.9 DP1. The actual build I'm running is13A491, I've downloaded it via Software Update from the AppStore.

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Ooops, my actual build is 13A497d.

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I tried the amdaccelerator kext . It loads the bonaire (7xxx) cards without any problem but it doesn't load 5xxx cedar

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Should I replace the AMDaccelerator kext withe one from the original DP1 ? I'll give a try but I'm not sure to retrieve it

AkimoA

AkimoA

AMD

• Local Moderators
  • 212 posts

your device and  vendor id(0x68F91002) goes in the  AMDJuniperGraphicsAccelerator in the Info.plist   AMDX3000...kext  (if that aint working try in the  AMDEulemurGraphicsAccelerator part aswell ) im not shure anymore 

and also in the ATI5000Controller.kext   like the others said above

save your edits install them with Kext Utility  and boot with GE=Yes  ( you could add AtiConfig=Vervet  or /Eulemur at boot  to enshure you get to correct Framebuffer set for it ) 

if no Prep. DSDT is in place 

and u should be happy i guess 

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Thanks for help but it doesn't works. I did edit the AMDRadeonX3000 kext and added the vendor/revision ID to the Juniper Personality part but the card still shows 5 Mb of vram and no QE/CI full support. Also edited the ATI5000Controller (in fact I didn't touch it as it was already modified). Do I have to remove the ID in the Cedar Personality part ? I left it and didn't tried without it. I also tried to boot with Vervet and Eulemur AtiConfig with Graphics Enabler=Yes but nothing changed.

What do you mean by DSDT is in place, do I have to edit it ? I have a modified DSDT file I use with chameleon boot.plist file but I'm really not sure that it's useful (I disabled it several times and It didn't change anything, its purpose was originally to fix some power management issues but it never really worked).

So I'm still stucked at the same point. But once again, thanks for the help !!!

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

If you have the 13A476s mount it and go to system/Library/Extensions and take the amdradeonaccelerator kext and post it here please ....

The card was working and loaded in 13A476s right?

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Yeah the card worked under 13A476s but the AMDRadeonAccelerator kext was not in the build, it was a kext I've downloaded from the 10.8.4 installing Guide. I tried to add it but it's not working. Attached is the Origianl kext from the Guide and the modified one with vendor/revision ID if it can help.

Attached Files

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,378 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco

hello

something is wrong with u install

mine is a cedar and work and all kext are in the build

Attached File  Captura de ecrã 2013-06-30, s 18.37.45.png   56.27KB   34 downloads

good hack

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Best Answer

Finally fixed it .... I got full QE/CI. The problem was that AMDRadeonAccelerator doesn't work for 10.9...

-Remove AMDRadeonAccelerator kext.

-Install ATI5000Injector kext attached below in /E/E.

-Install ATI5000Controller and AMDRadeonx3000 attached below in S/L/E

-In org.Chameleon.boot.plist add :

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Eulemur</string>

Reboot and Voila!!

:D  :thumbsup_anim:  :D

HD 5450.zip

Attached Files

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Hi Aju Deeju !

Could you send me your AMD5000Controller kext, I can find it on my system and I think that's the problem ? I can't figure out where it is !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ati, radeon, maverick, qe/ci, hd, 5450, 5xxx, 10.9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy