Freeze when plugging/unplugging charger

10 posts in this topic

I've installed and configured 10.8.4 retail on my Asus U36SD laptop. Everything works fine and stable except one thing.

When plugging or unplugging charger system freezes, and needs to be restarted by pressing power button.

This is so strange, cause it happens after 1 hour or more of system running. Before that time i can plug/uplug charger any time without an issue.
Tried many battery kexts: AppleSmartBatteryManager, VoodooBattery. Second one works longer but its still very annoying.
Im using UEFI boot with Clover and DSDT extracted from my BIOS. 

Does anyone knowes what could it be? 

I have the same problem using the latest clover version and using Drivers64UEFI:

- HFSPlus.efi

- OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

- OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

- EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

Finaly fixed using enoch bootloader im tried to researching but i cant find nothing.

Been thinking about this. Never had this issue using chameleon last year :/
The thing is that my laptop never worked better, before i started to using Clover.

Did you try to ask someone from "Clover General Disscusion"? 

Been thinking about this. Never had this issue using chameleon last year :/

The thing is that my laptop never worked better, before i started to using Clover.

Did you try to ask someone from "Clover General Disscusion"? 

I like clover so much but im still another issues with the sound, sadly i don't have a time to play with clover for now i keep in enoch for a while  :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Also looking forward to UEFI but at the moment this is the only solution for me. Clover in legacy mode works better than chameleon. Boot is much faster and system more stable!