Windows OSX question

34 posts in this topic

weird i never had a issue with os x drive being in when i install windows and been doing it since 10.4

On some systems it simply denies to show any HD (no disk found, or some error code) if the OSX HD is detected. It could also be troublesome for newbies because the formatting utility in the installer is confusing, which may lead to user errors.

On some systems it simply denies to show any HD (no disk found, or some error code) if the OSX HD is detected. It could also be troublesome for newbies because the formatting utility in the installer is confusing, which may lead to user errors.

that's why all newbies should read and learn there hardware and what drive they wish to use as a osx and as windows always remembering the size and location 

You're running it in a VM within an already booted system.  Performance is bound to take a hit because you restricted certaion things for starters the ram amount and other things play into factor.  Your original intention was to play NFS which is a game which will stress the comp a bit which is why I was suggesting you go down the route of actually installing windows on a partition so you get optimal performance from it.

ok so i installed Win 7 32bit with Vmware and played NFS and it worked fine, I understand bout the 1gb for 32gb and 2gb for 64bit, is it worth using 64bit instead for the extra 1gb or memory? would it let the game play any smoother?

No, both in virtual and hardware PC. 64 bit mostly comes to play with CPU intensive tasks and 64 bit optimised software. Games mostly use VGA and RAM (in lesser degree).

I see, i changed settings and it plays pretty smootly , on other note it seems to be impossible to install starcraft 1 & Grid 2 & Driver San Francisco on windows 7 32bit. :(

I see, i changed settings and it plays pretty smootly , on other note it seems to be impossible to install starcraft 1 & Grid 2 & Driver San Francisco on windows 7 32bit. :(

Well, read system requirements for all the games you'd like to play and use the appropriate OS version/settings. Don't expect good performance in virtual environment. Install Windows the usual way and it should be quite different gaming experience.