[Graphics] New Mavericks Installation - Nvidia Graphics Issue

Rowas

16 posts in this topic

Original Issue, which was solved by solution. Use solution to enable most Nvidia Cards

Hopefully, this issue will be resolved with the community's help and serve to be useful in the future.

Specs

Big Bang Xpower X58 Motherboard

Core i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz

24 GB DDR3 RAM

Nvidia GTX 480 OC Ed. 1.5 GB

I followed standard procedure the same way as most here do; I used the developer preview InstallESD.dmg file to create an external based installer and made the necessary modifications to make it run.

The first issue dealt with the system hanging at the "BluetoothHiddevice..." line in verbose mode. It wouldn't go beyond that. The issue turned out to be graphics, so Chameleon wasn't injecting it properly.

I sort of fixed this by going into my current Mountain Lion Installation and overwriting the installer's drivers with my own Nvidia Kexts. It got past that line in verbose mode and made it to the installer. However, keep in mind that the graphics still looked wonky in that the resolution is low/ QE/CI wasn't working.

The next issue was the installer refusing my system. This is solved by changing the Mac Pro 3,1 definition to something more recent (I used Mac Pro 4,1). The installation then went flawlessly. 

Next I boot into the system using the Chameleon on the external installer, using NPCI=0x2000 to bypass the [PCI Configuration Begin] issue that my computer always has. I also had to do the same thing with replacing the Nvidia Kexts to bypass the Bluetooth hang and I get into the system.

VoodooPS2 works as does RTL8xxx. The one issue on my plate is getting the system to fully use my Nvidia card with QE/CI and the dual monitors with their proper resolution. Is there any recommendation on how I should proceed with this?

Side note: 

Audio doesn't work either, but I don't really use native audio anyways as I have an MBox connected to external monitors. On Mountain Lion, if I absolutely need native audio, I have VoodooHDA at the ready to be moved in single user mode to enable it. I don't keep it enabled because it would cause boot errors more than occasionally.

Here is the solution, which you can use to enable most newer Nvidia GFX Cards if they don't work out of the box.

Go to downloads and get Pandora's box.

Use Post Installation toolkit to choose a proper Nvidia Enabler option to apply to your new Mavericks Installation. 

Pandora's Post Install Toolset

RKYIeN2.png

iSQlAnl.png

hoixTTf.png

1F2dC9r.png

cekg7wn.png

First off, thank Pandora Team for making this happen. They're awesome for spearheading development on this one-shot tool to create a good Mavericks installation in minutes and the devs of all the bits and pieces in post installation. We salute you. Without them, OSX86 wouldn't be where it is today.

I Hope this helped serve as future reference for those looking for answers. Happy "hackintosh-ing"  :rolleyes:

Is this what you're seeing with that bluetooth thing?

**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

I had that, and I am wondering how you fixed it?

I explained how I fixed it. It has something to do with graphics and I got around it by copying over my Nvidia drivers from Mountain Lion. However, keep in mind this won't give you full acceleration. Just basic functionality.

**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

It's about bluetooth SMC management!

Install this FakeSMC and all should work: https://bitbucket.org/kozlek/hwsensors/downloads

• Like 1

It's about bluetooth SMC management!

Install this FakeSMC and all should work: https://bitbucket.org/kozlek/hwsensors/downloads

Hmm. I tried booting with those files, but the bluetooth issue was still there. What did work however was using the -f flag. I'm still trying to find a way to get graphics acceleration working.

NVClockx works and fully recognizes the card. However the drivers aren't loading. Specifically, it seems to be NVDAResman.kext that causes the whole problem, but I can't be certain because everything else doesn't load for the dependency issues on that specific kext.

During the installation I did remember that NVDA100hal loaded perfectly as did a few others, even though acceleration was not there. So idk.

here is the solution ;)

edit com.apple.windowserver.plist in /library/prefernces

change forceoldstylememorymanagement=no to yes..

I really was hoping that would be it. The file doesn't exist on my 10.9 installation. I tried copying it over from mountain lion and adding the key you suggested. Didn't work. -_-

• Like 1

I'm following up on how I resolved this problem.

Basically, I simply waited for Pandora's box to release Beta 2. Turns out they had the enabler I needed in the post installation tools, which I forgot was called ATY_Init.kext. So I went ahead and installed it. Lo and behold, graphics acceleration.

So the last thing I simply need to do is refresh the install and start over because I had attempted to restore my old ML installation and installing Mavericks on top of it with the hopes that this would resolve the problem, thus creating a "dirty" install. I always try to keep things as clean as possible. 

Also, I seem to be having issues accessing some system preferences with the error that it can be loaded due to the machine not being an intel based mac. The error doesn't seem to be consistent, though. So I don't know what to say and as far as anyone is concerned, this thread has been resolved anyways. 

Thank you very much and I'll post a new thread to resolve any future issues I may have to create more reference material.

I struggled same as yours. But I found a solution to install 10.9 DP1: create usb installer by myhack, then manually replace MBR patch and run myhack fix to fix the USB. I installed successfully 10.9 DP1 and every things worked fine except bluetooth.

Try booting with:

-v -f npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1

Also, make sure to put the original mavericks nvidia kexts in your system. Booting with those kexts and boot arguments should fix the problem.

After PCI Configuration my graphics is freezed, to install OSX is not a problem but when i want to boo it take very long time and I reset in the log i don't have crash, so i want see the verbose boot, any solution ? I have a GTX 660.

thx 

I am having the same issue.  when I boot from the USB it hangs at:  I used XFlash to create the USB stick

I've tried the boot flags here as well as replacing the nvidia kexts with the ones from 10.8.4 -  but still no luck.  I cannot boot the Mavericks USB at all.

Mountain Lion runs flawlessly on this system -  even sleep/wake and p-states work natively (no DSDT) without any issues at all.

System:

i7 2700K

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 - UEFI Bios

NVIDIA GTX 570

Any help would be greatly appreciated - Perhaps I should just wait for the final 10.9 instead of the beta?

• 3 months later...

here is the solution ;)

edit com.apple.windowserver.plist in /library/prefernces

change forceoldstylememorymanagement=no to yes..

Thanks for this!

I have an Nvidia 210 which worked fine with an EFI string in 10.8 but stopped working decently in 10.9 (choppy animations, non-transparent menubar, ...). The command above fixed it for me.

Hi,

I'm on P35-DS4 with Q6600 and Nvidia 9400GS 512M.

Above HW works perfectly with ML 10.8.5 + Clover 2236.

I tried 2 install methods:

-by creating USB key + mounting ESDBaseSystem.dmg and copying files etc. 

-by launching 'Install OSX Mavericks' from running ML; reboot; boot OSX Install from Clover menu.

Both methods are failing with famous hang: 

[IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

When I leave system to 5-10min - I'm getting grey screen with Apple logo and system stays forever with this.

I already tried all suggestions from this third. No go :=(

Is there solution for this problem?

Thanks for this!

I have an Nvidia 210 which worked fine with an EFI string in 10.8 but stopped working decently in 10.9 (choppy animations, non-transparent menubar, ...). The command above fixed it for me.

Guys,

I finally manage to install 10.9 on my P35-DS4/Nv9400GS 512M, Clover r2236 (Pandora method) and I have exactly the same problem with choppy animations, non-transparent menubar, ....

Unfortunately file edit com.apple.windowserver.plist is empty (0bytes).

​May somebody put here correct content of this file?

​This in advance!