Installing on AMD PC

14 posts in this topic

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-390XA-UD3
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800
RAM: 4GB 

Im trying to install Mac on my desktop but with no success so far. I was able to install Leopard but all it does when i try to boot is restart itself everytime. I also have the same issue with a Mountain Lion dvd/usb or niresh. 
I was curious as to what osx installation is best for my PC and is there a way to get past the reboot loop issue that im having

Hey ShadowLegion88

Lets sart with if you do not have a working mac to make a Lion installer then the option here would be a Nawcom ModCD & a Snow Leopard DVD. Alternatively you can get a iATKOS S3 (it's a distro) because the Snow Leopard DVD for the 8GB DVD.

Once you have that you should be in a bootable OS and therefore be able to make a Lion install, let me know how you get along with SL first. 

Hello

I think it is better to try fresh and no distro install so you can track errors more easily and if you dont have a mac you can use this tool here to make  a bootable media.

Then i can help you with any error but don't forget that you have to replace the machkernel becouse you have an AMD processor. 

Hello

I think it is better to try fresh and no distro install so you can track errors more easily and if you dont have a mac you can use this tool here to make  a bootable media.

Then i can help you with any error but don't forget that you have to replace the machkernel becouse you have an AMD processor. 

I cant even install mac because my computer restarts when leaving the bootloader. How do i go about replacing the machkernel?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried booting with nawcoms bootcd the using the flags: GraphicsEnabler=No -force64 -v? Thats how I got mine to boot. Could also try the link below

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/275100-guide-install-1068-on-amd-getting-around-all-errors-pci-configuration/

It's not the guide I used, I can't find that anymore, but its very close.

Id also restore the *.dmg image to a thumb drive or external HDD. works alot faster and generally really well.

If that doesn't work, there are plenty of other guides around. Just gotta look for them. Take your time and don't rush it. It took me months to get a solid stable system up and going.

And boot loaders can mess up plenty of hours of work, so pick one that others have used, and resist the urge to update it. It'll cause a bootable system not to work anymore. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...