HP Laptop DV6-6xxx DV7-6xxx OS X 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite

Dec_Bra1n

184 posts in this topic

Hey, today i tried to install osx and managed to install everything, the last 2 things are:

1) camera!!! It's not working, facetime shows no camera detected, same with skype. Camera is detected as usb device though

2) speedstep, i tried to enable it, but most recent speedstepper i found is made for 10.8.3 and i tried - it doesn't work on 10.9.5; i flashed bios by donovan6000 which gets rid of nullcpu kext (i guess it makes speedstep work fine), however i don't know what settings do i need to enable/disable in order for it to work, if i simply delete kext - i get kernel panic, so i'm doing something wrong

Edit:

3) If i use modified acpi***.kext i get voodoobattery kext to work but applehda is not working; vice versa(battery not working, but audio is), could you share yours acpi kext?

Hey, today i tried to install osx and managed to install everything, the last 2 things are:

1) camera!!! It's not working, facetime shows no camera detected, same with skype. Camera is detected as usb device though

2) speedstep, i tried to enable it, but most recent speedstepper i found is made for 10.8.3 and i tried - it doesn't work on 10.9.5; i flashed bios by donovan6000 which gets rid of nullcpu kext (i guess it makes speedstep work fine), however i don't know what settings do i need to enable/disable in order for it to work, if i simply delete kext - i get kernel panic, so i'm doing something wrong

Edit:

3) If i use modified acpi***.kext i get voodoobattery kext to work but applehda is not working; vice versa(battery not working, but audio is), could you share yours acpi kext?

Camera i have no idea :( :'( but you should try my IOUSBFamily.kext of 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289883-hp-laptop-dv6-6xxx-dv7-6xxx-os-x-109-mavericks-and-1010-yosemite/?p=2064331

Speedstep:-if you using Donovan6000 BIOS MOD then delete NullpowerCPUPoweManagement.Kext from S/L/E and use Original AICPM (AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext) 

use HDAEnabler modules of Chameleon your sound will works :D

AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

post-957871-0-55996200-1411987437_thumb.png

VoodooBattery.kext.zip

Sadly i installed all 4 kexts you provided (1 extra for camera), and the result is the same: camera doesn't work; voodoobattery works but audio not(used hdaenabler and restarted still the same)....

I guess so the problems aren't related to kexts, but rather to dsdt. I tried recently to boot w/o dsdt and i get black screen, so my dsdt is a requirement :S

Where you got your dsdt from? I'm pretty sure our dsdt are almost the same, with only difference of screen resolution (mine is 1600x900), could you share it and try to remember where u got it from (maybe there's dv7 version too, which basically is 1600x900+)

The one i got is from my old backups that i used to boot 10,7 long time ago... (i had camera problems with it back then as well)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, everything works ok in my Pavilion DV6 with yosemite, except external VGA to connect to a projector. It does not work.

HDMI output does not work too.

Any solution will be appreciated. Thanks

You have Choose Between VGA or HDMI because both can not works simultaneously in 10.9.5 and higher 

So I have too fisical outputs, 1 VGA and 1 HDMI. Neither works. Is it correct? any driver?

For VGA use this Kext and this kext is working since 10.9.5 to 10.11.2 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6svmzfyeyzdp9mz/HD%203000%20VGA%20Kext%20.zip

and For HDMI use DSDT Patch 

• 2 weeks later...