HP Laptop DV6-6xxx DV7-6xxx OS X 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite

Dec_Bra1n

184 posts in this topic

HP DV6 6172tx / 6121TXDV6-6xxx DV7-6xxx OS X 10.9.4 (Mavericks) and Yosemite 10.10 updated

installation method tested

Myhack=>-v cpus=1 -x
Manual restore=>-v cpus=1 -x
Pandora=>without flag

Manul restore method use 3 kext for installation
1.Fakesmc
2.NullpowerCPUManagement

3.Voodoops2.kext

If voodoo error then use only 2 kext
1.Fakesmc
2.NullpowerCPUManagement
And delete Voodoops2.kext

If laptop have nvidia card then remove all nvidia and ATI kext And boot with those flag

[TESTED] ------Working
Battery working natively with DSDT patch
TrackPad - Keyboard working with Voodoops2 by  RehabMan

USB 2.0 working natively
USB 3.0 working with GenericUSBXHCI.kext
Sleep working with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
Lan working with RealtekRTL81xx.kext
HDMI+Audio (with DSDT only)
Intel audio working with AppleHDA.kext (thanks to Micky1979)
True vision HD camera work recognise as USB
Intel HD 3000 works natively
VGA work with the codes 
Use Fan control and EDID packages
Facetime tested and working.
iMessages tested and working.
iCloud tested and working.

10444379_782064675166426_668353818413005

10511360_782064835166410_415433830805001

10402758_782064928499734_391867627968585

10514732_782065048499722_505341551464283

Not working

AMD Radeon 6770m 2GB But it can disable in mod bios Without Semi Brick (Thanks to donovan6000)  :angel:

SD card reader doesn't matter if it won't works (never gonna work because its PCIE)
WiFi broadcom 4313 not working but change it to Atheros 9285 combo works (WiF+BT) by using donovan6000 mode bios

(WiFi whitelist removed).............. :)  :P Thanks  for donovan6000 (Wifi+BT whitelist removed Bios)
for Atheros 9285 combo chip WiFi+BT :thumbsup_anim: 
Finger print scanner doesn't matter for me  :(

For OS X Yosemite Guide must see this blog

Hackintosh Mumbai 

My OS X Yosemite Post 

FakeSMC.kext.zip

GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

RealtekRTL8111-Binary.zip

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

RealtekRTL8111-Binary.zip

• Like 2

Can you upload the kexts you used and tell me which of the two extension folder they need to go in? Do you know if those kexts would work with my Dv6t (June 2012) model or where I can get ones that actually do, my specs are below? Please and Thank You! :)

3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3 GHz
Intel HM77 Express Chipset
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (1GB DDR Dedicated RAM)
Bluray player/burner
3x USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed"/ 1x USB 2.0/HDMI/VGA/RJ45 Eithernet Port/Headphone-Out (Stereo)/Microphone-In
Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards & Multimedia cards
HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated Dual Array Digital Microphone (High Definition Low-Light)
4x Beats Audio™ Internal speakers; Beats Audio™ Audio playback; HP Triple Bass Reflex with Subwoofer
Synaptics TouchPad with on/off button and support for multitouch gestures
Full-sized Island-style Backlit Keyboard with Numberpad
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Intel 802.11b/g/n Wireless with Bluetooth

• Like 1

Can you upload the kexts you used and tell me which of the two extension folder they need to go in? Do you know if those kexts would work with my Dv6t (June 2012) model or where I can get ones that actually do, my specs are below? Please and Thank You! :)

3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3 GHz

Intel HM77 Express Chipset

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (1GB DDR Dedicated RAM)

Bluray player/burner

3x USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed"/ 1x USB 2.0/HDMI/VGA/RJ45 Eithernet Port/Headphone-Out (Stereo)/Microphone-In

Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards & Multimedia cards

HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated Dual Array Digital Microphone (High Definition Low-Light)

4x Beats Audio™ Internal speakers; Beats Audio™ Audio playback; HP Triple Bass Reflex with Subwoofer

Synaptics TouchPad with on/off button and support for multitouch gestures

Full-sized Island-style Backlit Keyboard with Numberpad

Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Intel 802.11b/g/n Wireless with Bluetooth

Create USB installer using my hack  

delete all nvidia kext from your installer (USB/System/Library/Extensions)

This kext you should need have in your Extra folder for getting installer 

FakeSMC.kext  

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

and make sure add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

and you smbios of 8.1 fo booting 

and boot with this flag 

"-v cpus=1 -f -x "

• Like 1

No luck, I keep getting the "Still waiting for Root Device" message. Is there any way to do this when you only have USB 3.0 ports. Will a USB 2.0 hub plugged into my USB 3.0 port work?

post-433099-0-97872500-1371444822_thumb.jpg

No luck, I keep getting the "Still waiting for Root Device" message. Is there any way to do this when you only have USB 3.0 ports. Will a USB 2.0 hub plugged into my USB 3.0 port work?

Post your Extra Folder and delete files From your USB/System/Library/Extensions 

& most important For installation use USB 2 port instead of USB 3 Port

NVDAGF100Hal.kext.

NVDAGK100Hal.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDAStartup.kext

NVSMU.kext

I followed the directions and still getting the "Waiting for root device" message. Is there a way to do this with USB 3.0 only or will it work if I use a USB 2.0 hub with my USB 3.0 port?

post-433099-0-97872500-1371444822_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I followed the directions and still getting the "Waiting for root device" message. Is there a way to do this with USB 3.0 only or will it work if I use a USB 2.0 hub with my USB 3.0 port?

Dude there is one another method of installer USB/DVD creating called as Pandora see at downloads 

u can make DVD from Pandora and try 

use genericUSBXHCI latest version and AHCI patch it worked for me Hp Envy 6 1070el

It works on HP DV6/DV7 too but after installing not before

• 3 weeks later...

This bios is perfect but u can use only wifi chip not combo

Atheros AR 9285 TESTED

I did make one with both the wifi and bluetooth whitelists removed, but the guy I made it for never got back to me. If anyone wants to try it, then let me know if it works. Just be aware that this is untested so it might result in a brick ^_^

• Like 1

just a question ... what audio kext did you use for your installation because I've got my speakers working but only the top two no subwoofer and also my microphone is making this horrible crackling noise when I try record or use skype.

Would you be able to upload your kexts for your audio  (also I don't have a 10.9 install I have a 10.8.2 with all my components working with QE/QI - is it worth is upgrading to Mavericks)

Thanks in Advance 

-Tom :)

I did make one with both the wifi and bluetooth whitelists removed, but the guy I made it for never got back to me. If anyone wants to try it, then let me know if it works. Just be aware that this is untested so it might result in a brick ^_^

ooohhhh  i will try and told you  

but no Brick right ??

just a question ... what audio kext did you use for your installation because I've got my speakers working but only the top two no subwoofer and also my microphone is making this horrible crackling noise when I try record or use skype.

Would you be able to upload your kexts for your audio  (also I don't have a 10.9 install I have a 10.8.2 with all my components working with QE/QI - is it worth is upgrading to Mavericks)

Thanks in Advance 

-Tom :)

By appleHDA u can only work 2 front speakers 

if you want use all speakers include subwoofer then you have to use ANALOG sound if u 

use this then HDMI wont works :( 

Try VoodooHDA 

by this works all speakers 

@@@@donovan6000

i have try ur bios with my friends laptop exact same bios version

Generally my wifi 'f12' key shows white when

enable and red when disable

But by using ur(wifi+BT) bios my F12 key is red always and both wifi and BT is on i am using broadcom 4313 :(

You Need to cross check one more time coz ur old bios (wifi only) works like charm

once this issue solve i will test the Atheros combo

on this

NOTE:-NO SEMI BRICK / NO BRICK / UNLOCKED MENU

THANKS TO YOU donovan6000 (y)

But this is a new bios for combo? Or this is that old that i tried time ago?

Edit: but this is that last bios with bluetooth whitelist that never worked for me.. bluetooth whitelist is still there..

broadcom 4313 is in whitelist so for this motive this broadcom combo will work, atheros combo not..  that guy  am i? If so, you are wrong, i already said you that whitelist bluetooth is still there, i have all mails ;)

@@@@donovan6000

i have try ur bios with my friends laptop exact same bios version

Generally my wifi 'f12' key shows white when

enable and red when disable

But by using ur(wifi+BT) bios my F12 key is red always and both wifi and BT is on i am using broadcom 4313 :(

You Need to cross check one more time coz ur old bios (wifi only) works like charm

once this issue solve i will test the Atheros combo

on this

NOTE:-NO SEMI BRICK / NO BRICK / UNLOCKED MENU

THANKS TO YOU donovan6000 (y)

I posted that bios in italian thread, you have already flashed this bios on your machine. This have the original sha-1 so for this i posted this ...

@@@@@ smith this is WiF+BT removed bios

i have tested with my old broadcom 4313 with my friends laptop

but one issue that WiFi button F12 is always red it wont change to white

Means my WiFi+BT is always on i cant switch it off :(

But you read what i write before to reply?

If you have flashed last bios in italian thread you have ALREADY this bios. Whitelist bluetooth is not really removed, your broadcom combo will work because it is in whitelist. Atheros combo will not work if this bios is the same in italian thread. Understood now?  :)

It's the same!

@@@@@@ smith i am using the which you gave In me iitalian forum .........:)

I understood the bios u gave me is block the combo device

read the the post 13

I am talking about that bios which is provided by donovan6000 in post no 13

italian bios and post 13 bios is diffrent

@@@@@@ smith i am using the which you gave In me iitalian forum ......... :)

I understood the bios u gave me is block the combo device

read the the post 13

I am talking about that bios which is provided by donovan6000 in post no 13

italian bios and post 13 bios is diffrent

Whitelist bluetooth is still there and stop. In theory it doesn't work with atheros combo. Then you can make what you want.. Try and see.. Bye

It's the same

• Like 2

broadcom 4313 is in whitelist so for this motive this broadcom combo will work, atheros combo not..  that guy  am i? If so, you are wrong, i already said you that whitelist bluetooth is still there, i have all mails ;)

I posted that bios in italian thread, you have already flashed this bios on your machine. This have the original sha-1 so for this i posted this ...

Nope, this is a different mod I made for those bios. Managed to isolate the general location bluetooth whitelist, so I just change the code to avoid ever going there. It's much clearner that how I was doing things before.

Also your not the guy I was refering to :P This person was someone else who was bothering me about the bluetooth whitelist for a few months. He said it was ok if I bricked his laptop, which is why I had him test it first. No sure why he never replied -_-

I said it hasn't been tested yet, so your the first person to report any problems :lol: The way I'm removing the whitelists is quite different that the normal way to approach it, so I expected there to be some strange side effects. I'll reupload another bios soon for you to test.

• Like 2

Nope, this is a different mod I made for those bios. Managed to isolate the general location bluetooth whitelist, so I just change the code to avoid ever going there. It's much clearner that how I was doing things before.

Also your not the guy I was refering to :P This person was someone else who was bothering me about the bluetooth whitelist for a few months. He said it was ok if I bricked his laptop, which is why I had him test it first. No sure why he never replied -_-

I said it hasn't been tested yet, so your the first person to report any problems :lol: The way I'm removing the whitelists is quite different that the normal way to approach it, so I expected there to be some strange side effects. I'll reupload another bios soon for you to test.

Man the link is the same that i have in my mail, mail that you sended me time ago!  Exactly the same mediafire link!

Maybe you posted here a wrong old link?

Good morning. Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?9i4lvtpe72klu6r

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9i4lvtpe72klu6r/sp55068.zip

from this post

I did make one with both the wifi and bluetooth whitelists removed, but the guy I made it for never got back to me. If anyone wants to try it, then let me know if it works. Just be aware that this is untested so it might result in a brick  ^_^

• Like 1

Thanks for adding my website to your signature :D  I always appreciate when people do that!

I didn't even notice that about the urls. turns out that when I upload new files I usually replace the old url with the previously existing one so that my mediafire account doesn't get cluttered up. So the resulting file has the exact same url as before. This is in fact a different bios than the one you tested ^_^

• Like 1