Bluetooth stuck in "ON" state and not working

nyolc8

121 posts in this topic

hi all

using CSR USB ( Hama 0049232 ) dongle under 10.8 2 wasn't any problem for me, then after installing Mawericks it all began with bluetooth, all the same like in this forum, so i just changed my Hama dongle to good old Asus BT-21 based on Broadcom chip ( many of Broadcoms works like a charm in os x 10.9 ) and everything magically went fine: pairing, waking after sleep momentally starts workin' and so on. i know it's easy maybe just to change dongle but it seems like in 10.9 apple didn't give lotsa attention to their native kext for Cambridge Silicon Radio, so most of broadcoms work out of the box.

• 2 weeks later...

@DawTaylor

Running 10.9.2, I have the same Bluetooth Dongle, CSR USB, Product ID 0x0000, vender id 0x0A12. I am using a generic Keyboard and Mouse, they connect and work well, I just can't find a way to enable Wake From Sleep. The wake by Bluetooth option is greyed out. I have tried every solution in this thread, including editing the Product ID and Vender ID on the kext, ad using the attached kext package. I have also tried other solutions I found by google searches, nothing works. :(

I am about to order another Bluetooth Dongle, but I'd like to be reasonably sure it will work before I buy it.

@DawTaylor

Running 10.9.2, I have the same Bluetooth Dongle, CSR USB, Product ID 0x0000, vender id 0x0A12. I am using a generic Keyboard and Mouse, they connect and work well, I just can't find a way to enable Wake From Sleep. The wake by Bluetooth option is greyed out. I have tried every solution in this thread, including editing the Product ID and Vender ID on the kext, ad using the attached kext package. I have also tried other solutions I found by google searches, nothing works. :(

I am about to order another Bluetooth Dongle, but I'd like to be reasonably sure it will work before I buy it.

It seems that Apple has better support for BCM BT. 

for me AR3011 is working fine, also as bluetooth dun and pairing etc etc. but is stuck in "on". fn + f2 work for wifi but not for bt. very strange...

This is the fix:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/kext-editing/enable-wake-on-bluetooth/

Prasy created this back in the SL days. Saw this issue in the first DP and fixed it right way. No idea why people are still stuck up on this.

for me nope.

for me AR3011 is working fine, also as bluetooth dun and pairing etc etc. but is stuck in "on". fn + f2 work for wifi but not for bt. very strange...

for me nope.

If done properly always works. Never found a dongle under Mac OS X that worked that this fix did not work. Tested well over 20 dongles with all different chips. 

If done properly always works. Never found a dongle under Mac OS X that worked that this fix did not work. Tested well over 20 dongles with all different chips.

Rampage, mine is internal not usb. it work well, "just" dont turn off.

excuse me for duoble post but tapatalk is a little bit problematic. Rampage, mine is an AR5B195 with wifi and bluetooth AR301. iobluetoothfamily but also with rehabman kext ioarfrmwr

• 2 months later...

My problems are fixed! I'v made a file for you guys which should fix your bluetooth problems in mavericks.

This fix should repair connection/discover/pair problems with bluetooth in Mavericks.

Also helped me fix a problem were my magic mouse was recognised as normal mouse. (no multitouch/gestures enabled.)

Drop all the files (simultaneously) into the Kext Utility. Wait until process is done (fill in password when ask).

Reboot.

Bluetooth should now work properly.

——

Note: Do not turn off bluetooth. 

——

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-11-09 at 17.29.27.pngattachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-11-09 at 17.29.11.png

attachicon.gifBluetooth 10.9.0 Fix.zip

Let me know if it worked  ^_^

*Try at own risk*

Dear Edwin,

you r really god send. Yu made my ga-z87n-wifi (ver.2.0) bluetooth fantastically working. Many many thanks to you. And please remove that line, *try at own risk*. Since there is no risk in your files, i used them in multitude ways on ML, and mavericks. It does only good. One only has to enter its vendor and device id in broadcom kext. Thats it. Upon restart too, it remain functional and pairs automatically. I have checked it with only Trackpad though. Keep me updated dude. You rock bro. You rock. May God care u a little more, so that u can benefit others too. Gud luck. See you when i see you. :);)

For all bros out there, Gigabyte GA-z87n-wifi (ver 2.0) bluetooth works perfectly. Any fear/doubt/disbelief??? Free your mind, and ask me hw to find. Awaiting NEOs, lots of neos...... ;)

Hi 

My bluetooth is also AR3011. Its part of a combo card along with AR9285 wifi. Wifi works with dsdt edit but I cant get bluetooth to work.

Any help is appreciated. 

Good News

I got AR3011 bluetooth working but it won't work after sleep. I have to restart in order to have it working again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

for me don´t work  sleep, this prevent my idlle sleep   :(  

my USBBluethooth idProduct an idDevice is native in the kext 10.9 BroadcomBluetoothControllerUSBTransport.kext, any edit is needed

<key>BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController - BLUETOOTH USB +EDR ADAPTER v2.1 UHE</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>362</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>1293</integer>

Thanks for the info.

I recently bought a usb bluetooth adapter that was recognized straight away, but there was no option to turn it off (Turn Bluetooth Off was greyed out.)

So I duplicated a device in info.plist and added my vendorID and productID. Reinstalling the modified kext enabled the turn off option.

This also enabled 'Allow Bluetooth device to wake this computer' option, which was previously disabled.

There was one other problem, I was unable to transfer files from android to mac. Although I was able to send files to android. This was solved by:

1. Enabling Bluetooth Sharing

2. Replacing spaces in computer name with -

• 5 months later...

My problems are fixed! I'v made a file for you guys which should fix your bluetooth problems in mavericks.

This fix should repair connection/discover/pair problems with bluetooth in Mavericks.

Also helped me fix a problem were my magic mouse was recognised as normal mouse. (no multitouch/gestures enabled.)

Drop all the files (simultaneously) into the Kext Utility. Wait until process is done (fill in password when ask).

Reboot.

——

——

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-11-09 at 17.29.27.pngattachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-11-09 at 17.29.11.png

*Try at own risk*

is there any chance someone could reupload the fix :)?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Reboot.

——

——

*Try at own risk*

Hi.. 
Can anyone help me ???? .. This fix didn't work for me ... I Replaced the kexts with yours, but now Bluetooth is not available anymore ( crossed bluetooth symbol).
Before I Replaced the kext at least the bluetooth dongle was recognized but it did not work  ( neither I was able disable it)
currently i'm running osx 10.9 on my pc
My usb bluetooth dongle: Trust 17772  
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

here same issues in AR9485 WiFi is working fine but Bluetooth panel show ON status scanning device but wont appear device in panel even it wont off. i have tried by adding usbinject.kext and change iousb kext info by adding number 255 for internal not worked same i have created ssdt for USB. added all type of Bluetooth kext then update Os X 10.11.6  to 10.12.6  still same issues. update

which method will  get fix this issues please help ??..