Bluetooth stuck in "ON" state and not working

nyolc8

121 posts in this topic

No the debug thing does nothing really, besides putting the module off (reset).

@nyolc8 Once "Disable Bluetooth" is clicked the module goes off, but does come on again the second time you click the"Disable Bluetooth", with third click it just stays on, then the debug

option puts it off, if you click "Reset the.....".

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately any of the solutions mentioned above worked for me. I have a CSR usb dongle (0x0001 0x0a12) which should work without any problems.

It's always on, no turn off / disable option, but it doesn't see any device, magic mouse, keyboard, headphones...

I tried it before updating to 10.8.5 and 10.9 DP8, worked like a charm on 10.8.4.

Does anyone here have the same dongle?

I downloaded the supplemental update for 10.8.5 and I and found the iobtfamily. 

The only change I found around bluetooth.

A broadcom kext.

4HAyi.png

With only 2 files, info.plist and versions.plist

4HAyV.png

After update from 10.7.5 to 10.8.5 i get "broken" bluetooth (CSR)

Two days read forums...

Two days try edit kexts and plist files..

And...

Just delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and reboot

Bluetooth works and i can pair my sixaxis controller!

But when i try switch off bluetooth - they broke again...

Finally mien is f**** native works no add any vendor or system ID or delete something... No lagging or no disconnect to every 5 seconds... If you make your bootable USB with myHack or Vanilla type with this two ways will never works. I tested and make it almost 3 days and several install delete reinstall this to ways never works or I can't work. Anyways create USB with this "http://www.osx86.net/files/file/189-boot-usb-os-x-mavericks-109-dppkg/". This is really easy really useful .pkg. I saw this yesterday different thread on the insanely.com and first try everything worked. First boot use this flags -x -f -v and open safe boot then pair your bluetooth mouse and keyboard... Hope will work to you...

• Like 1

Finally mien is f**** native works no add any vendor or system ID or delete something... No lagging or no disconnect to every 5 seconds... If you make your bootable USB with myHack or Vanilla type with this two ways will never works. I tested and make it almost 3 days and several install delete reinstall this to ways never works or I can't work. Anyways create USB with this "http://www.osx86.net/files/file/189-boot-usb-os-x-mavericks-109-dppkg/". This is really easy really useful .pkg. I saw this yesterday different thread on the insanely.com and first try everything worked. First boot use this flags -x -f -v and open safe boot then pair your bluetooth mouse and keyboard... Hope will work to you...

Your workaround didn't worked for me in DP8, but now that I updated to GM (through App Store :P) it did work like a charm. I'm really thankful for it. 

Those who had questioned about "Visibility". You can enable/disable it under "Sharing" on System Preferences, look at the "Bluetooth sharing".

If someone wants to try out the iobtfamily.kext under DPX or 10.8.5, the download link is below. It doesn't seems to be GM stock kext, since it still has my "Orange tag".

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7docch4grqdn781/cl1z8q-lMX

I have cheap bluetooth dongle but really cheap 0.50 cent. Cambrige Silicon Chipset. I bought this dongle on 2001. But now I ordered new bluetooth 4.0 Im waiting stil doesnt come; they say this bluetooth working out of box.

Here it is link; I will review when coming; But now my old cheap bluetooth dongle working perfect without any issue.

http://www.gmyle.com/collections/alfa-networking/products/low-energy-dual-mode-usb-micro-bluetooth-v4-0-bcm20702-chipset-dongle-adapter

• Like 1

Also tips for everyone. Don't use magicprefs this is the mother of the all problems... I clean install GM and installing my programs when I install magicprefs all bluetooth connections gone. I cant on/off or connecting again when I delete this program everthings come back.. I can on/off and connection again.

I can't disable it on a totally clean installed GM. Also I don't even heard about that magicpref thing.

Someone (I think TimeWalker was) said that my problem present because apple changed how the driver works. Apple implemented a power management thing into the kext which now checking the bluetooth dongle's power state. But my (and other people's who have the same issue) bluetooth dongle can't send information about it's power state. So the driver don't "knows" what is the bluetooth dongle's current power state. Apple should modify the driver by adding a rule into it: "if the btdongle is CSR(with the problematic firmware and such), then skip power state checking".

But I think they wouldn't do anything like this...

• Like 1