AppleHDA Patching in 10.9 Mavericks

nyolc8

149 posts in this topic

I know it is wrong

No, I think it is right, SHA1 of my file, matches the one listed on that site:
e2787b789f1887e21066bda6d294180488b03ce1  OSXUpdCombo10.8.5_12F17Seed.pkg

Ahhh, sorry, I understand you now.
Edited by biosed

HDMI is not related to onboard audio codex. 

Exactly, i am not sure why people think that HDMI gets its audio from the integrated ALC audio chip, i believe that HDMI in the GPU or CPU are standalone interfaces, for me for example when i go to audio devices in windows control panel i see 3 different audio devices, the onboard ALC, the one in the CPU itself which you can access through the HDMI port on the MB, and the one in the GPU which you could also access through the HDMI porst on the back of the graphics card. i think these three interfaces are completely independent and standalone and each has its own drivers/kext

As to the 10.8.5 kext i really have no idea as of yet because i don't have that version installed, i will install it and check it out, but i can not promise to do this soon, i also have an 8 series motherboard and a Haswell CPU, but i already installed 10.9, and might soon try 10.8.5 and see what i can do with the audio kext.

But since you guys already have a working 10.9 audio kext and since both versions are still in beta, what is the point of installing 10.8.5 over 10.9 at this point? is it supposed to be more mature/stable as in Developer Preview vs. beta?

• Like 1

Exactly, i am not sure why people think that HDMI gets its audio from the integrated ALC audio chip, i believe that HDMI in the GPU or CPU are standalone interfaces, for me for example when i go to audio devices in windows control panel i see 3 different audio devices, the onboard ALC, the one in the CPU itself which you can access through the HDMI port on the MB, and the one in the GPU which you could also access through the HDMI porst on the back of the graphics card. i think these three interfaces are completely independent and standalone and each has its own drivers/kext

As to the 10.8.5 kext i really have no idea as of yet because i don't have that version installed, i will install it and check it out, but i can not promise to do this soon, i also have an 8 series motherboard and a Haswell CPU, but i already installed 10.9, and might soon try 10.8.5 and see what i can do with the audio kext.

But since you guys already have a working 10.9 audio kext and since both versions are still in beta, what is the point of installing 10.8.5 over 10.9 at this point? is it supposed to be more mature/stable as in Developer Preview vs. beta?

No real reason for not installing 10.9, didn't really think about it tbh. Have you all the devices on your 8 seriers board working under DP2?

I did it for DP2 I did not even try to do this in DP1... so you must have wrong AppleHDA (or already patched...) use this one - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289812-applehda-patching-in-109-mavericks/?p=1928333

I have tried to reinstall it
I have concluded that it was used to OSX10.9 DP1
Thanks' so much
:D  :D

No, I think it is right, SHA1 of my file, matches the one listed on that site:
e2787b789f1887e21066bda6d294180488b03ce1  OSXUpdCombo10.8.5_12F17Seed.pkg

Ahhh, sorry, I understand you now.

Can you remove the web link to me.
It is illegal.
  • Like 1

Installed DP3, and now I can't patch AppleHDA... Even the ports not appearing in system profiler... which means there is something else than bin patch... I just copied my patched platforms.xml.zlib and layout12.xml.zlib from the previous applehda like before, but now it looks like it's not working. Is this problem only for me? I patched bin, patched applehdahardware info.plist, replaced platforms and layout. Did I miss something? I always made these modifications and now it just not working.

Edit: lol I just forgot to rebuild kernelcache :D Now it's working.

Hi guys. I noticed that some pop appeared after as system had waked up. To be more precisely, it appears, as it were, when sound is activating. Sound wheel, move to Trash, on the whole, any sound action makes one pop after sleep.

When I first got in touch with Mavericks, I thought that it was bug of the system as even with driver from ML, the situation was the same.

But now I already have DP3 and the problem remained and seems that it is not going to disappear.

As a result, I have a question. Is there only my problem or you have it either?

PS

Either with Clover, or with XPC, Chameleon the pop is alive and well.

At the ML I had no problem with that.

• Like 1

Is there only my problem or you have it either?

Common problem with non native audio codecs, particularly, Realtek.  Occurs not only after sleep, after mute and after a time of no audio.  In each case, the amplifier is set to low power.  When the amplifier powers up (wakes), a pop occurs.  Macpro3,1 sysdef does not power the amps down, therefore, no pops.  (see Help for patch IOAudioFamily speaker popping. - Sound - InsanelyMac Forum).  There are several 3rd party anti-pop solutions that simply keep audio powered up with an inaudible audio stream.  The pops only occur on the analog audio ports (Orange, the worst).  At this time, the best solution is digital audio: Optical, DP or HDMI.  I found ErmaC's ML AppleHDA binary path was the quietest..  Unfortunately, all the working Mavericks patches have pops in my testing.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Which method are you using to enable audio? are you using HDAEnabler or DSDT? i can upload my AppleHDA.kext which should work with your mobo and audio codec directly without any extra work, but you will need to enable audio and to rebuild your permissions and cache, do you know how to do that?

Could you upload the files i would need to get audio working on 10.8.5 for GA-Z87X-UD3H (ALC 898). I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of days now without any luck. I must have tried a dozen different kexts but nothing seems to work. What do you mean by enable audio? I know how to rebuild permissions and the kernelcache. Thanks!

So i tried this yesterday and i couldn't get the audio to work unfortunately. It's frustrating because everything else seems to work fine. Any other ideas regarding how i might fix this problem?

Serious lack of information.  What did you try? What happened? See Problem Reporting in Post #1 of the linked thread.  Reply with requested information.

Serious lack of information.  What did you try? What happened? See Problem Reporting in Post #1 of the linked thread.  Reply with requested information.

Hi toleda, 

Ok so i am running 10.8.4 on a gigabyte z87x-ud3h motherboard with 10.8.5 kernel. Everything seems to be working fine except the fact that audio is not working. Under System Report/Audio, it shows nothing under Devices and Audio ID: 0 under intel high definition audio. I followed your instructions (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290796-realtek-alc-applehda-audio-injection/) and since i don't have a dsdt for the motherboard, i installed HDAEnabler1. Then i patched my AppleHDA kext by followig the steps in toledaALC898_patch.txt. Still didn't work. I'll try again once i get back home. Am i missing something here?

Thanks!

Hi toleda, 

Ok so i am running 10.8.4 on a gigabyte z87x-ud3h motherboard with 10.8.5 kernel. Everything seems to be working fine except the fact that audio is not working. Under System Report/Audio, it shows nothing under Devices and Audio ID: 0 under intel high definition audio. I followed your instructions (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290796-realtek-alc-applehda-audio-injection/) and since i don't have a dsdt for the motherboard, i installed HDAEnabler1. Then i patched my AppleHDA kext by followig the steps in toledaALC898_patch.txt. Still didn't work. I'll try again once i get back home. Am i missing something here?

Thanks!

Yes.  AudioID: 0 means HDAEnabler1.kext was not installed properly.  Without a copy of IOReg, it is not possible to know what  else is wrong.

Yes.  AudioID: 0 means HDAEnabler1.kext was not installed properly.  Without a copy of IOReg, it is not possible to know what  else is wrong.

So i tried this again and this time i got it to work. Everything looks like the screenshots supplied in your guide. However, there is still no sound coming out. There is also a faint popping sound that keeps happening when the speakers are on. I have included a copy of IOReg along with console messages and a screenshot of system information/audio. Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d768paxcn6aa3ac/AppleHDADebug.zip

It would be great if you could take a look and tell me whats wrong. I am using the AppleHDA kext from 10.8.4 version 2.3.7fc4. Thanks!

It must come from the HDAEnabler1.kext itself, the person by the name Rene has just shared your works (I can tell by layout1) in another thread claiming his ALC892 now works, out of curiosity I downloaded the attachement and this is what I saw inside the enabler: http://cl.ly/image/3M1U2e2i2z1F

Which just begs to be layout-0 as there is zero data..

It must come from the HDAEnabler1.kext itself, the person by the name Rene has just shared your works (I can tell by layout1) in another thread claiming his ALC892 now works, out of curiosity I downloaded the attachement and this is what I saw inside the enabler: http://cl.ly/image/3M1U2e2i2z1F

I am not sure what you mean. I am new to all this :D Could you elaborate a little more?

I have included a copy of IOReg along with console messages and a screenshot of system information/audio. 

The IOReg is not useful.  Download IORegistryExplorer_v2.1 from toleda/audio_ALCInjection.  Save a copy and attach.

I downloaded the attachement and this is what I saw inside the enabler: http://cl.ly/image/3M1U2e2i2z1F

Xcode or Property List Editor: Show Raw Keys/Values

post-618506-0-18367200-1375397777_thumb.png

• Like 1

How are you verifying sound?

Just playing some songs on iTunes/Youtube. Initially i plugged the speakers in the green port but that didn't work. I tried all of the 6 ports on the back but none seem to deliver any sound. I can turn the volume up and down though lol

Just playing some songs on iTunes/Youtube. Initially i plugged the speakers in the green port but that didn't work. I tried all of the 6 ports on the back but none seem to deliver any sound. I can turn the volume up and down though lol

What did you select in System Preferences/Sound/Output?