AppleHDA Patching in 10.9 Mavericks

nyolc8

149 posts in this topic

Interesting, which binary patch did you use?

perl -pi -e 's|\x84\x19\xd4\x11|\x89\x08\xec\x10|g'

I have a shutdown script that handles everything automatically. It also replaces layout2.xml.zlib, Platforms.xml.zlib and the Info.plist on AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext.

Can you pls help with ALC898 (also known ALC899)

here is working patch for 10.8:

perl -pi -e 's|\xff\x87\xec\x1a\x0f\x8f\x53\x01|\x99\x08\xec\x10\x0f\x84\x2a\x01|g' "AppleHDA"
perl -pi -e 's|\xff\x87\xec\x1a\x0f\x8f\x2f\x01|\x99\x08\xec\x10\x0f\x84\x06\x01|g' "AppleHDA"
but I can not fine this values in 10.9  :(

Спасибо!

maybe you have and can share patch for you ALC898? thx

Give me AppleHDA which worked at ML

perl -pi -e 's|\x84\x19\xd4\x11|\x89\x08\xec\x10|g'
I have a shutdown script that handles everything automatically. It also replaces layout2.xml.zlib, Platforms.xml.zlib and the Info.plist on AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext.

Thanks for the info. One last question, well atually two: What is the source of your layout and Platform files and did you modify them for use with 10.9?

Thanks for the info. One last question, well atually two: What is the source of your layout and Platform files and did you modify them for use with 10.9?

I just use the ones made by Toleda without any modification.

Can you please specify if this really only happens with Clover UEFI and not with Clover EFI or other boot loaders?

Only Clover UEFI with AppleHDA 10.9 DP1/2 and AppleHDA 10.8.5 beta on my Z77X, ALC898.  I have no idea what would happen on ASUS boards.

Do you use layout3? I just see that I've changeв 1.2.3-layouts. So by this reason of it I put a question.

I used layout3 for HDMI audio with HD4000... but now I use layout1 but I do not think it's matter for patch?

patch was the same for all layouts its just different configs for HDMI outs...

for now I just use S/PDIF out

I used layout3 for HDMI audio with HD4000... but now I use layout1 but I do not think it's matter for patch?

patch was the same for all layouts its just different configs for HDMI outs...

for now I just use S/PDIF out

Your  PinConfig devided into 15 parts. It's better to have united part. I afraid I can't assemble correct pinconfig for Mavericks in this case.

I advise you to gain united pinconfig from the Windows and and unify  layout 1.2.3 to united the whole(I would make so).

Your  PinConfig devided into 15 parts. It's better to have united part. I afraid I can't assemble correct pinconfig for Mavericks in this case.

I advise you to gain united pinconfig from the Windows and and unify  layout 1.2.3 to united the whole(I would make so).

but what about patch? did you fine correct values to patch?

I will try make new PinConfig thx

• Like 1

Thx (good Thx) to all who did answer my question  :rolleyes:

after some read now I know how to patch AppleHDA myself  B)

for ALC898 it was too easy... just patch 8419d411 -> 9908ec10 (2 times if manually) and use old layoutXX.xml.zlib and Platforms.xml.zlib.

now I have fully working sound for 10.9!

also I did patch it with Boot-loader!!!

• Like 1

for ALC898 it was too easy... just patch 8419d411 -> 9908ec10 (2 times if manually) and use old layoutXX.xml.zlib and Platforms.xml.zlib.

Great you should also do so to not make patch again after each update.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290092-how-to-patch-applehda-with-the-help-of-bootloader/

hi all 

slice has solved the problem!!!

@Slice This is because of different Bus Speed. CloverEFI uses more precise timer to calculate FSB then UEFI.

A solution will be writing a manual value for BusSpeedkHz.

here http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?s=e2d0efbf1f271c86dc8bdc749280ca37&showtopic=2562&st=8940

thank for all,and slice you're awesome!!!!!

Edit: No more need Antipop!!!!

Ok i am pretty confused what i am doing wrong as i am new to OSX so i am not familiar with the kext environment, i will tell you guys the steps i am doing as i might be messing up somewhere without knowing, since i create and patch under windows and i am not sure if by doing this i am ruining the kext .. anyways this is what i do.

1- I install 10.9 DP1 from a USB created by MyHack then update to DP2

2- I run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and do the needed including installing the no DSDT ALC898 with the HDAEnabler1.kext and then install Chimera 2.1.1 to support my Haswell I5 and GTX780 Graphics at boot.

3- i take the AppleHDA.kext and put in a USB Drive with the Original AppleHDA.kext

4- I open the Original AppleHDA in Hex Workshop under windows and replace the pattern 8419d411 with 9908ec10 with two occurrences found and replaced 

5- I then take the layoutXX.xml.zlib and Platforms.xml.zlib from the old one created by [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and replace it inside the new AppleHDA.kext, i then boot back to OSX and place the new supposedly patched file in S/L/E

6- Finally i boot back in MyHack and run MyFix to rebuild the cache and then boot back to OSX 

Unfortunately after doing that i do not find the Audio Icon nor do i find any Audio device in system information and of course no audio, please indicated what i am doing wrong in the patching process as i have no clue what i am doing :)

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Ok i am pretty confused what i am doing wrong as i am new to OSX so i am not familiar with the kext environment, i will tell you guys the steps i am doing as i might be messing up somewhere without knowing, since i create and patch under windows and i am not sure if by doing this i am ruining the kext .. anyways this is what i do.

1- I install 10.9 DP1 from a USB created by MyHack then update to DP2

2- I run ##### and do the needed including installing the no DSDT ALC898 with the HDAEnabler1.kext and then install Chimera 2.1.1 to support my Haswell I5 and GTX780 Graphics at boot.

3- i take the AppleHDA.kext and put in a USB Drive with the Original AppleHDA.kext

4- I open the Original AppleHDA in Hex Workshop under windows and replace the pattern 8419d411 with 9908ec10 with two occurrences found and replaced 

5- I then take the layoutXX.xml.zlib and Platforms.xml.zlib from the old one created by ##### and replace it inside the new AppleHDA.kext, i then boot back to OSX and place the new supposedly patched file in S/L/E

6- Finally i boot back in MyHack and run MyFix to rebuild the cache and then boot back to OSX 

Unfortunately after doing that i do not find the Audio Icon nor do i find any Audio device in system information and of course no audio, please indicated what i am doing wrong in the patching process as i have no clue what i am doing :)

Thanks a bunch in advance.

you forgot about AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver Info.plist...

with HDAEnabler1 you XX in layoutXX.xml.zlib should be I think 1

but I always for DSDT!!!

• Like 1

you forgot about AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver Info.plist...

with HDAEnabler1 you XX in layoutXX.xml.zlib should be I think 1

but I always for DSDT!!!

Hey, thanks for your reply. i really tried all that stuff but still i can not get it to work, i even tried taking the AppleHDA for DP1 after patching it and replaced the ML known to work kext with it and left everything as it is but again sound disappears, as to the AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext i really did not know what to do with it, and all the online tutorial i could find are old and not very understandable, can you please share your patched file with me, or give me more details how to do it because i am getting really frustrated here.

Thank you very much