Mountain Lion (iATKOS ML2) on M68M-S2P Stuck at Boot.

marl

3 posts in this topic

Hiya devs, this is my first attempt installing OSX on AMD PC. Unfortunately, it's old motherboard and doesn't support for AHCI. But you can ignore it since I patched the installer with ApplenForceATA and AHCIExtendedInjector. I also use amd_kernel by Andy Vandjick. 

skip...skip...skip..

I have installed iATKOS ML2 on my SATA HDD and using "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v" when boot the installer.

My problem is, I do not know how to boot it normally. It only boot with "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v -x" and since it's safe boot mode. I can't use a couple device on my motherboard, right? I get only 3MB VGA :|

I got this when boot using "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v"

DHNNJ0U.jpg

it doesn't matter if I use PCIRootUID=1/0, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No in addition.

I have wait this for about 20 minutes. Still no changes.

What I keep in mind is: "As long the led keep blinking while pressing caps lock for several times, it's still processing"

I don't mind to read more thread / pages. Just gimme the link :)

Thanks in advance.

Update:

I followed @artur-pt suggestion, post in there and get solution from @roon83.

@marl boot in safe mode and disable all the nVidia, ATI and inteI graphics kexts in your S/L/E.

So, I boot into safe mode, remove all ATI*, AppleIntel*,GeForce* and NVD* from S/L/E.

and boot normally.

Ta Daaa..... My graphics card detected!

but I planned to find better graphics card because my current is only 256MB which is poor for 10.8 user experience.

Thanks Devs!

Marl.

hello

here is the right place to u questions

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/318-amd-development/

good hack

Thanks for your quick response!

I want post there at the first place. But I thought it only for development purpose.

I don't mind to repost this thread but is it okay make it redundant?

or maybe....since you are moderator...would you mind to.... move it for me? Please..  :blush: