[Success] HP ProBook 4x30s 4x40s

ryman

144 posts in this topic

Isn't installing OS X on a non-Apple hardware against Apple EULA in the first place?

Yes, but that you do in relative privacy.  Distributing portions of NDA builds, not so private...

For Apple HDA I replaced the lib and plist files with the ones out of the old AppleHDA for 10.8.4 and patched the binary using B.C.`s patch-hda.1.1 script. For AppleIntelCPIPowerManagement I used this patch: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1003

Oh, I see. I'm asking because I've implemented a new OS X support options in the last two beta versions of the Installer, which are patch-based (bcc9's AppleHDA patch 2.0 and el coniglio's AICPM patch, improved by RehabMan) and I was wondering if there could be another way. BTW, by removing the old OS X support options from the Installer (pre-patched kexts based), the Installer became arond 6 MB smaller.

• 2 weeks later...

i did that until a new patched files out, but they are the same, no version changes.

Patch to IO80211Family.kext or PlugIns is never necessary (for Atheros 9285).

ProBook Installer will patch AppleHDA.kext for you.

Hey guys,

I`m changing my ProBooks display at the moment. I will update ProBook.ZIP in a few days, but I think you just have to patch AppleHDA as RehabMan said and maybe AICPM.kext.

The current version of the ProBook Installer (6.1.4) will patch both for you.  No need to do manual patching or anything.

You will want to install as normal, then run ProBook Installer as normal, then install the latest GenericUSBXHCI (until the ProBook Installer is updated with the latest).

Yeah, guys, you haven't heard this from me ;) , but the latest ProBook Installer supports Mavericks unofficially (with the settings for 10.8, of course).

Note that there isn't any version specific selections in the current version of the ProBook Installer... :-)

• Like 1

For Apple HDA I replaced the lib and plist files with the ones out of the old AppleHDA for 10.8.4 and patched the binary using B.C.`s patch-hda.1.1 script. For AppleIntelCPIPowerManagement I used this patch: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1003

Hey thanks for the tip about patching AppleHDA, I done what you said and now I have audio, but on 10.8 I had HDMI audio working with AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext do I need to patch this kext too to receive HDMI audio using the same method you said? Also I have lost my mic too, in System Preferences > Sound > Input > "No input devices found", is this because I didn't patch correctly?  

EDIT: In System Information > Hardware > Audio, I have the following: 

Devices:

Built-in Output:

Default Output Device: Yes

Default System Output Device: Yes

Manufacturer: Apple Inc.

Output Channels: 2

Current SampleRate: 44100

Transport: Built-in

Built-in Output:

Default Output Device: Yes

Default System Output Device: Yes

Manufacturer: Apple Inc.

Output Channels: 2

Current SampleRate: 44100

Transport: Built-in

Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 28

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

External Microphone / iPhone Headset:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Internal Microphone:

HDMI / DisplayPort Output:

Connection: Display

Speaker:

External Microphone / iPhone Headset:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Internal Microphone:

HDMI / DisplayPort Output:

Connection: Display

So it seems it is getting recognised, don't you agree? 

Yeah, guys, you haven't heard this from me ;) , but the latest ProBook Installer supports Mavericks unofficially (with the settings for 10.8, of course).

That sound nice. It looks like my work is over now. Let`s wait for Mavericks GM!

That sound nice. It looks like my work is over now. Let`s wait for Mavericks GM!

Maybe so, but we still need testers. RehabMan is the only one who has tested it on Mavericks so far. Maybe you could join him too. You can download the latest Installer at the usual places (my Dropbox space and the mirror @ BitBucket).

Although some parts of the ProBook Installer can be used on other HP laptops, the ProBook Installer itself is specific to the HP ProBoook 4x30s and 4x40s laptops.  Any other laptop requires special procedures for installing.

Maybe so, but we still need testers. RehabMan is the only one who has tested it on Mavericks so far. Maybe you could join him too. You can download the latest Installer at the usual places (my Dropbox space and the mirror @ BitBucket).

My new 1080p display will hopefully arrive tomorrow. If so I can test the new PBI and report back to you guys. Before installation I will change back all kexts to vanilla versions to preclude problems with my patched kexts.

Hello!

This is my first post, just want to give something back to the community.

Installed 10.9 dp8 today! Works perfect!

Did this:

-installed 10.9 dp1 with myhack

-rebooted via USB installer (U.Beast w. 10.8.4)

-installed Probook installer 6.1.6 as usual

-rebooted, everything works!

-Updated with software update 10.9 dp2 to dp8. Just restarted after each update. Just from HD, no USB. No Probook installer between updates.

After latest update (10.9 dp8), i ran the Probook installer 6.1.6 again. And all is good!

Thanks for your help

Sinc

Slarsah

Hello!

This is my first post, just want to give something back to the community.

Installed 10.9 dp8 today! Works perfect!

Did this:

-installed 10.9 dp1 with myhack

-rebooted via USB installer (U.Beast w. 10.8.4)

-installed Probook installer 6.1.6 as usual

-rebooted, everything works!

-Updated with software update 10.9 dp2 to dp8. Just restarted after each update. Just from HD, no USB. No Probook installer between updates.

After latest update (10.9 dp8), i ran the Probook installer 6.1.6 again. And all is good!

Thanks for your help

Sinc

Slarsah

Just FYI: From your description I gather that myHack is installing NullCPUPowerManagement somewhere.  Otherwise you would not be able to boot without the USB after an AppStore based update.  As a result power management on your laptop is broken and your battery life will be very short.  Either that, or there is some kind of live patching of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Just FYI: From your description I gather that myHack is installing NullCPUPowerManagement somewhere.  Otherwise you would not be able to boot without the USB after an AppStore based update.  As a result power management on your laptop is broken and your battery life will be very short.  Either that, or there is some kind of live patching of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Fast reply:)

Ok, so how do I fix this? Do I need to fix it?