Pandora's Box (Beta 2 Testing)

Marchrius

351 posts in this topic

Hi Micky1979,

Let me say first you did one of most amazing pieces of software. 

But I am here to tell you what's not so clean (apparently! I may be wrong or misunderstanding the facts).

I've got a HD with two partitions. On the first on is my ML reference installation. On the second I installed a new ML with Pandora. All went very good with the old Pandora version. When using the very last one, the installation process "sees" my other ML installation and states the question if I want to re-install. When saying yes (all other alternatives make no sense) then it complains it cannot use my (legally purchased) MLInstall file.

This did not happen with the first Pandora version. Am I doing anything wrong?

hi...

seems my ga z68 doesn't like to make a Pandora's installer...

I did a fight during 3 days trying to make an installer...for 10.9.... usb issues,can't restore,pendrivers issues,and so on...then I move to another rig with foxconn h67 with i3 and gt220

I used the installESD (inside 10.9 mavericks)  to drag to pandora's and a pen drive guid formatted ,with1 partition, after choose "retail"and made some customizes with "post Install' like GE=y,  nullcpu..,etc

at least I can reach the install screen to choose english..and so on...looking for a hd to install...let's see

"it is easy when we know" (or learn) :D

Pandora's beta2 should be Pandora's 1.0 or we 'll gona have Pandora's beta 3, 4,5...like osx...   osx 10.8.0,..1,2,3,severals beta4,5... :thumbsup_anim:

nice work Micky...

c.frio

Yes! 

And thanks in advance!

Thanks to you, now I understand why you do not have the Extra folder. So this is not a bug, but simply can not use Pandora on a Virtual Machine!
You can make a DVD, and burn him even from Windows!

Micky

- so i repost to be sure : on macbook pro retina i was not able at all to start the pandora process of creating usb stick no matter what i did. wouldn't update, i trashed the app, didn't resintal on this machine

- on a hackintosh i create stick, everything went fine so i can report success instal on Z77-UP5 TH. this is the system as is i'm going to use from now on.

(just  i've tried retail instal first, instead of pandora system, i couldn't reboot )

but the the audio driver 898 is missing from the config menu, next beta ?

Guys, we're trying to make profound changes to Pandora, so I think the next version will be a "Test version".

Who wants to participate in the tests, will be thanked in the credits system included in Pandora. It 's very important that those who have had problems, try again, so we will know if we have goals.
Within two or three days I hope will be available ...

- so i repost to be sure : on macbook pro retina i was not able at all to start the pandora process of creating usb stick no matter what i did. wouldn't update, i trashed the app, didn't resintal on this machine

- on a hackintosh i create stick, everything went fine so i can report success instal on Z77-UP5 TH. this is the system as is i'm going to use from now on.

(just  i've tried retail instal first, instead of pandora system, i couldn't reboot )

but the the audio driver 898 is missing from the config menu, next beta ?

For Audio ALC 898, we need a patched files as Patform.xml and layout.xml (.zlib  for >= 10.8) + info.plist file.
Patching the binary on the fly is not a problem, but the base file must be found. Who have a working  AppleHDA.kext can propose its files, or indicate who made ​​patch.
Of course, my colleagues and I do not have all the hardware needed to be tested, so all users can propose everything, and I will put into Pandora (Sure that at least you will have been established, its operation).
Another problem is that serve files running in OS X lion, but also in Mountain Lion if different. For Mavericks, from what I could see in DP1, we can use the same patches using in ML (this may be different in future Developers Preview..???)

If Pandora is not running in a real Mac, the only thing that makes me think, is that they lack some Command Lines, but this is to be verified ..

also the file org.chameleon.Boot.plist has bad owner, i couldn't open it, so i had to modify its privilege

The first time you login in to OS X created with Pandora, the Extra folder (and all its files) are located in the root of the disk, and then they are like all other files that are there. As it is written inside HELP, the first time you log-in to OS X you have to repair permissions with option included in post-install under "OSx Maintenance."

Micky

I am working from a Pro Mac 1.1 and Pandora worked well installing on a 16gig scan disk.  Somehow I got a bonus when creating this disk (a file folder called Mac OSX Install EDS).  Did not know what to do with the folder it made so I burnt it to a DVD.  The stick has the Pandora icon on it and it installed files. What do I do with the file Install EDS?? I have not tried an install from the Pandora stick yet as I am waiting for the CPU to get here next week..... will update once I try the install.  I am using MB... Z77X-UP5-TH  CPU  i7-3770K 

Pandora installed the following files on the stick. Does this look right?  I have been a Mac user since Jan 1985 (128K Mac) have not messed with windows so all this code thing is new to me. My Pro Mac is dying so I need to make this work very soon.

Guys, I redid the script in a different way, but I still have doubts. You can test this?

Put Pandora.app, you already have, to your desktop and open it, but without doing anything else. After, open a Terminal.app and copy/paste this command:

sudo ~/Desktop/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/MLionize.sh

this open the creation of your media (though with the settings you have chosen, so please be sure that they are the right ones).

Let me know if it works

Micky

hi micky1979

you mean ..the pandora box I downloaded or the device prepared ((usb pen drive) that show a small icon as a banner?

if is the pandora box I downloaded it return me this..

" Do you want to include your file: RecoveryHDUpdate.dmg, ACPI tables (dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml etc..), or your own custom smbios.plist?

> 
"
under  the title "pandora  lionizer etc..."

c.frio

you mean ..the pandora box I downloaded

Yep I mean to launch Pandora application from the command posted, to create a new USB media installation..

Put Pandora.app, you already have, to your desktop and open it, but without doing anything else. After, open a Terminal.app and copy/paste this command:

sudo ~/Desktop/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/MLionize.sh

so, from this:

" Do you want to include your file: RecoveryHDUpdate.dmg, ACPI tables (dsdt.amlssdt.aml etc..), or your own custom smbios.plist?

> 

type Y or N and continue until all is done...

Micky

hi..

ah..ok Micky...

this change is supose to fix what?

what shall I expect with this command?

of course create the pen installer,but anything else?

'cause I did create  it with the original pandora's box beta2,with mavericks..had to make some adjustments after...and did not explored mavericks too much..waiting for the final version..just testing boot,video,..basic things...

c.frio

- i trashed the pandora app on my macbook retina, reinstal and update, then i was able to create usb stick. my older app might have got corrupted

- i installed pandora on a gigabyte Z77N-Wifi, first instal i got freeze on desktop after rebbot installing audio/network drivers

so i reinstalled evrything, and to step by step installs. it's working.

but i still have the problem with the extra folder, not good privileges, i did repair permissions in post instal like 3 times and reboot , still the same

i put realteck ethernet drivers,rebooting ok

but when installing audio codec ALC892 i had problems, the installer failed to instal it 2 times, after reboot did instal once, but sound is not working, tried to reinstall installer fails.

(installed wih mult1b34st it works)

one other thing is bothering me a bit : when rebooting i see the desktop, but the mouse is frozen for like 3-4 seconds, i have to wait, my other instals don't do that.

otherwise it's working great and simple to instal, congratulations and thanks a lot !!!

- i trashed the pandora app on my macbook retina, reinstal and update, then i was able to create usb stick. my older app might have got corrupted

- i installed pandora on a gigabyte Z77N-Wifi, first instal i got freeze on desktop after rebbot installing audio/network drivers

so i reinstalled evrything, and to step by step installs. it's working.

but i still have the problem with the extra folder, not good privileges, i did repair permissions in post instal like 3 times and reboot , still the same

i put realteck ethernet drivers,rebooting ok

but when installing audio codec ALC892 i had problems, the installer failed to instal it 2 times, after reboot did instal once, but sound is not working, tried to reinstall installer fails.

(installed wih mult1b34st it works)

one other thing is bothering me a bit : when rebooting i see the desktop, but the mouse is frozen for like 3-4 seconds, i have to wait, my other instals don't do that.

otherwise it's working great and simple to instal, congratulations and thanks a lot !!!

In the root of your installation you should find the installation log made by Pandora:

log.png

can you show me it?

Micky

I am working from a Pro Mac 1.1 and Pandora worked well installing on a 16gig scan disk.  Somehow I got a bonus when creating this disk (a file folder called Mac OSX Install EDS).  Did not know what to do with the folder it made so I burnt it to a DVD. 

Mac OSx Install ESD its a mounted Volume or a real folder? what icon? can you post a pic of it?

hi..

ah..ok Micky...

this change is supose to fix what?

what shall I expect with this command?

of course create the pen installer,but anything else?

'cause I did create  it with the original pandora's box beta2,with mavericks..had to make some adjustments after...and did not explored mavericks too much..waiting for the final version..just testing boot,video,..basic things...

c.frio

Pandora is in Beta testing, so when there is a problem, ask those who want to participate in the development, to do testing.

Beta in computer science means that the software is not final, because there are things to be corrected if they do not fit. This topic serves this purpose.

The command I posted, is to do manually start (instead of pressing the button on the Pandora.app interface) to create DVD or USB installer.
Taking the steps to create a new key, I would have said if everything went OK, or not. I asked to do this thing, based on of my suggestions to see if the problem goes away (because doing as I told there are some things that can affect proper operation).
Apple also distributes Mavericks as DP1 (Developer Preview  1 = Beta 1), and this means that those who try, after giving feedback to correct things that do not work:

Apple do after DP2, DP3 and maybe 4, to get to the stable software !
If no one do test  and returns "particular", it is impossible to correct, and this happens for us too!

Micky

Hello Mickey
You step output terminal
Test with 10.9 DP1 and ML 10.8.3

Fabio

Hi Fabio, you threw it all with terminal command? => sudo ~/Desktop/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/MLionize.sh

Micky

In the root of your installation you should find the installation log made by Pandora:

can you show me it?

ooops  sorry trashed them :(

i read some, it says that it was fixing permissions, but it didn"t work for the extra folder

ooops  sorry trashed them :(

i read some, it says that it was fixing permissions, but it didn"t work for the extra folder

Ok thanks, see if there is anything to be corrected in that "section"!

Micky

hi

I prepared  two stick installers..MAVERICKS DP1

one with the standard approach of pandora beta 2 (create installer) and the second one with the "sudo ~/Desktop/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/MLionize.sh" 

did an install with the second one  on a 500gb hd partition ,had to use post installation tools after, using it now..using wifi for while....rt73 lion...

foxconn h61 ,i3 2015,nvidia 220,10 usb ports  dongle

seems working ok...

if it helps....

c.frio

• Like 1

What OpenCL patches Pandora applies? I need their description and link.

Thanks. 

You can find it in the "choices" description, link to Insanelynac Topic or Netkas site.

Not tested in 10.9, only in Lion and ML

Micky

Hi guys, 

I have tried various methods and procedures to get Mountain Lion installed on my HP Elitebook 2570p (integrated HD4000) graphics...  (note this is a laptop not a desktop...it has an LCD screen, a VGA port and a Display port)

Each time I have come across the issue that if I do not boot with the flag GraphicsEnabler=No,  Then the laptop screen will go blank (black) after the initial Apple logo screen (with spinning wheel)..  I have spent literally hours, trying to get the internal display to work to absolutely no avail (string injection, Chamelon etc etc)   

When I do boot with GraphicsEnabler = No.... The system loads but its stuck at the 1024 x 768 resolution with no option to change it.

I see that Pandoras box 2 changlog indicates that it sets boot kernel flags for HD3000 /4000 graphics.  Does this mean it should automatically detect my HD4000 and make the internal display work without all the drama I have experienced previously ?  Or will i still need to edit plists etc etc?

Whilst we are on the topic...when the screen goes black I find that I have no way of rebooting the system without physically holding down the power button and chopping the power. Does anyone know of a friendlier way to reboot the system whilst it is in this state as im concerned I am gradually damaging my components shutting down this way (I must have done it about 500 times now whilst trying to get the internal HD4000 be detected).

As mentioned in another place, GraphicsEnabler must be Set to Yes to use HD4000 ig-platform injection by Enoch.

Unfortunately, there is no auto detect for this, so any ig be tested.

I remember Discrete video cards, like Nvidia may compromise boot, so you need to delete the GeForce.kext in a  Ivy or Sandy Bridge Laptop.

Micky

Guys, sorry for the delay, but unfortunately I've been busy with my beach holidays :) (unfortunately ended), so yesterday I finished a new build with some bugfixes.
Please read and try

Pandora TEST version is available here: post #2

Micky