Pandora's Box (Beta 2 Testing)

Marchrius

351 posts in this topic

How do I tell you where the app crashes?

Tried running on both of my machines to creat an installer USB.

It fails to create the install USB.

This happens right after the restore of the base system and before it copies the additional applications / packages.

I am unable to show you exactly at what script step it crashes.

I have a similar problem, the app crash when i drag the USB device in window.

Pandora  and 10.9 app is in Applications

Initially I used Pandora direct from the downloads folder.

Then after seeing this I wiped my thumb drive again and repeated after dragging Pandora into the Applications folder.

Both times same result - It would not recognise I had enough space on the USB drive until I formatted to 2 partitions - then went like a dream.

I am working with Mavericks, the official DP1 installer, which was installed by the App Store into my Applications folder of my MacBook Air. The MBA itself is running 10.7.5.

Oh, sorry MiniHack the question was not directed to you (I was writing from my SmartPhone this morning, and I was not aware of your posts), I was asking to user esmith1977.

I think Pandora.app (for now) must be into Application folder, and Install app (or InsatllESD.dmg) into Desktop, but not on another partition or hard disk.

Micky

How do I tell you where the app crashes?

Tried running on both of my machines to creat an installer USB.

It fails to create the install USB.

This happens right after the restore of the base system and before it copies the additional applications / packages.

I am unable to show you exactly at what script step it crashes.

The solution to this for me was to extract the installesd.dmg from the mavericks dmg and put in on the desktop and then use that to do the install.

Initially I used Pandora direct from the downloads folder.

Then after seeing this I wiped my thumb drive again and repeated after dragging Pandora into the Applications folder.

Both times same result - It would not recognise I had enough space on the USB drive until I formatted to 2 partitions - then went like a dream.

I am working with Mavericks, the official DP1 installer, which was installed by the App Store into my Applications folder of my MacBook Air. The MBA itself is running 10.7.5.

I can confirm creating 2 partitions one of which is 8gb works with usb drive for me.

Edited by lonespeaker

Regretably my installer does not seem to be working. Tried with ML as well as Mav. The USB stick does not seem to be seen as bootable as when set as first boot device my board ignored it and moved on to next disk.

I then re-partitioned as 1 partition and tried another well known installer (!) and that created the USB installer correctly which then was recognised properly by my board and went on to install 10.8.4 properly.

Will continue to act as a willing tester though for Pandora and keep up the good work.

Guys, is going to get an update (I think an hour), with some things corrected with the problems encountered in this Topic.

As soon as you see him try to update the app that you have already downloaded (will not be in the Download section)

Micky

Guys, is going to get an update (I think an hour), with some things corrected with the problems encountered in this Topic.

As soon as you see him try to update the app that you have already downloaded (will not be in the Download section)

Micky

Ok , waiting for new release ....mhmm

hi

I'm trying download pandora test 2 but having issues with the zip...

even the update over the previous pandora download give me error...

c.frio

Hi,
you can do a reboot of your PC/router?
I just downloaded Pandora from the download section, and updated it from his Preferences panel (download from another place), all ok!

Micky

Hi,
you can do a reboot of your PC/router?
I just downloaded Pandora from the download section, and updated it from his Preferences panel (download from another place), all ok!

Micky

hi...

done..downloaded..

thanks..

c.frio

MICKY1979 hello I'm your last test installer, I found the version 1 very well, and you've done a very good job

but with version 2 I can not seem to do the work just keeps spreading after the copy on the USB key and before transferring Packages folder

with 10.9 it works with 10.8.4 but it does not work I tried two different computer

post-118430-0-02489700-1371882449_thumb.jpg

MICKY1979 hello I'm your last test installer, I found the version 1 very well, and you've done a very good job

but with version 2 I can not seem to do the work just keeps spreading after the copy on the USB key and before transferring Packages folder
with 10.9 it works with 10.8.4 but it does not work I tried two different computer

Please update Pandora, Just error that you see has been resolved.

Micky

Can I use this to install Mavericks DP1 on an MBR drive?

Best,

wws12

Not yet, surely this afternoon!

Micky

Please update Pandora, Just error that you see has been resolved.

Micky

Updated Pandora, tried to create USB 10.9 but same issue than gerard71

(Tried in HD with 10.9 and in HD with ML10.8.4, Pandora and 10.9 apps in Applications folder)

ok i succeeds in doing worked, the software does not work when it was going to get him even install OS X Lion Mountain in the Applications folder

I had to install OS X Mountain Lion on another hard drive

the software ask me for ilne not found, I put on the window to the specified location and it worked

dart = 0 does not work in the options instalation

post-118430-0-75824600-1371888072_thumb.jpg

post-118430-0-77027700-1371888084_thumb.jpg

ok i succeeds in doing worked, the software does not work when it was going to get him even install OS X Lion Mountain in the Applications folder
I had to install OS X Mountain Lion on another hard drive
the software ask me for ilne not found, I put on the window to the specified location and it worked

Ok thanks, important to know..

dart = 0 does not work in the options instalation

Not work, or give error?

Micky

I was able to update successfully from the menu.

I am now able to create the installer on my 16GB USB without having to create 2 partitions.

However, still my USB stick is not seen as bootable and am getting can't find Mach kernel.

Can you run this in Terminal and post the result?

ls /Volumes/Pandora\ Installer

with your USB Stick attached..

Micky

Okay, so it is not renaming my stick - name gets listed as simply OSX Base System and here is the output for that:

BaseSystem.chunklist System
BaseSystem.dmg boot.efi
Install OS X Mountain Lion.app kernelcache
Library mach_kernel
Packages usr

I'm next going to copy over the DP1 to my hack which is on 10.8.3 and try from there with a fresh Pandora install.