very good, try it with Pandora
Preparation usb 15 minutes, 22 minutes installation is finished

Fabio

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,209 posts
Hey friend sorry for OT , but GM it is a ufficial maverics ...?

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,044 posts

hi

i don't think so..

c.frio

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 1,593 posts

Hey friend sorry for OT , but GM it is a ufficial maverics ...?

hi

i don't think so..

c.frio

Yes :)

GM = Golden Master, it will be the same as that put in the Apple Store.

...at least historically has always been the case.

Micky

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,044 posts

hi micky

I understood he wants to say "Unofficial" instead "Official'

I agree with you..

c.frio

and the project..? .may can fix the NON gigabyte bios issues...

ghajini08

ghajini08

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Hi @Micky1979,

I have attached my logs as you asked. However, since the last time I posted, GM build went up and so I decided to see for myself how the probable final build would work out. So once again I decided to create a new Pandoras box installer from scratch (mainly for the purpose of writing a guide).

I used the GM build, the same 8gb usb stick which worked for me on the DP1 build and the same laptop on which I had installed the DP1 build of Mavericks. I don't know if these are bugs per se, but they sure are annoyances.

1) While installing if I select modules relating to C libraries in the installer, the installer just quits when you hit the install button with the error "Keylayout_tiles" missing. I have no other option but to restart. Could not save a log for this as it just happens too quickly.

2) Weird behaviour by the installer: If you notice the screenshot I have attached, well this behaviour continues into the usb stick too. Let me explain.

As you can see in the screenshot, even though nothing is selected, the "-' is still there in the initial box. Well, lets just say you decide to click that box once more...it turns into a tick, but if you click it again it gets deselcted. Apparently both the installer and post installer hate this. The installation will invariably fail. It should be there in the logs I posted.  I tried this out many times over to confirm it.  Deselecting "all" options ...even if you are doing it on purpose to save all the hard work for a post install.... will cause the install to fail .....The same happens in a post install.

3) A peculiar behaviour with Pandoras Box usb creator.     If you need to use a usb stick and lets say this stick is already a GPT enabled usb stick with a single HFS+ partition on it ...... You still have to Re-partition it in Disk utility or the installation will fail with an error while copying saying that "xxxxxx files do not exist".

Thats it. I still say this installer is really beats everything else, especially the one from the other site ;)

PS: Remember in my last post I said that AICPUPM panics. Yes it does ....only if I select it from the installation menu. The same kext when installed during post installation and after deleting Nullcpupm works perfectly. Although I had to rollback ACPiPlatform for the purpose of the batterymanager kext.

Attached Files

scott_donald

scott_donald

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

without reading 16 pages... has anyone had success with a haswell board yet using this???

Fabio1971

Fabio1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 6,338 posts
Tested on motherboard MSI X79A-GD45 (8d) with Pandora

OS X Maverick 10.9

Script options: Desktop, with WifiInjector.kext

No need to install the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Fabio

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,593 posts

I know, on x79 :).

@magnifico made ​​the discovery a few days ago.

Micky

Hi @Micky1979,

I have attached my logs as you asked. However, since the last time I posted, GM build went up and so I decided to see for myself how the probable final build would work out. So once again I decided to create a new Pandoras box installer from scratch (mainly for the purpose of writing a guide).

I used the GM build, the same 8gb usb stick which worked for me on the DP1 build and the same laptop on which I had installed the DP1 build of Mavericks. I don't know if these are bugs per se, but they sure are annoyances.

1) While installing if I select modules relating to C libraries in the installer, the installer just quits when you hit the install button with the error "Keylayout_tiles" missing. I have no other option but to restart. Could not save a log for this as it just happens too quickly.

2) Weird behaviour by the installer: If you notice the screenshot I have attached, well this behaviour continues into the usb stick too. Let me explain.

As you can see in the screenshot, even though nothing is selected, the "-' is still there in the initial box. Well, lets just say you decide to click that box once more...it turns into a tick, but if you click it again it gets deselcted. Apparently both the installer and post installer hate this. The installation will invariably fail. It should be there in the logs I posted.  I tried this out many times over to confirm it.  Deselecting "all" options ...even if you are doing it on purpose to save all the hard work for a post install.... will cause the install to fail .....The same happens in a post install.

3) A peculiar behaviour with Pandoras Box usb creator.     If you need to use a usb stick and lets say this stick is already a GPT enabled usb stick with a single HFS+ partition on it ...... You still have to Re-partition it in Disk utility or the installation will fail with an error while copying saying that "xxxxxx files do not exist".

Thats it. I still say this installer is really beats everything else, especially the one from the other site ;)

PS: Remember in my last post I said that AICPUPM panics. Yes it does ....only if I select it from the installation menu. The same kext when installed during post installation and after deleting Nullcpupm works perfectly. Although I had to rollback ACPiPlatform for the purpose of the batterymanager kext.

"Keylayout_tiles" is invisible and not used options, it is strange that gives error. However I have at this time, eliminated all hidden options to avoid this error.

Now the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement  patch always works (in during or post installation, in Lion, ML or in Mavericks)

I have to give to  @C.Frio a new version (not a Beta, but RC 1 version), you also want to test it for me?

Micky

Fabio

I'll send a copy of Pandora RC 1 also to you :)

Micky

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,209 posts

Micky

Now the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement  patch always works (in during or post installation, in Lion, ML or in Mavericks)

Micky

Micky

miky on Maverics dont need ACPM patch ...but only native ACPM

On Maverics of course

PS:

Talking one day with Fabio, I told him I wanted to try to remove the NULL cpu, and he immediately agree my thought

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,593 posts
You know that I have not tried it on my system if it works??
Now I try now and let you know. I thought it was only for x79, but who knows ...

..reboting

--------
Sai che non ho provato sul mio sistema se funziona???
Ora provo subito e faccio sapere. Pensavo fosse solo per x79, ma chissa...

riavvio

Micky

Fabio1971

Fabio1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 6,338 posts
I'll send a copy of Pandora RC 1 also to you

With pleasure do the test

Fabio

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,209 posts

You know that I have not tried it on my system if it works??
Now I try now and let you know. I thought it was only for x79, but who knows ...

..reboting

--------
Sai che non ho provato sul mio sistema se funziona???
Ora provo subito e faccio sapere. Pensavo fosse solo per x79, ma chissa...

riavvio

Micky

trusted ....

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,593 posts

Kernel Panic  :hysterical:

So only for your Motherboard/Chipset/CPU  :P

Micky

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,209 posts

Kernel Panic  :hysterical:

So only for your Motherboard/Chipset/CPU  :P

Micky

Lol ....but you have again pc the age of the dinosaurs......ahhhhhahhhh

Ps: return on topic , sorry for before

poispois

poispois

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Hi,

How can I remove the fbrotate that Pandora's Box installed? 

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,593 posts

Hi,

How can I remove the fbrotate that Pandora's Box installed? 

Just re-run Pandora's Box,  choosing the option again (install if there is no / uninstall if present). You can see this from the log file is on your desktop.

Micky

poispois

poispois

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Just re-run Pandora's Box,  choosing the option again (install if there is no / uninstall if present). You can see this from the log file is on your desktop.

Micky

That did the trick. Thank you and thanks to the community also.

ghajini08

ghajini08

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Micky

"Keylayout_tiles" is invisible and not used options, it is strange that gives error. However I have at this time, eliminated all hidden options to avoid this error.

I have to give to  @C.Frio a new version (not a Beta, but RC 1 version), you also want to test it for me?

Micky

Micky

@Micky1979, Yes why not. Do send me a copy. I will test it for you :) Am glad to help out.

miky on Maverics dont need ACPM patch ...but only native ACPM

On Maverics of course

PS:

Talking one day with Fabio, I told him I wanted to try to remove the NULL cpu, and he immediately agree my thought

I will also test it out. Lets see if it KPs or not.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pandoras Box, Pandora, OS X Install, Beta 2

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy