Pandora's Box (Beta 2 Testing)

Marchrius

351 posts in this topic

Hey friend sorry for OT , but GM it is a ufficial maverics ...?

hi

i don't think so..

c.frio

Yes :)

GM = Golden Master, it will be the same as that put in the Apple Store.

...at least historically has always been the case.

Micky

• Like 1

Hi @Micky1979,

I have attached my logs as you asked. However, since the last time I posted, GM build went up and so I decided to see for myself how the probable final build would work out. So once again I decided to create a new Pandoras box installer from scratch (mainly for the purpose of writing a guide).

I used the GM build, the same 8gb usb stick which worked for me on the DP1 build and the same laptop on which I had installed the DP1 build of Mavericks. I don't know if these are bugs per se, but they sure are annoyances.

1) While installing if I select modules relating to C libraries in the installer, the installer just quits when you hit the install button with the error "Keylayout_tiles" missing. I have no other option but to restart. Could not save a log for this as it just happens too quickly.

2) Weird behaviour by the installer: If you notice the screenshot I have attached, well this behaviour continues into the usb stick too. Let me explain.

As you can see in the screenshot, even though nothing is selected, the "-' is still there in the initial box. Well, lets just say you decide to click that box once more...it turns into a tick, but if you click it again it gets deselcted. Apparently both the installer and post installer hate this. The installation will invariably fail. It should be there in the logs I posted.  I tried this out many times over to confirm it.  Deselecting "all" options ...even if you are doing it on purpose to save all the hard work for a post install.... will cause the install to fail .....The same happens in a post install.

3) A peculiar behaviour with Pandoras Box usb creator.     If you need to use a usb stick and lets say this stick is already a GPT enabled usb stick with a single HFS+ partition on it ...... You still have to Re-partition it in Disk utility or the installation will fail with an error while copying saying that "xxxxxx files do not exist".

Thats it. I still say this installer is really beats everything else, especially the one from the other site ;)

PS: Remember in my last post I said that AICPUPM panics. Yes it does ....only if I select it from the installation menu. The same kext when installed during post installation and after deleting Nullcpupm works perfectly. Although I had to rollback ACPiPlatform for the purpose of the batterymanager kext.

Pandora Installer 09-28-13_1152.txt

Pandora's box 09-28-13_1011.html

Pandora's box 10-08-13_0921.html

Pandora's box 10-08-13_1150.html

Pandora's box 10-09-13_1849.html

post-453724-0-31219600-1381344341_thumb.png

Pandora Installer 09-28-13_1152.txt

Pandora's box 09-28-13_1011.html

I know, on x79 :).

@magnifico made ​​the discovery a few days ago.

Micky

Hi @Micky1979,

I have attached my logs as you asked. However, since the last time I posted, GM build went up and so I decided to see for myself how the probable final build would work out. So once again I decided to create a new Pandoras box installer from scratch (mainly for the purpose of writing a guide).

I used the GM build, the same 8gb usb stick which worked for me on the DP1 build and the same laptop on which I had installed the DP1 build of Mavericks. I don't know if these are bugs per se, but they sure are annoyances.

1) While installing if I select modules relating to C libraries in the installer, the installer just quits when you hit the install button with the error "Keylayout_tiles" missing. I have no other option but to restart. Could not save a log for this as it just happens too quickly.

2) Weird behaviour by the installer: If you notice the screenshot I have attached, well this behaviour continues into the usb stick too. Let me explain.

As you can see in the screenshot, even though nothing is selected, the "-' is still there in the initial box. Well, lets just say you decide to click that box once more...it turns into a tick, but if you click it again it gets deselcted. Apparently both the installer and post installer hate this. The installation will invariably fail. It should be there in the logs I posted.  I tried this out many times over to confirm it.  Deselecting "all" options ...even if you are doing it on purpose to save all the hard work for a post install.... will cause the install to fail .....The same happens in a post install.

3) A peculiar behaviour with Pandoras Box usb creator.     If you need to use a usb stick and lets say this stick is already a GPT enabled usb stick with a single HFS+ partition on it ...... You still have to Re-partition it in Disk utility or the installation will fail with an error while copying saying that "xxxxxx files do not exist".

Thats it. I still say this installer is really beats everything else, especially the one from the other site ;)

PS: Remember in my last post I said that AICPUPM panics. Yes it does ....only if I select it from the installation menu. The same kext when installed during post installation and after deleting Nullcpupm works perfectly. Although I had to rollback ACPiPlatform for the purpose of the batterymanager kext.

"Keylayout_tiles" is invisible and not used options, it is strange that gives error. However I have at this time, eliminated all hidden options to avoid this error.

Now the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement  patch always works (in during or post installation, in Lion, ML or in Mavericks)

I have to give to  @C.Frio a new version (not a Beta, but RC 1 version), you also want to test it for me?

Micky

Fabio

I'll send a copy of Pandora RC 1 also to you :)

Micky

Micky

Now the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement  patch always works (in during or post installation, in Lion, ML or in Mavericks)

Micky

Micky

miky on Maverics dont need ACPM patch ...but only native ACPM

On Maverics of course

PS:

Talking one day with Fabio, I told him I wanted to try to remove the NULL cpu, and he immediately agree my thought

You know that I have not tried it on my system if it works??
Now I try now and let you know. I thought it was only for x79, but who knows ...

..reboting

--------
Sai che non ho provato sul mio sistema se funziona???
Ora provo subito e faccio sapere. Pensavo fosse solo per x79, ma chissa...

riavvio

Micky

You know that I have not tried it on my system if it works??
Now I try now and let you know. I thought it was only for x79, but who knows ...

..reboting

--------
Sai che non ho provato sul mio sistema se funziona???
Ora provo subito e faccio sapere. Pensavo fosse solo per x79, ma chissa...

riavvio

Micky

trusted ....

Hi,

How can I remove the fbrotate that Pandora's Box installed? 

Just re-run Pandora's Box,  choosing the option again (install if there is no / uninstall if present). You can see this from the log file is on your desktop.

Micky

• Like 1

Just re-run Pandora's Box,  choosing the option again (install if there is no / uninstall if present). You can see this from the log file is on your desktop.

Micky

That did the trick. Thank you and thanks to the community also.

• Like 1

Micky

"Keylayout_tiles" is invisible and not used options, it is strange that gives error. However I have at this time, eliminated all hidden options to avoid this error.

I have to give to  @C.Frio a new version (not a Beta, but RC 1 version), you also want to test it for me?

Micky

Micky

@Micky1979, Yes why not. Do send me a copy. I will test it for you :) Am glad to help out.

miky on Maverics dont need ACPM patch ...but only native ACPM

On Maverics of course

PS:

Talking one day with Fabio, I told him I wanted to try to remove the NULL cpu, and he immediately agree my thought

I will also test it out. Lets see if it KPs or not.

Lol ....but you have again pc the age of the dinosaurs......ahhhhhahhhh

Ps: return on topic , sorry for before

Age of dinosaurs PC!!!!! Well, that must be me then :P I still have p4 socket 478 running 10.5.8 Leopard with qoopz kernel :) going strong .... XP gave up on it a long time ago.

Tested yesterday Pandora Beta 2 with Maverick GM working, no problem  :)

Fabio

just used Pandora to install Mavericks GM on my P6T Deluxe... 

EDIT - got it working by changing the ports in the back... so ignore bellow... 

thanks so happy with easiness of the install!!!

all good except cant get network to work... installed the same kexts as works perfect in 10.8.5 on 2 other hard drives... 

c49872281572741.jpg

Everything seems the same  - showing Mavericks install but network is not working... 

5a3b1a281572747.jpg

any idea hows to rectify???

just used Pandora to install Mavericks GM on my P6T Deluxe... 

EDIT - got it working by changing the ports in the back... so ignore bellow... 

thanks so happy with easiness of the install!!!

all good except cant get network to work... installed the same kexts as works perfect in 10.8.5 on 2 other hard drives... 

c49872281572741.jpg

Everything seems the same  - showing Mavericks install but network is not working... 

5a3b1a281572747.jpg

any idea hows to rectify???

hello

you have everything working except the ethernet right the installation is finished you have repaired permissions and cache

hello

you have everything working except the ethernet right the installation is finished you have repaired permissions and cache

sorry fabio... 

i got it working... i just changed the port in the back from the lower one to the upper one and it worked perfectly... 

edited the above post about 30 mins after i posted...

thanks for the awesome installer... 

Will try it again tomorrow when i get my Z87 Deluxe motherboard for my new build... 

My system is stuck at installing the thunderbolt update 1.0 at every boot. it never goes away. I think it has to do something with this

14/10/13 8:27:38.000 pm kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode

HAve updated to latest fakesmc kext. Rebooting to test it out now.