GIGABYTE GA-Z77MX-DH3, Core i5 2500K, NVIDIA GTX560

atlee

3 posts in this topic

My Specifications:

GIGABYTE GA-Z77MX-DH3 l Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3Ghz @ 3.7Ghz | Nvidia Geforce GTX560 w/ 1596MB | 2x Dell ST2320L 23" 1920x1080 LED | 16GB DDR3 1600 CORSAIR VENGENCE | DVD+-RW | 2x 500GB 72k HDD | 1x 2TB 72k HDD | VIA VT2021 | AR9285 802.11n | OS X Mavericks 10.9 | Chameleon-2.2svn-r2246

I'm not going to explain how everything is going to work, I'm only going to tell you how to install and boot into Mavericks without any hiccups if the hardware is closer enough to mine.

Things you need:

***A working copy of MacOSX to do all the below required work.

OS X 10.9 InstallESD.dmg

8GB USB

Chameleon 2.2 rev2246 - Link

Showallfiles - Attached

FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement kexts - Attached

org.chameleon.Boot.plist + SMBios.plist - Attached

mach_kernel for root of USB - Attached

Goto Applications > Utilities and open Diskutil.

Click on your USB that you have inserted for this project.

Click Partition > Drop down select 1 partition or whatever suits you. Click Options > GUID partition layout. Give your drive a name and select Mac OSX Extended Journaled. Then Click Apply.

Double Click Showallfiles.app and click show.

Find InstallESD.dmg open and mount it.

Copy BaseSystem.dmg file and Packages folder to the desktop.

In Diskutil drag BaseSystem.dmg to list within diskutil, Click restore, then add the usb you partitioned to the destination, click go should take roughly 9-10mins.

After BaseSystem.dmg is restored to the USB it should mount itself. Open the main window.

Goto System > Installation and delete the Packages link and copy the Packages folder from desktop to where the Packages link used to be. 4gb+ so will take some time. then close.

Copy mach_kernel I gave you to the root of the USB drive. Open terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal).

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/mach_kernel

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/mach_kernel

Close terminal then open up Chameleon install package, leave all default settings and install to the USB device (Must change destination to USB).

After this copy Extra folder and place in root directory of USB.

After this reboot and insert USB, Boot from USB.

Chameleon should load, press enter and wait till install boots.

After this point you should know how to partition your hdd, install OS X Mavericks.

After installation is finished boot off your USB then select your Mavericks hdd you installed to. It should boot.

Then repeat the process of Installing Chameleon, extra folder to get it to boot without the USB.

***POST INSTALL STUFF***

DSDT.aml - attached, clean version of F15 BIOS without DGTP method section, fixed warnings, errors and remarks. ***Now you can delete NullCPUPowerMananagement.kext and boot using nativie power mananagement!***

Sound - VoodooHDA v2.8.4 modified for my soundcard - attached.

Network - AtherosL1cEthernet.kext attached.

Wifi - IO80211Family.kext attached. AR9285 Models.

that's it for now.

Extra.zip

mach_kernel.zip

ShowAllFiles.zip

• Like 2

New files attached. use Kext utility to install all and copy DSDT.aml to /Extra folder then you can add these options to your chameleon.Boot.plist file:

<key>DropSSDT</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

VoodooHDA.zip

IO80211Family.kext.zip

dsdt.aml.zip

AtherosL1cEthernet.kext.zip

• 4 weeks later...