The active members here from the beginning

mac-mini

38 posts in this topic

I first came here for help on installing OSx86. It was only when I decided to install a different way (through VMWare) that I wrote a guide on how to use it. That made me stick around, and I got to know the community pretty well.

I know you said no moderators, but I'm a pretty new mod (appointed a moderator around may I think)...

I've been here since the beginning.

As in the very first day the site came online!

I joined shortly after: I saw no need in joining right away because that was before there were real 10.4.1 installations out. I signed up i think a week or two after the deadmoo image found it's way to my computer...

And now I have a Mac mini!

Make room for the master! I am part of this since 5th of July 2005!!! I think the board was setup a day before!!!

Sometimes I remember these days when we played with the mactelbase.tar.gz. There was no maxxus or JaS, maybe that's we could get it to work! :)

Yeah, but times have changed! These days I have a nearly fully running OSX 10.4.7 (no QE/CI) and longing for the Macworld at the begin of next year to decide which Mac I will buy!!!!!

Make room for the master! I am part of this since 5th of July 2005!!! I think the board was setup a day before!!!

Sometimes I remember these days when we played with the mactelbase.tar.gz. There was no maxxus or JaS, maybe that's we could get it to work! :(

Yeah, but times have changed! These days I have a nearly fully running OSX 10.4.7 (no QE/CI) and longing for the Macworld at the begin of next year to decide which Mac I will buy!!!!!

Ahh yes mactelbase, the failed attempt :).

Those were the days... Everyone so excited... They were fun days :blink:

-Neospy

I didn't use to actually admin the forums. Just the hosting (heh, we didn't need our own server back then). That count? :thumbsdown_anim:

I remember #OSx86 when it was on ForeverChat and there were 20 people in the channel on a good day. And there was no forum. Or wiki. Or website.

I hang out in the irc chatroom quite abit, and I've been a member since last summer.

Joined in August of last year and had been lurking around for a bit before then but not really too long. I got really interested around the time of the deadmoo image. As I recall someone had posted steps for its installation via VMware and Ubuntu on Flickr, and trying to get that going right got me here. Within a month or two I think we had a 10.4.1 install DVD....the good old days indeed :)

Sitting pretty with a 2ghz MBP that's been my baby since I bought her.

Oh, and I don't really count as a mod even though I have a shiny new badge. =P

I followed a link here after downloading the deadmoo image and trying to figure out how in the world to get that running...

I read the forums for a long time before I started posting. Then started posting when I couldn't get wireless in 10.4.3, everyone remember that? the whole broadcom thing.

I was about the 3rd person to post a screenshot of 10.4.4 running, crazy day. Maxxuss posted a patch solution for the 10.4.4 restore DVD that came with the new intel iMacs, but it was messy and complicated, took several tries but I got it after following tips as several people posted all night back and forth trying to figure it out. Then OSx86project.org got a cease and desist letter from apple, the whole forum was down for more than a day I think, and that thread was completely deleted, people were posting links right to the patches and zipping them and posting them in the forum.

I thought maybe the gig was up... but it lives on, I'm on my 2nd Hacintosh, looking at a third with Core 2... or maybe a Mac Pro if I can sell something

Been here since a long time. I came after a article on how some one ran OSX on PC. Dled 10.4.1 Twice, coz i didnt realize, it required the new Winrar to correctly extract.

Realized that approx 2GB later.

10.4.1 was sweet, worked pretty fast too at the time.

Had been browsing since September 05, and joined finally in November (As shown below my nick)