• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

kamillo1888

kamillo1888

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

My card in 10.9 DP1 - DP6 works perfectly, but i have problems in stable 10.9 - my card is recognized as 7xxx and i have not full QE/CI

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

nandox5

nandox5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

7850 now works in dev2 with editing 2 kexts: AMDRadeonX4000.kext and AMD7000Controller.kext.  No fbrotate or helper card needed. With using clover 1888 and GE=no, recognized as 7xxx with multiple screen support - with clover 1888 and GE=yes it's recognized as 7850 2GB but only single monitor.  oh well go apple :ninja:

thank you!!!!! this fixed my issue.. now i have acceleration and properly detected card... also, no white screen issue!!  :)
 and so far two monitor display.. i havent tested the third one yet..

JorgeCCastro

JorgeCCastro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Hello guys, can anyone help me...? just got a sapphire 7950 and mavericks detects it with Full QE support but i want to connect 3 monitors. The ports of the card are 2 DVI, 1 DP and 1 HDMi ... one of the DVI clones the HDMi... so in reality it has 3 working separate ports. The problem is when i connect the 3 monitors all 3 are detected but only two show image, the other is black and when i try to change the display preferences i see all 3 detected but i click the one that shows black and the system freezes... with 2 monitors it works great... is there any way to correct how mavericks is detecting the cards ports?

thanks

rominator

rominator

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

thank you!!!!! this fixed my issue.. now i have acceleration and properly detected card... also, no white screen issue!!  :)
 and so far two monitor display.. i havent tested the third one yet..

Hi, Could you look in OpenGl Viewer or Oceanview Waves and see what the card is id'd as? We are trying to figure out which one gets called "D300" in these apps. It will either say "Radeon 7850 OpenGl Engine" or it will say "AMD D300 OpenGl Engine"

We have already found that 7870 XT is the D500

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,894 posts

And the 7970 is the D700, as you can see earlier in the topic...

nycionxx

nycionxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Everything works fine (ie. audio, network) except I cant boot using my ATI 7870 Sapphire card! Only boots if I use my onboard gfx card (Intel HD 4000).

what can I do here? Help is greatly appreciated thank you!

here are my system specs. my bootloader is Chimera 2.2.1 (latest)

Intel Core i7 3770K CPU w/ Intel HD4000
Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 2.70 bios patched
4x8Gb = 32GB RAM Kingston
OCZ 256Gb SSD

freezes during the booting process...

didnt have this problem with mountain lion

poispois

poispois

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

My card in 10.9 DP1 - DP6 works perfectly, but i have problems in stable 10.9 - my card is recognized as 7xxx and i have not full QE/CI

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

You need to choose the correct framebuffer for your model. For me it was Dashimaki and using miniDVI. Check this thread for more on how I got it working right: http://www.insanelym...ack-on-hd7770/ 

Hey I installed Mavericks using this torrent:

http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/9086005/OS_X_Mavericks_10.9_bootable_USB_for_Intel_PCs_%2813A603%29

Everything works fine (ie. audio, network) except I cant boot using my ATI 7870 Sapphire card! Only boots if I use my onboard gfx card (Intel HD 4000).

what can I do here? Help is greatly appreciated thank you!

here are my system specs. my bootloader is Chimera 2.2.1 (latest)

Intel Core i7 3770K CPU w/ Intel HD4000
Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 2.70 bios patched
4x8Gb = 32GB RAM Kingston
OCZ 256Gb SSD

freezes during the booting process...

didnt have this problem with mountain lion

Boot in safe mode and erase all the kexts from nVidia and Intel HD. Rebuild your caches and repair your permissions. That should do the trick.

nycionxx

nycionxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Boot in safe mode and erase all the kexts from nVidia and Intel HD. Rebuild your caches and repair your permissions. That should do the trick.

how do i "Rebuild your caches and repair your permissions"? with kext utility or something? 

so i just leave all the ati kexts intact?

thx!

hugeschnauzer

hugeschnauzer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Im Using Clover.
Standard install. it recognizes the GPU, QE is working, but the performance is very poor.

How can i enter ati personality, Framebuffer, etc using Clover configurator?

Tks a zillion

poispois

poispois

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

how do i "Rebuild your caches and repair your permissions"? with kext utility or something? 

so i just leave all the ati kexts intact?

thx!

I use Kext Utility. It repairs permissions and system caches on launch even if you're not going to install a kernel extension.

Attached File  Screenshot 2013-11-14 12.26.48.png   53.5KB   5 downloads

Im Using Clover.
Standard install. it recognizes the GPU, QE is working, but the performance is very poor.

How can i enter ati personality, Framebuffer, etc using Clover configurator?

Tks a zillion

I also use Clover. You can find that information on the thread that I pointed you to. If you're not into fiddling with text files you can use Clover Configurator. That's what I used in the beginning. But be aware that it's a process that takes it time, I've managed to get the card properly recognised after "many" attempts.

And if my posts we're useful please leave a like on them  :)

hugeschnauzer

hugeschnauzer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

I came back to Chameleon and sleep trick..

Do you think i can get better performance from a 7970 than this?

http://cl.ly/image/1A1M1e041S2q

poispois

poispois

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

I came back to Chameleon and sleep trick..

Do you think i can get better performance from a 7970 than this?

http://cl.ly/image/1A1M1e041S2q

You still do not have the correct frame buffer selected.

nycionxx

nycionxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

ok i got my hackintosh to recognize the ati 7870 card by removing the nvidia and intel gfx kexts but it wont boot with GraphicsEnabler=YES and AtiConfig=Aji

any idea why and what i can do about this? is it a big deal?

hugeschnauzer

hugeschnauzer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

You still do not have the correct frame buffer selected.

Is there a way to do it using Chameleon?

Will it speed up the 7970?

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Is there any experience w/ the Sapphire 100357LP Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card mDP/ DVI-I/ HDMI in Mavericks? Got very good reviews on Amazon and NewEgg.

My Optiplex 745 SFF (Small Form Factor) and a 27" mDP ACD are looking for a new low-profile mDP video card, and the 7750 is said to groove along just fine with the PSU. Now I'm wondering about Mavericks compatibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy