iMessage / App Store and iCloud

Best Answer DeepInside, 12 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

same issue here, tried to put this on org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0000000001010600011c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>

then delete the network preference.. restart.. 

but seems my display loses its signal, going to login screen. any thoughts?

Just do this:

1. Add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

2. Remove all Network interfaces

3. Remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

4. Reboot

5. Readd your Ethernet Network Interface. This must be en0. (not en1, en2...)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

arcade33

arcade33

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:electronic informatic

just put this kext in S/L/E

repair with Kext Utility 

reboot 

all is ok 

no need a good smbios.plist ant ethernet builtin 

all the best 

Attached Files

cay987

cay987

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Mac Appstore

I get the following error when accessing and attempting to retrieve app downloads from the App Store.  This is not so updating system-wide updates.  I am not sure if it has to do with the fact that I downgraded iTunes; for I can’t isolate the case.

I will greatly appreciate some assistance.  A few of my troubleshooting attempts was clearing the cookies, resetting the application (via the debug menu) located under the sub-menu and deleting the ‘com.apple.appstore’ folder in the associated directory.

Attached Files

• Attached File  S1.png   40.77KB   37 downloads
  • Attached File  S2.png   39.84KB   14 downloads

cay987

cay987

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Mac Appstore

I get the following error when accessing and attempting to retrieve app downloads from the App Store.  This is not so updating system-wide updates.  I am not sure if it has to do with the fact that I downgraded iTunes; for I can’t isolate the case.

I will greatly appreciate some assistance.  A few of my troubleshooting attempts was clearing the cookies, resetting the application (via the debug menu) located under the sub-menu and deleting the ‘com.apple.appstore’ folder in the associated directory.

******** UPDATE:  iTunes was the cause.  I had downgraded to 10.7 from 11 (OS X 10.9's default). 

Lest I forget 

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

If you have only WiFi and no ethernet so WiFi is always en0, using MBA smbios which has WiFi as en0 and no ethernet port at all, is also an option. You can always copy the CPU performance related info from different mac version over to MBA plist in ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/resources if needed. I'll admit I have not actually tried with a MBA smbios because I've never had a reason or need to, but in theory it should work fine :)

Long Cat

Long Cat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Just thought I'd share my experiences on this...

After upgrading from 10.8 to various DP versions of 10.9, the Messages app was completely non-functional. Despite having network interfaces set up properly, a recovery partition present, NVram and Chameleon set up correctly and a working serial, the app still was totally broken even though it was previously working under 10.8. DP5 for instance presented no password field at logon and a strange and unpredictable UI. DP6 was even worse, just a blank grey window. I've heard of at least a few other people experiencing these problems too in the main 10.9 DP thread.

After creating a new user account and opening messages to find it working perfectly, I concluded that it must be a problem with my user account data. So I replaced all the directories or files I could find relating to Messages (also sometimes called iChat) in the Users\Main User Account\Library (hidden) directory and all of it's subdirectories with their counterparts from the same location in the new user's folder.

Not sure exactly what files did the trick, but when I returned to the main user account, it worked perfectly.

Directories replaced:

Users\Main User Account\Library\Containers\com.apple.ichat

Users\Main User Account\Library\IdentityServices

Users\Main User Account\Library\Messages

Files replaced:

Under Users\Main User Account\Library\Preferences I spotlight searched for any file with "ichat" or "message" in the file name and replaced them. Altogether there were about 20.

pinarek

pinarek

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Long Cat... Than you for this great Idea...

i have the same Problem with my "old" ML 10.8.4 not work iMessages.

In Mavericks DP6 work best.

I hav copy this Folder an Files from you Tip, from Mavericks to ML 10.8.4 and

after Restart... iMessages work best !!!!

So many different causes, it has sometimes iMessages is not running.

You never stop learning!.

Why can not as "Best Answer" mark this Post ??????

pinarek

pinarek

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Hello Long Cat...

Actually, I thought now that's a solved once and for all the problems iMessage, but unfortunately does not work with a newly implemented Mavericks GM again.

I have copied all the files from User / Library in the Mavericks 10.9 GM from the old DP8 and the nvram.plist etc, but I can not log in with my Apple ID in 10.9 Mavericks

GM Build with iMessage. what that is again what it is now?

When the Mavericks DP8, where I only have installed the GM build over it, iMessage goes as before without any problems.

Wa is different when reinstalling the Mavericks 10.9 GM? I have compared all the files and also Chameleon bootloader is same as in the DP8 build.

Very strange because it does not work.

telepati

telepati

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Just change smbios.plist and restart machine all working.

pinarek

pinarek

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

telepati   what exactly should I change in the smbios.plist?

The smbios.plist is always the same, when reinstalling Mavericks GM
and in the updated DP8 to GM

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,686 posts

hi

@ pinarek

the answer was given by DeepInside, just do it like he said, no need to change or edit your smbios

with this GM, I had the same issue (maybe it's my first or second time until now, don't remember) and I resolved it like that.

another thing, I had my password expired, even if I resolved the problem, I was not able to login as long I have not changed my password. Once I did it, everything was ok   ;)

TechGuru

TechGuru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

just removed network plist and it worked i use a usb to ethernet made by apple

telepati

telepati

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

telepati   what exactly should I change in the smbios.plist?

The smbios.plist is always the same, when reinstalling Mavericks GM
and in the updated DP8 to GM

if you are using iMac change this Mac Pro restart...

pinarek

pinarek

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
Hello Friends

The problem is that when the Mavericks GM, which updated from DP8, iMessage, it works flawlessly.

Only when the Mavericks GM as brand new installation is not iMessage with the same Apple ID.

I have a second Apple ID, this work in both systems is weird ...

Gen4ig777

Gen4ig777

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi to all, after the upgrade from 10.8.5 to 10.9 GM, I have problems with iMessage, I can not logged in,  I read your recommendations at the beginning of a topic, and everything did, but it did not help. Next funny: I called tech support Apple :hysterical: , after talking with an employee, I logged. Next, I decided to make some changes in the settings SMBIOS( change SMUID) and I lost the the opportunity to use iMessage again  :(

bombernetjr

bombernetjr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

Everything was working fine, and now, my apple id isn't a valid iCloud account.

What do you think about that ?

bombernetjr

bombernetjr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Problem is solved for me, i used google search to update my bootloader to chameleon r2266 because i use a hacking fusion drive.

Eliade

Eliade

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Just want to add a bit of info

The above "answered" fix wasn't enough for me, it did fix icloud but not imessage, resetting my apple id password however did the trick to get imessage working again.

thanks

pinarek

pinarek

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Eliade... this work with reset Apple-ID Password ? i not understand why this is necessary.

Ok important is, it work.

oyo

oyo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

merci

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy