iMessage / App Store and iCloud

mathq

35 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've managed to install OS X 10.9 on my Hackint0sh.

However, even with iCloud fix (dev-properties + FileNVRam.dylib), iCloud, iMessage and App Store don't want to log me into my Apple ID.

Has anyone got it working?

Thanks,

xmath279

Edit: Fixed: Forgot to add my smbios.plist on first boot up and the network interface had been initially created as en1.

I'm having a similar issue

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Thunderbolt Motherboard 
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) HD 4000 Graphics
Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
120 GB OWC Mercury Electra 3G SSD
Seasonic SeaSonic X760 -760W 80Plus Gold Certified ATX12V PSU
SilverStone RAVEN Series RV03

Use EFI Injections.

Download EFI Studio, get an Ethernet string, put it in Charmelon and delete ur NetworkInterface.plist in Library/Preferences/something and reboot ur machine.

Instructions can be found online, just google "iCloud fix with EFI Studio"

same issue here, tried to put this on org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0000000001010600011c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>

then delete the network preference.. restart.. 

but seems my display loses its signal, going to login screen. any thoughts?

• Like 1

same issue here, tried to put this on org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0000000001010600011c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>

then delete the network preference.. restart.. 

but seems my display loses its signal, going to login screen. any thoughts?

Just do this:

1. Add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

2. Remove all Network interfaces

3. Remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

4. Reboot

5. Readd your Ethernet Network Interface. This must be en0. (not en1, en2...)

• Like 2

Just do this:

1. Add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<string>Yes</string>

4. Reboot

step 2,3,4 and 5 resolved the issue thanks.

Just to expand on what was said above: The trick is to ensure your on-board Ethernet is en0 - that means if you have a Wi-Fi adaptor, you'll need to disconnect it, install the Ethernet kexts, and then reboot so only the Ethernet adaptor is recognised. Once you've got Ethernet as en0 (check in Network in System Profiler), shut down, reconnect your wi-fi card, and start up again. If you have a properly configured smbios.plist, you should now be able to sign into iCloud.

• Like 1

all this tips, not work by me wit Mavericks with iMessage... have any help for this imessage login Problem ?

Facetime works with the some Login-Date we in iMessage.

I think iMessage is just a bit buggy at the time... This problem is not network related.

I also had the problem initially with BT PAN= en0, wifi=en1 and ethernet=en2. Then I removed the plists and the network interfaces, rebooted and... the order is still messed up like before. But it works now, so I guess the order isn't that important.

Here it worked pretty OOB. In fact, easier to setup than ever before.

All the best!

Same here - the only quibble was adding my Ethernet kext. (The reason why it was a mere quibble?  Drag - drop - authenticate.)

I've even gotten partial acceleration (CI/QE) in both ML and Mavericks DP1 (had to use modified kexts - fortunately, it was the SAME kexts).  I used Kext Wizard this time (due to the sheer number of kexts that had to be installed - five); again, it worked in both ML and Mavericks.

UNfortunately, my thinking was dead on - due to changes (at the very least in ML) going forward, my Hackie Cheapie HD5450 will have to be retired.

Just do this:

1. Add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<string>Yes</string>

4. Reboot

I ONLY had to do steps:

Once I removed 'NetworkInterfaces.plist'... I simply restarted my MBP and iMessage worked.

• 3 weeks later...

Mac Appstore

I get the following error when accessing and attempting to retrieve app downloads from the App Store.  This is not so updating system-wide updates.  I am not sure if it has to do with the fact that I downgraded iTunes; for I can’t isolate the case.

I will greatly appreciate some assistance.  A few of my troubleshooting attempts was clearing the cookies, resetting the application (via the debug menu) located under the sub-menu and deleting the ‘com.apple.appstore’ folder in the associated directory.

post-1187257-0-49046000-1373561530_thumb.png

post-1187257-0-45120200-1373561541_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Mac Appstore

I get the following error when accessing and attempting to retrieve app downloads from the App Store.  This is not so updating system-wide updates.  I am not sure if it has to do with the fact that I downgraded iTunes; for I can’t isolate the case.

I will greatly appreciate some assistance.  A few of my troubleshooting attempts was clearing the cookies, resetting the application (via the debug menu) located under the sub-menu and deleting the ‘com.apple.appstore’ folder in the associated directory.

******** UPDATE:  iTunes was the cause.  I had downgraded to 10.7 from 11 (OS X 10.9's default). 

Lest I forget 

• 2 weeks later...

If you have only WiFi and no ethernet so WiFi is always en0, using MBA smbios which has WiFi as en0 and no ethernet port at all, is also an option. You can always copy the CPU performance related info from different mac version over to MBA plist in ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/resources if needed. I'll admit I have not actually tried with a MBA smbios because I've never had a reason or need to, but in theory it should work fine :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd share my experiences on this...

After upgrading from 10.8 to various DP versions of 10.9, the Messages app was completely non-functional. Despite having network interfaces set up properly, a recovery partition present, NVram and Chameleon set up correctly and a working serial, the app still was totally broken even though it was previously working under 10.8. DP5 for instance presented no password field at logon and a strange and unpredictable UI. DP6 was even worse, just a blank grey window. I've heard of at least a few other people experiencing these problems too in the main 10.9 DP thread.

After creating a new user account and opening messages to find it working perfectly, I concluded that it must be a problem with my user account data. So I replaced all the directories or files I could find relating to Messages (also sometimes called iChat) in the Users\Main User Account\Library (hidden) directory and all of it's subdirectories with their counterparts from the same location in the new user's folder.

Not sure exactly what files did the trick, but when I returned to the main user account, it worked perfectly.

Directories replaced:

Users\Main User Account\Library\Containers\com.apple.ichat

Users\Main User Account\Library\IdentityServices

Users\Main User Account\Library\Messages

Files replaced:

Under Users\Main User Account\Library\Preferences I spotlight searched for any file with "ichat" or "message" in the file name and replaced them. Altogether there were about 20.

• Like 1

Long Cat... Than you for this great Idea...

i have the same Problem with my "old" ML 10.8.4 not work iMessages.

In Mavericks DP6 work best.

I hav copy this Folder an Files from you Tip, from Mavericks to ML 10.8.4 and

after Restart... iMessages work best !!!!

So many different causes, it has sometimes iMessages is not running.

You never stop learning!.

Why can not as "Best Answer" mark this Post ??????

• 1 month later...

Hello Long Cat...

Actually, I thought now that's a solved once and for all the problems iMessage, but unfortunately does not work with a newly implemented Mavericks GM again.

I have copied all the files from User / Library in the Mavericks 10.9 GM from the old DP8 and the nvram.plist etc, but I can not log in with my Apple ID in 10.9 Mavericks

GM Build with iMessage. what that is again what it is now?

When the Mavericks DP8, where I only have installed the GM build over it, iMessage goes as before without any problems.

Wa is different when reinstalling the Mavericks 10.9 GM? I have compared all the files and also Chameleon bootloader is same as in the DP8 build.

Very strange because it does not work.