[Success] Gigabyte Z87-D3HP -- first Haswell hackintosh?

345 posts in this topic

Buy this wifi card -TP-Link model #WDN4800 PCI Express wireless card (2 year warranty)

Or instead of wasting your money and time you can do it the proper way with long term support by doing this:

http://hackintoshhardware.wordpress.com/2013/05/14/wifi-on-a-hackintosh/

Also the new NIC that are found on the new boards will take some time for support and you need onboard LAN working to have App Store, iCloud, FaceTime, ECT to work. 

That would of course be more convenient, for the Chameleon developers and this forum, but what I want is that people here know what is going on.

Listen. I work long hours to get stuff going, at night even – knowing that I only have one week left – so when something like this happens, then I wonder why I should continue to help other people when I return from my honeymoon trip.

p.s. I simply don't have time for RevoBoot to make it a public boot loader.

What are you talking about? PM me. Thanks.... 

anyone using the internal graphics only?

fully usable? all ports working

I loaded up originally with Internal graphics, but no one had a way to get the drivers for Intel4600HD kexts.

I'd really prefer to not have to considering my board has one built in and I would settle for functional ethernet.

You will have to find what sort of integrated card comes with that board and hope you can find the proper kext and use kext wizard.

The card I mentioned cost me $42.00, and let me be clear with this. I enjoy playing with computers, I favor Linux because its free and I like it a lot. But Mac OSX is pretty and beautiful to look at and its fun to test drive it.

It took me a week and a half to build this system and get it fully operational. 

Be patient.

I bought this Haswell board by accident, I really wanted an older gigabyte, but the salesmen convinced me, this board was the way to go.  Little did I know, this board wasn't quite supported yet, because everything is in beta mode as of now.

If you add the amount of time I invested, in building the system and all, its probably cheaper to buy a mac-pro for $3,000.00 or so.

Nonetheless, I enjoy Linux and Windows too and have multiple systems on different PC's.

d-1

I loaded up originally with Internal graphics, but no one had a way to get the drivers for Intel4600HD kexts.

You will have to find what sort of integrated card comes with that board and hope you can find the proper kext and use kext wizard.

The card I mentioned cost me $42.00, and let me be clear with this. I enjoy playing with computers, I favor Linux because its free and I like it a lot. But Mac OSX is pretty and beautiful to look at and its fun to test drive it.

It took me a week and a half to build this system and get it fully operational. 

Be patient.

I bought this Haswell board by accident, I really wanted an older gigabyte, but the salesmen convinced me, this board was the way to go.  Little did I know, this board wasn't quite supported yet, because everything is in beta mode as of now.

If you add the amount of time I invested, in building the system and all, its probably cheaper to buy a mac-pro for $3,000.00 or so.

Nonetheless, I enjoy Linux and Windows too and have multiple systems on different PC's.

d-1

no you're wrong there mate 

this

http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/06/16/intel-hd4600-with-full-resolution/

and

this

04 00 12 04    //Intel Haswell Desktop (GT2) - empty        

00 00 00 00     //??, ports, pipes, FBmem    

edit dsdt and your intel kexts

i believe some people have already done this 

• Like 1

no you're wrong there mate 

this

http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/06/16/intel-hd4600-with-full-resolution/

and

this

04 00 12 04    //Intel Haswell Desktop (GT2) - empty        

00 00 00 00     //??, ports, pipes, FBmem    

edit dsdt and your intel kexts

i believe some people have already done this 

Thanks for pointing that out, I did not know.

d-1

Hey guys! After reading some pointers here, I was able to get Mavericks running on my Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H board with a Haswell i7 4770K. I've tried to keep a detailed log of everything I've changed to remember what I did, but somehow certain things that didn't work in the beginning suddenly started working.

I used MyHack to create a bootable image on a 16GB thumb drive using the Mavericks 10.9 .app. I formatted my HDD and ran the OS X installer. I noticed that I had the bus ratio problem, everything was going twice as fast, the spinning wheel and the spinning beach ball, as well as the loading bar. Once the installer reached the end, it started running all of the MyHack commands, installing the specific kexts and removing the unnecessary ones. The default settings worked for me. When it came time to reboot the computer, I started getting a bunch of weird errors which I think were MyHack specific, but they weren't very detailed. I pushed on, reset the computer and loaded to the desktop on Mavericks using the thumb drive again. It turned out that the bootloader hadn't installed properly. I downloaded Chimera 2.1.1 and upon reboot, I was able to load straight from the HDD and also the clock issue was gone. Everything runs at a normal speed.

At this point, I was still using the built in HD4600 graphics, but I was not getting full resolution and it was only recognizing 63MB, even in the bootloader. I went and installed my old ATI HD5770 graphics card and used "GraphicsEnabler=No -v" to boot successfully and at full resolution. I noticed that it takes a minute or so where it hangs at "PCI Configuration Begin" and the graphics card fan roars. After that it brings me to my desktop and I am able to use multiple displays, taking advantage of the new multiple display feature. 

I have an external audio interface, the Focusrite Saffire 6 USB which I use for sound. I downloaded the OS X drivers from the website and was able to install them and sound works. I can't figure out how to get onboard sound to work and it doesn't work through HDMI either.

For bluetooth, I use the GBU421 adapter by IO Gear. It connected automatically with my Apple Keyboard and Mouse and even works in the bootloader. 

I've tried to get my WiFi working, I have a Belkin F5D9050 which I was using with Lion, however, I can't get it to work and I'm exploring other options for wifi, since onboard lan doesn't work either.

Power management wise, sleep works. At first it didn't, it would just give me a white screen, and when I moved the mouse or pressed a key, it would bring me back to my desktop. The machine wouldn't actually shut off. Somehow today, it just went to sleep on its own after I had left it idle and woke back up when I pressed a key on my bluetooth keyboard. It goes to sleep just fine from the menu and wakes up on power button or keyboard stroke. 

That leaves me with trying to figure out how to get a network connection and how to get my onboard graphics to work. I read on here that a couple people have had luck with their onboard graphics, any one else able to get it to work?

post-1186367-0-77616700-1372134766_thumb.png

I've tried to get my WiFi working, I have a Belkin F5D9050 which I was using with Lion, however, I can't get it to work and I'm exploring other options for wifi, since onboard lan doesn't work either.

What onboard LAN do you have?

DP2 works

You have to delete the AppleIntelHD5000* kexts to get it to work.

No!

All you have to do is to inject AAPL,ig-product-id (I am using 0x0a16000 here) and then BOOM. Full resolution. QE/CI working. See my blog (link below) for the first Cinebench 11.5 test results (OpenGL score: 37.51 fps).

See also: https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/os-x-10-9-mavericks-dp2-build-13a497d

No!

All you have to do is to inject AAPL,ig-product-id (I am using 0x0a16000 here) and then BOOM. Full resolution. QE/CI working. See my blog (link below) for the first Cinebench 11.5 test results (OpenGL score: 37.51 fps).

See also: https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/os-x-10-9-mavericks-dp2-build-13a497d

Sorry I don't do integrated graphics

What onboard LAN do you have?

Gus93, I have the Intel i217V. 

No!

Pike, could you point me in a direction on how to inject the device ID? I'm not very familiar with how to do that.

Thanks guys.

Gus93, I have the Intel i217V. 

Pike, could you point me in a direction on how to inject the device ID? I'm not very familiar with how to do that.

Thanks guys.

That's unfortunate! My board has that and a Realtek 8111 (Dual LAN - FTW/absolutely unnecessary), but I was only able to get the realtek one going

I am very pleased with DP2. My annoying issue of network interfaces only coming up 50% of the time has gone away. Just to be clear, I have had no luck with onboard Intel i217 NIC. I'm using a PCIe 1x card with a Marvell 88E8053 chipset.

I've had some luck with my onboard graphics. I changed the BIOS default onboard memory from 64MB to 512MB. Then I injected AAPL,ig-platform-id set to 0x0c260000 per Pike's blog and put that in my bootloader plist. I rebooted and I was greeted with my desktop at full resolution. My menu bar is translucent and it recognizes the model of my monitor. I haven't had any luck with using multiple displays with the onboard graphics. I have a VGA port, DVI port and HDMI. I use HDMI for my primary display.

I tried hooking up another display via DVI, but the screen said "Out of Range" and when I booted with DVI and plugged in HDMI, the HDMI screen said "out of range." Both screens are recognized in the display panel and are running at their native resolutions, but I can't get them to both work at the same time. 

My next attempt was to hook up HDMI and VGA or DVI and VGA. In both scenarios the screen with HDMI and DVI would show a display, but the screen with VGA would show the white loading screen. The VGA screen was not recognized at all in the display preference panel. I tried to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=no" and I got a picture on the VGA screen, but it was just blocks and pieces of the main display, and again, was not recognized in the display panel. 

I ran a Cinebench test to compare to Pike's results. Screenshot is attached.

On a side note, sleep still works and is directly related to the GPU. Without the ATI HD5770 card and without changing the platform ID, when the computer went to "sleep," it would just show a white screen without actually going to sleep. With the graphics card in, it would sleep properly, fans off, and would awaken via bluetooth or front panel. After I injected the code and took out the graphics card, sleep once again worked. 

I still have yet to find a solution for ethernet or wifi. I have the Intel i217V LAN chipset.

post-1186367-0-65008400-1372229516_thumb.png

post-1186367-0-05729700-1372229518_thumb.png

post-1186367-0-38107500-1372229519_thumb.png

Has anyone updated to Mavericks preview2 and if so, how did it go?

Any problems doing so?

d-1

Went perfectly.

Fire it up in safe mode after the installation and delete the AppleIntelHD5000* kexts

I still have yet to find a solution for ethernet or wifi. I have the Intel i217V LAN chipset.

The i217LM (server/pro edition) and i217V (consumer edition) are compatible with the Intel 82579 so you need to install the AppleIntelE1000e.kext and add your device-id to IOPCIMatch when it is missing.

• Like 1

Warning:

AppleIntelE1000e.kext causes a hard kernel panic with no output on why it panicked

Also, incase if you were wondering, 0x153B8086

The official source code from Intel supports the following new devices:

153a  Ethernet Connection I217-LM

153b  Ethernet Connection I217-V
1559  Ethernet Connection I218-V
155a  Ethernet Connection I218-LM

You can download the source code from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/files/e1000e%20stable/

Combine the two source versions and recompile on Mavericks. Then it will work.
  • Like 2

The official source code from Intel supports the following new devices:

153a  Ethernet Connection I217-LM

153b  Ethernet Connection I217-V
1559  Ethernet Connection I218-V
155a  Ethernet Connection I218-LM

You can download the source code from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/files/e1000e%20stable/

Combine the two source versions and recompile on Mavericks. Then it will work.

Thank you. I am not a programmer in Objective-C and Xcode. This will finally give me an excuse to go exploring :D

So I spent some time messing around this afternoon and here's a copy of e1000e 2.4.14 merged with HNAK's work on the AppleIntelE1000e driver. I've compiled for OS X 10.9 Mavericks 64bit. I take absolutely no credit for the hard work of any of the developers who wrote this code nor do I claim any sort of stability or quality for my build. I have tested it successfully (for the last hour anyway) on my Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H with Intel i217. Big thanks to Pike who's been so helpful with all of the tips and tricks. I think he deserves credit for almost every good thing to come out of this thread!

I'm excited for an official release of AppleIntelE1000e 2.4.14, but in the mean time give my build a try.

You shouldn't need anything special for this to work or any plist editing. Make sure to chmod -R 755 and chown -R root:wheel the kext after unzipping. Test by manually invoking a kextload from Terminal before installing it to any system folders and verify your NIC shows up in System Preferences!

Here's my kernel output:

vendor:device: 0x8086:0x153b.

AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Interrupt Throttling Rate (ints/sec) set to dynamic conservative mode

AppleIntelE1000e(Info): changing MTU from 0 to 1500

AppleIntelE1000e(Info): AppleIntelE1000e:WOL = 2

AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Disabling EEE advertisement

en5: attached with 2 suspended link-layer multicast membership(s)

AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Disabling EEE advertisement

en5: successfully restored 2 suspended link-layer multicast membership(s) (err=0)

AppleIntelE1000e(Info): e1000e NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx

AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip

• Like 4

So I spent some time messing around this afternoon and here's a copy of e1000e 2.4.14 merged with HNAK's work on the AppleIntelE1000e driver. I've compiled for OS X 10.9 Mavericks 64bit. I take absolutely no credit for the hard work of any of the developers who wrote this code nor do I claim any sort of stability or quality for my build. I have tested it successfully (for the last hour anyway) on my Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H with Intel i217. 

I'm excited for an official release of AppleIntelE1000e 2.4.14, but in the mean time give my build a try.

You shouldn't need anything special for this to work or any plist editing. Make sure to chmod -R 755 and chown -R root:wheel the kext after unzipping. Test by manually invoking a kextload from Terminal before installing it to any system folders and verify your NIC shows up in System Preferences!

I love you.

Thanks, dude

Been looking for a while myself.

Can you post the code in his thread so he can add it to his project?