[Success] Gigabyte Z87-D3HP -- first Haswell hackintosh?

345 posts in this topic

Chameleon Wizard: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/257464-chameleon-wizard-utility-for-chameleon/

Kext Wizard: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/253395-kext-wizard-easy-to-use-kext-installer-and-more/

You might not need to use -f every boot.

As for the folders for VooDooHDA put them in /System/Library/Extensions

Putting them in /Extra/Extensions is a very bad idea.

But you dont need to do a manual install. Someone has created a very simple VoodooHDA package installer

And Chameleon Wizard is far more than an installer. Trust me, you will love it when you see what it can do.

Chameleon Wizard: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/257464-chameleon-wizard-utility-for-chameleon/

Kext Wizard: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/253395-kext-wizard-easy-to-use-kext-installer-and-more/

You might not need to use -f every boot.

As for the folders for VooDooHDA put them in /System/Library/Extensions

Putting them in /Extra/Extensions is a very bad idea.

But you dont need to do a manual install. Someone has created a very simple VoodooHDA package installer

And Chameleon Wizard is far more than an installer. Trust me, you will love it when you see what it can do.

I can only boot in with flags GraphicsEnabler=No - but I can't boot in on my own using Chameleon.  

Without the MSI video  card I could boot in, but had no high-res with the onboard graphics.

My clock still runs 30 seconds faster......

d-1

I can only boot in with flags GraphicsEnabler=No - but I can't boot in on my own using Chameleon.  

Without the MSI video  card I could boot in, but had no high-res with the onboard graphics.

My clock still runs 30 seconds faster......

d-1

Are you using the latest Chameleon from this forum's download section?

Also, I am a bit confused by your post. Is your 650 working in Mavericks or no?

Are you using the latest Chameleon from this forum's download section?

Also, I am a bit confused by your post. Is your 650 working in Mavericks or no?

Yes,  my  MSI video card installed, but I have no way to pick my resolution size. It looks a lot better than the onboard card using vesa.

Yes Installed Chameleon off the one you recommended and installed both voodooHDA drivers (kexts,dmg) at different times, and I got no sound. I believe it shows HDMI sound when I go to sound devices, but I am using the lolly pop outputs and regular speakers.

When I play youtube video plays like its fast forwarding.

d-1

Try this:

At the bootscreen, type busratio=34

And when you mean you cannot pick your resolution size, do you mean that under Resolution the radiobox that says "Best for display" is filled in?

Try this:

At the bootscreen, type busratio=34

And when you mean you cannot pick your resolution size, do you mean that under Resolution the radiobox that says "Best for display" is filled in?

I will try that and yes, its filled (checked) best for display,  with Rotation listed as standard and refresh rate at 59.9 Hertz.

I tried with boot flags  busratio=34  and it booted to grey screen and just hung there for a long time.  So soft booted  and then I tried GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=34 , and I booted up  but nothing really changed. My time clock runs 30 seconds faster than normal.

d-1

I  ran .dmg voodooHDA and I have sound now.

I have the intel core i7 Processor,  i7-4770K LGA1150

Okay, I see, I am at 1680X1050, so I asked a stupid question.  Sorry, I use Linux more.... :)

d-1

my clock still runs super fast.

d-1

Tis OK

We are much closer than we started, which is awesome.

On page two of this thread the first post has a boot.zip. Unzip it, place it at /, reboot and cross your fingers

Tis OK

We are much closer than we started, which is awesome.

On page two of this thread the first post has a boot.zip. Unzip it, place it at /, reboot and cross your fingers

Okay, but you say place it, but where  do  I place it, in Chameleon  wizard...?

And if so, do I drag  and drop it  there or copy and paste it?

d-1

/ is the dir at the top of the hard drive.

For instance, I named my hard drive Macintosh HD. / represents where the folders System, Library, Users, Applications and Extra abode. You should see a file called boot at / and you need to replace that.

hey guys i need some help i need a dsdt 7970 injection please i tried to do it my self follow rampage dev but it never goes right or does not work here is my dsdt all errors fixed and my ioreg. i have 6 ports my fb is ikura and my gpu name is Asus HD radeon 7970 

http://www.sendspace...YysciHO6aRy/ggA

back up links ioreg:http://www.sendspace.com/file/hbrqyn

DSDT:http://www.sendspace.com/file/6zpfg2

Please dont hijack my thread

/ is the dir at the top of the hard drive.

For instance, I named my hard drive Macintosh HD. / represents where the folders System, Library, Users, Applications and Extra abode. You should see a file called boot at / and you need to replace that.

Please dont hijack my thread

you sir make this forum look bad good job worst thread ever

How hard can it be to credit someone? I mean I reported this months ago:

memcpy(fakeEfiPages->unsupportedret_instructions, UNSUPPORTEDRET_INSTRUCTIONS_64, sizeof(UNSUPPORTEDRET_INSTRUCTIONS_64));

Not to mention that looking at other peoples code makes writing patches a lot easier. People should know that this kind of lame stuff makes people stop helping other people.

well you know it's sad if someone decided it is right to not to credit other people's hard work

i hope the chameleon guys give you the proper credit

after all what would become of osx86 community without your family 

I'm really enjoying Mavericks and Haswell, but I have encountered one minor annoyance. Occasionally when I boot up (let's say, 40% of the time), both of my network interfaces remain in the "Not connected" state. I have to mark them as inactive and then active to bring them up, regardless of whether using DHCP or Static IP. The other 60% of the time, they work just fine and require no manual intervention. Has anyone encountered anything similar? One of the cards is a DLink PCIe 1x card with a Marvell 88E8053 chipset and the other is a Myricom PCIe 4x 10G Fiber card. Both have natively supported OS X drivers, and neither exhibited this issue in Mountain Lion. 

i experienced the same thing under my wifi usb dongle ( d-link 300n ) 

@alexis6669

good sir you know this forum guarantees freedom of speech , but i think you are being a {censored}. 

I still don't quite understand. Can you be more specific? I downloaded  that boot file, where exactly do I place it and where?

/ is the root of the Hard drive you have booted from.

Open up terminal and type the following:

sudo cp <LOCATION OF THE DOWNLOADED BOOT FILE> /boot

I have mavericks and haswell set up on my asus z87-deluxe board, but I cannot seem to get wifi/bluetooth/ethernet. Any input from those of you who have it running?

Edit: It also seems like I am unable to boot except from my flashdrive :(

Hey Guys got my system up and running great and now boots on its own.  I thank the many on this great board for their help.

My custom system build:

• Gigabyte Z87-D3HP LGA 1150 Haswell MOBO
  • I7-4770K LGA 1150 Processor 3.5 GHZ 8MB Cache
  • Corsair Force Series GT sata 3 120GB SSD 
  • Western Digital 2 TB HD Sata HD (2 year warranty)
  • Naxan Enermax 550W PS (3 year warranty)
  • Corsair 300R carbide series tower (2 years - to Life depending on product family www.corsair.com/support/warranty )
  • MSI GTX 650  GeForce Nvidia PCIe 2GB video card (3 year warranty) OOB
  • Corsair Vengeance LP 2 x 8GB DDR3 = 16GB RAM
  • 4 Extra  120x120 25mm silent fans
  • TP-Link model #WDN4800 PCI Express wireless card (2 year warranty) OOB

Install Process

1. Use MyHack installer
  2. Use Mac Book Pro to create FakeSMC and place in Extra Folder on your MyHackInstaller USB installer drive, edit according to your liking
  3. Fixed fast clock issue with Chimera 
  4. Reboots without USB becaue I used  Chameleon Wizard and then selecting org.Chameleon.boot tab and unchecking the Graphics enabler. (be sure to hit save.)
  5. One other thing I did was,  I went to / and removed boot file- tried using revoboot by copying it there, but did not work. (Open Finder Go to word "GO" scroll down to Go To Folder to get to boot file, then move to trash)
  6. I then Installed Chimera, which resolved clock issue
  7. Also dont forget Fixed permissions with Kext Wizard.
  8. For getting sound to work on the board - I installed voodooHDA.dmg
  9. After you do install onto your SSD or HD, you will get an error message, do a soft boot, when it counts down, hit spacebar, at word boot: type these boot flags -f GraphicsEnabler=No , or GraphicsEnabler=No - you do this to finalize the install.
  10. Got onboard Graphics to work by using AppleIntelE1000e.kext and installing with Kext Wizard.
  11. Installed MavericksPreview2 update, took about 11 minutes or less to install, and booted up just fine.

d-1

One more thing I forgot to mention in the above for step one, this is assuming you setup your BIOS correctly to AHCI for your SATA, and there were 2 other settings, I believe xHCI Hand-off / EHCI Hand-off - Make sure both of those settings are enabled.

I also disabled my onboard Graphics during the install process.

ScreenShot2013-06-22at43752PM.png

d-1

• Like 1

I followed very similar steps and still have the following issues:

1. I still can't boot into OSX from anything but this flashdrive. If I try to boot my computer any other way it just stalls briefly before booting into my Windows HDD.

2. The clock speed is working properly, however, when I restart it resets the time the clock thinks that it is.

3. I don't have functional networking (bluetooth/wifi/ethernet)

I followed very similar steps and still have the following issues:

1. I still can't boot into OSX from anything but this flashdrive. If I try to boot my computer any other way it just stalls briefly before booting into my Windows HDD.

2. The clock speed is working properly, however, when I restart it resets the time the clock thinks that it is.

3. I don't have functional networking (bluetooth/wifi/ethernet)

Buy this wifi card -TP-Link model #WDN4800 PCI Express wireless card (2 year warranty)

Buy this wifi card -TP-Link model #WDN4800 PCI Express wireless card (2 year warranty)

I'd really prefer to not have to considering my board has one built in and I would settle for functional ethernet.

I am excited to report that I am now able to boot without my flashdrive! WOOHOO! (although it takes a freaking year on startup, any ideas why that might be? Could just be that it is slow and that's how it's gonna be.)

The latest issue is that for some reason the time the clock starts on is whatever time I turned it off at, not continuing with the real world time.