[Success] Gigabyte Z87-D3HP -- first Haswell hackintosh?

345 posts in this topic

Hi friends, I tried a macpro6,1 smbios in config.plist of clover and after reboot, I have a kernel panic. I think i saw ioacpifamilly in kp, Help please!!!

• 1 month later...

Ran OS X Update version 10.9.2 Installed  - contains improvements to the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.

. Adds the ability to make and receive Face Time audio calls

. Adds call waiting support for Face Time audio calls

. Adds the ability to block incoming imessages from individual senders

. Improves the accuracy of unread counts in Mail

. Resolves an issue that prevented Mail from receiving new messages from certain providers

. Improves reliability when connecting to a file server using SMB2

. Fixes an issue that may cause VPN connections to disconnect

. Improves VoiceOver navigation in Mail and Finder

"You can’t open the application “iPhoto” because it may be damaged or incomplete."

I recently ran my iLife update on this build and shortly thereafter, I received this message from iPhoto (when I tried to use it), You can’t open the application “iPhoto” because it may be damaged or incomplete.

To make things real quick and real short, all I did was install reinstall iPhoto from the app store, without even to have to delete or drag the original iPhoto program from my applications to the trash and all is good now.

It works just fine and notices iPhone again.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone post a guide for a newbie as to how to install this, with bios settings? I am using a Windows machine to create the disc, with Transmac. I have a Gigabyte ga-z87-d3hp, 8GB,  Ati Radeon HD 5700 video card, and a regular hard drive.

HOW CAN WE HELP WHEN YOU CANT BOTHERED TO DO A SIGNATURE IN YOUR PROFILE 

Please do a bit of research  yourself googles your friend. and you tube.

get your specification for your motherboard and get a idea what kext s you will need

And how to make a usb install.

if you help yourself first you will learn. 

HOW CAN WE HELP WHEN YOU CANT BOTHERED TO DO A SIGNATURE IN YOUR PROFILE 

Please do a bit of research  yourself googles your friend. and you tube.

get your specification for your motherboard and get a idea what kext s you will need

And how to make a usb install.

if you help yourself first you will learn. 

BALDY_MAN If I had known a signature was required to get some assistance, I would have made one to begin with. As for the rest of your smart a$$ comments, Of course I have used Google to no extent. I have also made a USB install drive. I know my motherboard specs, or I wouldn't have posted in this particular forum(duh) There is nothing to help on YouTube. I am looking for specific instructions for the BIOS settings. No matter what settings I use, I can only get to the apple logo screen and then nothing. I have even tried to do this in a VM. I posted my specs hoping someone would be able to help. If it helps to get a knowledgeable respected answer, I will post my question next time with a signature. As for your answer, it's not even valid as you don't even have the motherboard in question. But thanks for your time in reading my question. Now, Good Day Sir! I SAID GOOD DAY!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I ran OSX-Update 10.9.3 just now and on reboot, it boots to a black screen. It appears video card is not loading, I tried entering boot flag -v and I still boot to a black screen. This is the first update that has ever failed on me, what can I do to restore or fix this problem?

Tried to boot into safe mode and same thing, it boots to a black screen, any tips or suggestions?

Thanks,

d-1

I was able to fix my problem above with the 10.9.3 update with the help of someone.

Anyway, the 10.9.3 update apparently affected my Nvideo driver for my MSI FX650, which prevented the driver from loading it up.

I had to type this at boot prompt: GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 -v to get to desktop, finally.

From there I had to rollback my Nvidia Kexts to the 10.9.2, so I went here: http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1726/en_US/OSXUpdCombo10.9.2.dmg .

Then I had to down load Pacifist from here: http://charlessoft.com/ . (to mount and extract Nvidia kexts from the 10.9.2dmg .)

I presume there's some bug in the 10.9.3 update that affects my FX650 card......?

Anyone else have problems?

d-1

This 10.9.3 update is also affecting Macbook Pro's as well.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/25829597#25829597

May 18, 2014 6:15 PM

I ran the update to 10.9.3 yesterday.  After reboot the Mail program gave me an error that it might not be compatible with the OS.  I restarted, now I get the a progress bar.  It goes for about 30 seconds then powers the macbook down.

Here's what I've tried.

1. Booting into recovery mode (both Internet recovery and regular recovery)

2. I cant repair permissions or repair the disk.  It says that it needs to be reloaded, etc

3. I tried a reinstall.  I'm getting a disk locked error on the Macintosh HD and recovery HD.

4. Can't boot into safe boot.  I get a driver error and Mac OS Version: not set yet.

5. I tried Turning off Encryption.  It won't turn off.

6. When I choose the startup disk to boot to, it still shows 10.9.2, even though the app store showed that 10.9.3 was installed.

Pretty much combed the forums, but I'm not really sure what to do at this point.  The machine is out of warranty and I don't have another Mac to do any cloning, usb startup disks, etc.  I made an appointment with the genius bar tomorrow but I wanted to see if there's something else I can try!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Teruga has a MUCH better AppleHDA that comes from 10.8.5.

I recommend installing this immediately

attachicon.gifALC892_withEnabler.zip

i instal this kext after update combo 10.9.3 with kext wizard, repair permissions and rebuild cache. sound work  good, but why i get long boot 1-2 minutes with delay work mouse and keyboard on login screen ? 

# 10.9.3 # Z87-D3HP # CORE i3 4130 # 128 SSD TEAM # GT520 1GB # 8GB MEMORY TEAM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello from Germany,

i would like to give a little feedback, i changed my hardware from:

• Gigabyte UP45-UD3LR
  • Intel Pentium E5200 Dual Core 2,5 GHz (OC to 3,7 GHz)
  • 6 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM
  • ATI Radeon HD 5770

to:

• Gigabyte Z87-DS3H
  • Intel Core i5 4670k
  • 8 GB Kingston HyperX Blue (2 x 4 GB Kit)
  • GeForce GTX 660 CU II OC 2 GB
  • 1 TB Western Digital Blue

and it works well after some testing. I cloned my OS X (10.9.3) from my old HDD to the new one, fixed the 4 KB "Bug" and updated to 10.9.4 - so long so good. But, audio was not working. I read here, tested many AppleHDA and HDAEnabler, nothing works. After hours i found on a french site someone with the same mainboard, he used voodoohda from lion, but the download was not working any more, so i searched the same version and finally found it on a russian site (down at the moment...so i had much luck! :D). After installing and rebooting...yay! Sound! Everything works fine (and very fast), for all the german users, i postet some more instructions how i did all this at my Blog: http://www.5meterfeldweg.de/2014/07/25/mein-neuer-hackintosh/#more-32 You could also find the VoodooHDA there if you need it.

Maybe someone uses the same config as i do and is in trouble with audio, so this could help :)

Regards,

MItchell

• 1 month later...

I have been having an issue with my usb mouse, every so often the cursor goes away and I have to unplug and re-plug to bring it the cursor back.

Started happening about a week ago. It only does it if I am typing on a browser or something like openoffice.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Again, I could go for a day, and nothing happens, then out of the blue it happens.

It even did it just now when I went back and edited.

Any solutions?

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having an issue with my usb mouse, every so often the cursor goes away and I have to unplug and re-plug to bring it the cursor back.

Started happening about a week ago. It only does it if I am typing on a browser or something like openoffice.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Again, I could go for a day, and nothing happens, then out of the blue it happens.

It even did it just now when I went back and edited.

Any solutions?

I fixed this usb problem by moving my mouse down to another usb port and have not had that same issue re-occur again.

Ran OS X 10.9.5 update and had no issues, installed well.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hackintosh on Gigabyte Z87-D3HP I-7 Haswell mother board

I have an update to make about this thread and its almost 4 years later on this same Haswell set up . But just yesterday, my MSI GeForce GTX 650 2GB GDDR 5 PCIe 3.0 video card  started to fail on me, so I purchased a newer MSI GT 730 PCIe 2.0 card and when I boot this same system up, it hangs on the apple logo screen and sits there. What must I do to set this card up if even possible?

I'm trying to avoid doing a lengthy install.

Thanks for any advice.