[Success] Gigabyte Z87-D3HP -- first Haswell hackintosh?

345 posts in this topic

Hello friends,

with the launch of the new machines equipped with Haswell someone there has the SMBios.plis appropriate? Serial number ... such information match.

Reinstalled the Mavericks, but now using the version published. Everything is round, but after taking a look at Cinebench realize I missed a lot in the performance of my GPU (even when using the same kexts).

Totally off topic, I booted up my Macbook Pro laptop, official and the mouse would not work, I could move it around on desktop, but could not click on desktop or anything.

I did a google search and learned that the battery swells up really large and messes with the mouse.

I raise this issue because the battery was so swollen that it bent the aluminum  on the under side of battey container, at least a 1/4".

I ordered a new battery.

Back to topic.

If anyone installs the new offical release of Mavericks on this MOBO, please post how you did it.

post-623839-0-00215500-1382880675_thumb.jpg

Totally off topic, I booted up my Macbook Pro laptop, official and the mouse would not work, I could move it around on desktop, but could not click on desktop or anything.

I did a google search and learned that the battery swells up really large and messes with the mouse.

I raise this issue because the battery was so swollen that it bent the aluminum  on the under side of battey container, at least a 1/4".

I ordered a new one.

Back to topic.

If anyone instals the new offical release of l Mavericks on this MOBO, please post how you did it.

The same way we have been installing the GM's work to install the official release

With TonyMac's updated [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 6.0, with his guide he recommended the following similar full-sized Gigabyte boards:

- GA-Z87X-D3H
- GA-Z87-HD3
- GA-H87-D3H

- GA-Z87X-UD5H
- GA-Z87X-UD3H

I could get a deal on this thread's GA Z87-D3HP, but not sure if it'll install fine with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] DSDT-free, or if I really need a DSDT.  Anyone try?

• Like 1

With TonyMac's updated ##### 6.0, with his guide he recommended the following similar full-sized Gigabyte boards:

- GA-Z87X-D3H

- GA-Z87-HD3

- GA-H87-D3H

- GA-Z87X-UD5H

- GA-Z87X-UD3H

I could get a deal on this thread's GA Z87-D3HP, but not sure if it'll install fine with ##### DSDT-free, or if I really need a DSDT.  Anyone try?

This board works VERY good. I really recommend it.

BTW, specifying a DSDT is so 2009. Bootloaders these days are able to patch DSDT tables by themselves. Let Chameleon/Clover handle it. Its the easiest way.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a newbie, trying my best to get this working. I have a gigabyte z87-d3hp motherboard 8gb ram, intel i5 ,on board video (or I can use a radeon 5770)

I cannot find what settings to change in the bios, I find conflicting information. Please please please someone help. I have searched and searched.

I have my myhack disk or tony***c disk but they only boot to a black screen with a flashing text bar"_"

What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you in advance for hekp, I sure need it

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Goodfellas

someone out there could adjust their SMBios.plist according to new Mac with Haswell?

I have a Radeon HD5850 + Haswell together and wanted to test the gain of your perfomace with the most accurate adjustments.

:moil:

I take that back, I do not have sound now, when it intially boots up the speaker icon turns black, but then goes to grey and I can't control the sound.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I take that back, I do not have sound now, when it intially boots up the speaker icon turns black, but then goes to grey and I can't control the sound.

Hey guys, I just reinstalled 2746-VoodooHDA-v2 and sound works like a charm again, not sure what happened.

Hey guys, I just reinstalled 2746-VoodooHDA-v2 and sound works like a charm again, not sure what happened.

ur sound is gone because AppleHDA was updated , then u just have to reinstall old AppleHDA u used before update

• Like 1

ur sound is gone because AppleHDA was updated , then u just have to reinstall old AppleHDA u used before update

Thanks for letting me know that.

d-1

Just ran digital camera Raw image Update 5.02 - this update adds RAW image compatibility for the following cameras to Aperture 3 and iPhoto 11:

Nikon D5300

NikonDf

Olympus OM-D E-M1

Sony Alpha 7

Sony Alpha 7R

d-1

• 5 weeks later...

Ran digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update version 5.03 - this update adds RAW image compatibility for the following cameras to Aperture 3 and iPhoto 11:

Canon EOS M2

It also includes fixes that-

- Resolve an issue that prevented lens correction from working properly with Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100 images

- Adress a color cast issue on some Olympus-D E-M1 images