I have built many Hackintoshes...but

Macduzzit

3 posts in this topic

I have looked at the help page and every time I try to add my machine to the HCL I quit before I even type anything. I see what I type and it looks nothing like the layout example shown on the help page, so even though I have built many laptop and desktops that are not listed on any of the HCL pages, I am reluctant to list mine because I don't want to screw up the page or get banned from the site for messing up. Why does posting hardware have to be such a complicated task? Can't the page be set up like other sites with fields one can just fill in instead of using HTML website building skills just to post a few lines?

Other than this I believe this is the best site for help and tutorials and have enjoyed it much over the last 4 years.

Thanks

We're in the process of rebuilding the hardware database we had before to be easier and better integrated :), but as it will take several months the wiki is the best we have for now.

You can take a look at a how-to fantomas put together here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/283218-wiki-editing-how-to/ for adding content to the wiki. Don't worry, we don't bite if it doesn't go perfect ;). We could also start a thread to let us add the information for users.