Since I easily loose track of where I've been or what I intended to follow up on later, this entry is an attempt to stash links to some "posts of possible interest" (to me) in the insanelymac forum.
Note Bene: Anything in this entry could change without notice at any time. It's not meant to guide others so much as to jog my memory when needed.
Last update: Thursday, 10 December 2009
A link back to the "hacking required" Lifehacker article.
Entire threads which looked interesting (and which I also will probably never get around to completely reading )
- the vanilla OS X install guide I used (post-LifeHacker ) (new posts)
- DSDT - Vanilla Speedstep - Generic Scope (_PR) (new posts)
- Getting Snow Leopard to recognize your CPU, No more "Unknown", No About This Mac/System Profiler editing. (new posts)
- DSDT Patcher, a tool to fix your DSDT (new posts)
- DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards (new posts)
Specific "summary" posts which the owners aperiodically update
- Master Chief's big honkin' post for an ASUS P5K PRO DSDT (Snow Leopard specific)
(the P5K Pro is an older/discontinued Intel P35/ICH9R motherboard)
- OSX Flags List for Darwin Bootloader & kernel level
Possibily useful tools and ASL "tips 'n tricks"
- lspci updates?
- Dumping debug info via an ASL kludge??
- ASL for a DB-9 serial port (... wonder if I want this?)