Zagg Protectors and the new 3GS

PoisonApple666

1 post in this topic

Well, I bought the Zagg full body protector for my new 3GS. I've used Zagg stuff before with great success. It really is a great product.....but....I put the skin on the new iPhone and after about 36 - 48 hours it started to wrinkle crinkle and peel. On the front...not on the back really...maybe a little at the corners. I know the product was good, because when it wrinkled up it stuck to itself...so no problem there. I believe it may have something to do with the new oleophobic coating on the screen. Oleophobic means that the new iPhone is afraid of margerine, I think. So I contacted Zagg and after a couple of days they got back to me ... by email which is just the way I like it. Here's what they said....

"Thank you for contacting ZAGG, where we are Zealous About Great Gadgets! My name is Hayley and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

In regards to your email, we have thoroughly tested our invisibleSHIELD on the iPhone 3G S and have seen no problems with the invisibleSHIELD and the coating on the device. If your invisibleSHIELD peeled off, you may certainly order a replacement."

Okay...I'm bettin' they didn't test this toooooo much. I always keep my iPhone in a Waterfield slipcase (Nice stuff by the way) and the crinkling started while it was in the case. I really don't think it should do that...but I'm not a chemical engineer either. So...I can order a replacement....I'm interested.

"Per the Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, your replacement invisibleSHIELD is free! To process your replacement request you will be asked to provide a credit or debit card. Your card will be charged a minimal shipping & handling fee. Additionally, your card will be pre-authorized for the retail value of the product you are replacing. You will have 25 days to return your original product. When we receive the original product back, the pre-authorized charge on your credit or debit card will be removed. Your card will be charged in full if the original product is not returned within 25 days.

Please follow the steps below to obtain a replacement invisibleSHIELD:

1. Click the following link and follow the steps: http://www.zagg.com/support/replacement_process.php

2. Provide a credit or debit card. This card will be pre-authorized for the retail value of the invisibleSHIELD you are replacing.

3. A minimal shipping and handling charge will apply.

4.. When your replacement arrives, please return the original to keep your warranty intact.

Returning your original invisibleSHIELD will keep your lifetime replacement guarantee intact. Additionally, we are doing our part in saving the planet by recycling invisibleSHIELDs."

What a pain in the shortzzzzz! Now I have to pay to return a crumbled up stuck to itself piece of plastic....for something I'm betting they didn't really test. I'll bet, soon enough, there will be a flurry of these skin complaints coming. I give Zagg credit for recycling, having a lifetime warranty, and everything else...but come on...I've had easier times getting warranty work out of my Lexus dealer. And they are pricks!!!

If you have the same problem with a Zagg skin, please let me know. Of course, we still have to consider the possibility that I just put the thing on wrong and that I am a moron.....it wouldn't be the first time.