Aperture 1.5 on Hackintosh?

munky

28 posts in this topic

Apertrure update 1.5 is not available at this time as far as I know.

The Aperture site section says "this week"...

So how do you know it needs 10.4.8?

Because it says so right here: http://www.apple.com/aperture/download/

1.5 is available now, if you have apple id and Aperture serial. I'm sure it can be tricked to install under 10.4.6. We'll have to see if it would also be willing to run without crashing. If anyone is able to download the update or point to another source of 1.5, that would help.

Guest goodtime
did you have to do anything 'special' ?

Munky,

Download the torrent on Demonoid for Aperture 1.5.

I can also confirm it runs on my SSE3 Desktop with 10.4.7 (Thank goodness). :D

Apple sure likes its followers to upgrade to the latest and greatest, which is a little too controlling for me. I'd much prefer an older more stable proven system vs. a buggy untested latest and greatest system. Apple's new software update philosophy needs some rethinking.

GT

Well, Having updated Aperture to 1.5 and testing it for a while, my setup is not working as it should. The library was updated after waiting for an hour or so. That was yesterday. I left it overnight for this but today I woke up to find that the machine froze. Restarted the system then the app. It began processing all the previews (a new feature). The app crashed several times during this (more than 7000 pics) and my estimate is that is going to take days for these previews to update! Meanwhile I started doing some adjustments on photos. No good. Aperture is always updating the picture even if you don't make any adjustments. So I figured maybe it's the "processing previews". Cancelled that using aperture task manager, but the corrections show a black or distorted image.

In the end I think I'm going to downgrade it. Any of you with similar problems?

Forgot to say that I tried this on a 10.4.7 system... Hoping that 10.4.8 fixes this (pretty sure since it's required :thumbsdown_anim:

the latest aperture 1.5 posted on the "green guy" works on my pentiumD 930 gma950 system on 10.4.7... i did some importing from iPhoto and it works.... i still new on this thou... and i just fresh install it, no 1.1 in my system..

i upgraded to 1.5 last night. my library took a while to update, but now its fine.

performance seems to have improved a bit, and i like the new tools. as i've mentioned previously, the 'Relocate Masters' thing is absolutely killer for me :)

i left my machine processing previews (as well as converting my entire video collection to H.264 / AAC ;) today, so i shall see how far its got by this evening (when i left for work it had around 5000 images still to process).

Guest goodtime
Im using VisualHub, which does precisely what I want. check it out :wink2:

Alternatively, iSquint might do ya, and its free.

Does anyone know how to convert a DRM'd iTunes Movie? One thing that I hate is that you can't change or export a DRM'd Movie to another format. Like play it on a portable device that is not an iPod. I have thought about playing back the movie through an S-Video Out card on my laptop and re-record the movie using my Video Capture card on another Mac. The analog hole thing.

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to do this digitally? I've tried QTfairuse6, but it only seems to remove the DRM from Audio. The video get wiped out.

GT

I use Aperture 1.5 on OSx86 10.4.6. You need to edit the info.plist in Aperture.

<key>AELMinimumOSVersion</key>

<string>10.4.8</string>

<key>AELMinimumRAMSize</key>

<string>100</string>

<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>

<string>English</string>

<key>CFBundleDocumentTypes</key>

<array>

Write your version of OSx86 here:<string>10.4.8</string>

• 2 weeks later...

High guys, :hysterical:

i was testing Aperture1.5 on my dual xeon (Radeon_X1600Pro) running 10.4.5.

After starting it, i wasn't able to use the menu or importing/viewing images,

so i played a lil bit with 10.4.8 update to find out what's needed to run aperture correctly.

It took 5 min. to fix it, after updating the QuartzCore.framework it was working 100%.

So if someone is using an older version eg. 10.4.5/6/7, might try updating the QuartzCore.framework with Pacifist or something else (backup_the_origanl_one,_before...). I think that's the only file that needs to be updated.

Hope it helps ...

cheers

• 2 months later...

I dl quite a lot of *.dmg files and nothing works on my notebook (1280x800)....what's wrong ?

Aperture.dmg (2,58GB)

Aperture 1.5.2 install including precracked version (169MB)

Aperture 1.5.2 install only precracked version app (4,36MB)

Aperture1.5.1Update.dmg (131MB)

Aperture 1.5 fix (84KB)

Is it Tubgirls release that keeps me from running this application? I don't think so....

Please post me what File you installed and if it's working with / without further patching.

Maybe just maybe it's because Aperture needs resolution more than mine....I saw no patching in plist for that however the 169MB file seems to install fine, then click on icon, nothing happens, the full version doesn't let me install (minimum requirements blabla...).

I'd like to run this because PS3 is still beta for UB.

If you happen to be using Aperture with a warez serial, be careful. For some reason, Apple Legal is targeting this app and hammering people who they find registering with a pirated serial number.

I've been getting nasty calls for 2 days now. I'll have to erase my HD and throw it in the oven, then bury the ashes.