Getting Silverlight to install (avoid the cannot install on PowerPCs)

Amuso

4 posts in this topic

During the installation process of Silverlight on my Hackintosh I got a message saying Silverlight cannot be installed on PowerPC, even though this is absolutely an Intel-based Hackintosh.

There is a few ways to avoid this error message, but I found the following hint very easy to use and it lets you easily get Silverlight installed. It involved removing the InstallerCheck script from the package. Please use with caution as you could run into problems if you do not run an Intel Hackintosh. Microsofts site seemed to have a separate PowerPC installer for the rest of you as well (if you happend to somehow have a rare PowerPC Hackintosh).

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I have taken some time to create a latest version of Hackintosh ready Silverlight 2 GDR 1 v2.0.40115.0Hackintosh ready Silverlight 2 GDR 1 v2.0.40115.0Enjoy!
Is there anything else you've done w/ Silverlight 2.0 besides remove the installation check? Because I've removed the InstallationCheck from Silverlight 3.0 to get it to install on my machine, but when I go to stream Netflix Firefox crashes and Safari freezes. I can't install your ver. because I have a newer ver. of Silverlight and I'd uninstall it to install yours if there's anything else in there to make it compatible w/ hackintoshes.I don't understand this, but here's an error message I got fr. Firefox that people can take a look at:EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS AT 0X000000004a30170fThread 0 Crashed:0 0 + 1244665615